Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 10:18 AM

565 posts, read 430,494 times

Advertisements

Yeah it does happen quite a bit. Ive been called gay for exact same reasons. Even worse, its socially acceptable and people usually laugh about it. I dont thibk ive ever witnessed a man name calling a wiman names, when rejected, but i know it occasionally happens. I think women arent used to being rejected, and men have alot of experience in it. Being able to handle rejection gracefully, is a sign of good character, for a man or a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 10:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,067,600 times
Wait, I thought women NEVER approach men! So, now we have herds of women approaching men and calling them gay when they get rejected?

Old 11-08-2015, 10:23 AM

19,595 posts, read 20,036,049 times
? ! If this keeps happening to you on a regular basis, then maybe these women are telling you something you don't know lol.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,266,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Yeah it does happen quite a bit. Ive been called gay for exact same reasons. Even worse, its socially acceptable and people usually laugh about it. I dont thibk ive ever witnessed a man name calling a wiman names, when rejected, but i know it occasionally happens. I think women arent used to being rejected, and men have alot of experience in it. Being able to handle rejection gracefully, is a sign of good character, for a man or a woman.
Whenever a woman called me gay for turning her down I just assumed she has never been told no in her life. Either way, I was right to turn her down. Grow up and see not everyone has to like you.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,098,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Like that ever happens
It's generally "ugly b****" more than "lesbian ho" and usually followed up with some comment about how she should be grateful for the attention.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:28 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,291,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalmend View Post
More often than not, whenever I tell a woman who's interested in me that I don't feel the same way, she calls me gay. This has happened a couple of times to some of my friends too. Or if they show some interest and I don't show interest back, they say I'm gay. If I was gay I'd just come out and say it. They know I'm not gay but they still feel the need to lash out. Maybe they feel entitled to a positive response, maybe they think that just because they put themselves out there and took a risk that I have to reward them by automatically being interested in them. Now that I have a girlfriend it still happens. They approach me, I politely let them know that I'm not interested, and they call me gay, even if they see my girlfriend and know that she's with me.
This sounds like high school stuff, so how old are you?

Old 11-08-2015, 10:38 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,266,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This sounds like high school stuff, so how old are you?
I believe him. Some people never grow up.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:45 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,291,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I believe him. Some people never grow up.
Well, I have never been called a lesbian when I showed no interest in a guy. Also, I have never known a WOMAN to call a guy gay because he rejected her. It just seems to far-fetched.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:49 AM

570 posts, read 717,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
They aren't. A lot of women handle it worse than men.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:51 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,971,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
It has happened to me and I just laugh and tell them a rude remark. Some women need to get over themselves. Not every man is gonna like you. No need to be disrespectful.
And some men need to get over themselves, not every woman is going to like you, no need to be disrespectful.........

So many keep forgetting that everything anyone does to someone else is not gender specific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships