Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 08:11 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,801 times

Advertisements

A young woman in the club approached me, complimented my clothing, and bought me my next drink. She was out with 3 guy friends trying to cheer up one of them that just got out of a relationship by being his wing woman. None of them were with her, she was the “leader” of that group. She is single. I introduced myself and bought shots for everyone. I got accepted into the group on account of my status in the community but went back and forth between groups. Over 3 hours she bought me 4 drinks, we danced to several songs and I learned that she knew how to Tango so we created a scene and at one point we were the only ones dancing. We grinded and I kissed her and she put her hands over my neck while I hugged her lower back. Everyone else could just watch. It was karaoke night and we were supposed to sing the next song together. She complimented my dance moves and said I was damn smooth. She said she would be right back and the next thing I know her and her group are gone.

In my mind this was a rejection, but some of my lady friends in the club think that maybe she got too drunk and forgot to come back (lol yeah right) or that she had to take care of one of her friends (lol) or that she was peer pressured into leaving or that she got scared of the prospect of hooking up.

I never got so far and been rejected, I don’t play the numbers game approaching everything that moves. I scope out who would be receptive to me based on verbal and non verbal communication and filter out those who would just be a waste of time for me or for them. So the people I do approach or approach me generally do well together after interest is confirmed after a normal conversation.

I'm wondering if any men or women here have gotten that far and got "buyers remorse" and left abruptly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 08:50 AM

22,569 posts, read 47,633,000 times
IMHO...
She was with a group and the group decided to call it a night.
Really nothing to do with you....

Old 11-05-2015, 08:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Your status in the community? Never heard that one before...

Old 11-05-2015, 08:55 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
IMHO...
She was with a group and the group decided to call it a night.
Really nothing to do with you....
That, or maybe she was pretty wasted and one of her friends thought she was too wasted to make good choices. No reflection on you, but really drunk women are preyed upon.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:05 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,248 times
I assure you, no one else is impressed with watching two drunk strangers grind and kiss in a bar.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:10 AM

162 posts, read 203,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
He got that street cred, LOL.

All jokes aside. She just left with her group of friends she came with. What more is there to see in that. Pickup where you left off the next time you see her. Until then you really don't know where you stand.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:12 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
She had a moment of sobriety in her drunken state and got out of dodge when she realized what she was doing. (making out and grinding in public)

Old 11-05-2015, 09:27 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
The only place I've ever heard it is on here.

This whole thing sounds like it's out of an episode of How I Met Your Mother. "We created a scene and Tangoed...and before I knew it, she was gone."

Old 11-05-2015, 09:35 AM

52,218 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
The only place I've ever heard it is on here.

This whole thing sounds like it's out of an episode of How I Met Your Mother. "We created a scene and Tangoed...and before I knew it, she was gone."
About 80 percent of the dumbshyt is stuff I see here, these social outcasts that are masquerading as men using terms like 'Alpha' and "simp' and a whole other host of things I can't recall off of the top of my head. I wonder if this is just a CD thing, as I've said before I have worked with young guys in their 20's for 23 yrs now and I just never saw this same attitude out in the real world, maybe they felt it, IDK, but I think the internet just bring out the stooges, woman haters, and losers in life.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:42 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
About 80 percent of the dumbshyt is stuff I see here, these social outcasts that are masquerading as men using terms like 'Alpha' and "simp' and a whole other host of things I can't recall off of the top of my head. I wonder if this is just a CD thing, as I've said before I have worked with young guys in their 20's for 23 yrs now and I just never saw this same attitude out in the real world, maybe they felt it, IDK, but I think the internet just bring out the stooges, woman haters, and losers in life.
There are days when I really have to say to myself "Wait, was that something that a sane person said, or a crazy person on City-Data??"

I really never knew there were so many amazing people who make 6 figures and have such amazing community status! And they all run 5ks and own their own businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships