Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 10:35 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahsmama_2015 View Post
I know this is a relationship forum but I'm just really curious, I'm 5'7 light brown skin and petite I used to have an amazing body after having my baby my body changed drastically , I got stretch marks on my butt, hips boob's and stomach and also my butt and stomach are 3 shades darker then the rest of me... Do I have anything to be embarrassed about? I used to love showing my body now I cover up alot and am very embarrassed... I just feel very unattractive, how do u guys feel about women and stretch marks? Any suggestions
Stretch marks are attractive to me. It shows you are human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 11:15 AM

28 posts, read 17,696 times
Well Everyone has their opinions, if I wanted to argue I can do that OFF of the internet also the beauty column here talks about hair nails and make up I felt I wouldn't have gotten many responses posting on there but I got the info I needed thanks everyone !

Old 11-07-2015, 11:56 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahsmama_2015 View Post
I know this is a relationship forum but I'm just really curious, I'm 5'7 light brown skin and petite I used to have an amazing body after having my baby my body changed drastically , I got stretch marks on my butt, hips boob's and stomach and also my butt and stomach are 3 shades darker then the rest of me... Do I have anything to be embarrassed about? I used to love showing my body now I cover up alot and am very embarrassed... I just feel very unattractive, how do u guys feel about women and stretch marks? Any suggestions
I think your overthinking it to be honest, I personally wouldn't hold it against you and I'm sure most wouldn't especially after having a baby.

Congrats for your baby

Old 11-07-2015, 12:21 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
I'd venture to say most men don't care, especially older men who have likely seen different, changing bodies. OP, at the time I re-entered the dating scene I had a post-baby body, a body that carried and birthed four children. I actually looked really good, and though I was self-conscious about my stretch marks at first, I eventually came to accept them. The men I went out with and/or dated weren't phased by these "imperfections" at all.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:42 PM

769 posts, read 829,447 times
So 1 kid out of wedlock, one more on the way? Are the fathers the same? Are they known or in the picture at all??

No way I would get involved in a trainwreck like that

Old 11-07-2015, 01:51 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
12 Types of Birth Control - Health.com

Old 11-07-2015, 01:58 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,173,857 times
I love women with stretch marks, saggy "body parts", etc. It shows a woman is all natural.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:06 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
To be fair I can understand why she is concerned about her stretchmarks. H*** I was engaged when I had my son, and I had minimal stretch marks that weren't very bad at all compared to other women and I hated them. My EX was fine with them and didn't care but I felt unattractive. I ended up doing exactly what I recommended to the OP--exfoliating three times a week, and derma-rolling every 6 weeks with a 2mm roller on the stretch mark parts. I also used firming butter cocoa butter, retin a, vitamin E, worked out and lifted weights and drank lots of water. It took a little over a year and my stretch marks are now about 95% gone. As in they are still there, but so invisible that you don't notice them. The derma-rolling took me about 8 times before I started to see a change in them, so like I told the OP it isn't something that happens right away.

I didn't use cocoa butter or anything on my stomach while I was pregnant, and regret it, so I had to try to make up for it after I had my son. I got other advice a couple of years later that would have been helpful when I had him about the other things I could have done the first 6 weeks after having him which would have helped my stretch marks. So there are definitely ways to get rid of them. I'm pretty vain and I'm okay with certain imperfections like moles for instance, but I hate strechmarks or scarring that make you look wrinkly and saggy so I did what I could to minimize mine. AT that time I was doing all of this I was still with my partner so it wasn't to impress anyone it was to impress myself.

Once I let him go, and re-entered the dating scene, by then the stretch marks were barely visible. I was fine with my post baby body so I never had to feel insecure about it. But if I still had them, I probably would have been feeling similar to the OP--like how would guys feel about ugly stretch mark stomachs LMAO! So I can totally feel her.

Now I haven't read her other threads, so maybe I need to-my advice is only about this one.

That being said I think that because stretch marks are common amongst women, even ones who have not had babies, that a lot of men are forgiving about them. There is a girl in one of my classes, she's about 24 and has never had a child, a white girl with stretch marks on her hips(her shirt raised one day). I think they are common and pretty easy to get unless you have good a** genes and elastic thick skin.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:36 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
If a guy is into you, he won't care about stretch marks

Old 11-07-2015, 04:41 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,639,923 times
Meant to share this in my earlier post. I had three pregnancys and few stretch marks due to daily rub of plain old cocoa butter on the belly and back side. The only stretch marks that appeared was in later years due to the flucuation of my weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships