Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 12:57 PM

273 posts, read 240,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Males of any species are not meant to raise offspring of another male. That would go against our very nature, and ensuring survival of our bloodline. Todays feminized whipped males however, often pretend that its ok.
Species...what kind is that, the kind that live in their parents basements, surfing dating sites, feeling frustrated they have never had real sex?

Old 11-08-2015, 01:01 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Dating a single mother with a baby is one thing and not recommended in most cases. Dating a single mother with teenagers or young adults is a very different show. But go ahead and lump every woman with a child into the same category, and we will do the same for you.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindlessness View Post
I have seen multiple examples of single moms dating and not only finding happiness but many of them marrying. I can think of 15 examples (of people I personally know), off the top of my head.

I have no worries about meeting people. I know that I am the type of person that will attract many choices.
Among my closer friends, I don't have a lot of single parents. But of the 4 that I know off the top of my head (3 women and 1 man) - 1 remarried, 1 is dating, 1 is very newly single and not looking, and 1 is looking to date but I'm not sure how that is going. Going by my friends on Facebook - there seem to be lots of mixed families. I would venture a guess that most of the divorced people with children are in relationships or remarried. At least that's what it seems like. Granted - these are just from my peer group - but it doesn't seem to be that much of an issue.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:08 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
I think it was a snarky point that she does not have a boyfriend because she is a single mom...just guessing.
Yep definitely snark because he assumes that I am not in a relationship because I am a single mother. It's projection. He believes that because he does not date single moms for the reasons he has that other men do not either, and so it's a struggle to be a single mom and date. The reality is that as I already said we are all individuals. I am not going to speak for all single moms. I can only speak for myself-being single by choice means that it is not difficult for me to date and that being single is a concious decision that I have made for a specific reason. It has not been difficult to date for me, this has always been true though for me, even before having my kid. All of the friends I have that are single moms are dating or got remarried or they are in ltrs. In fact I only have one friend that is a single mother and is still single because she can't meet anyone. She is in her late thirties and is at peace with it. I believe people believe that being a single mother means it's a struggle to date or find men that want us but honestly for me and most of my friends it really has not been. For other single mothers it is. We are not all alike. I think the op wants us all to be because it makes it easier to put us in a box to discount us the same way.

I don't live in an area that is populated with single mothers so maybe what he sees in their experiences has defined how he sees single mothers in general but his question to me and this thread both indicate that he does not see any value in dating single mothers and does not want to, so I don't understand why he would... It's strange. I would never force myself to date someone that I really saw no value in. It's a waste of time.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:08 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,957,413 times
Default The positive that I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonvel View Post
Where I live there are a lot of single mothers. I mean a LOT. There are very, very few single women where I live that don't have kids.

Usually they're invisible to me as far as dating goes. Total turnoff. The idea of it has always seemed pointless and unappealing.

But recently I've been trying to see if there's any way that I could perhaps change my mind. I'm open minded. Maybe it's not such a bad idea, who knows. Maybe I've been too picky or maybe I just haven't really considered it. I know a couple of guys who are seeing single moms and I don't think I've really heard any complaints from them so for all I know it might be ok. Are there any positives / benefits to dating a single mom?
Is that because, as you state, where you live there are a lot of single mothers--and few singles that don't have kids, you will have more choice of dates if you include the single mothers. Supply. This will be true the older you get. Don't wait too long.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:11 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Me He Man!!! Me pound chest!!!
*snicker*

Quote:
I have seen multiple examples of single moms dating and not only finding happiness but many of them marrying. I can think of 15 examples (of people I personally know), off the top of my head.

I have no worries about meeting people. I know that I am the type of person that will attract many choices.
I have a number of friends who are divorced mothers who have/had no issues dating, and a few of them married childless men, myself included. These are also intelligent, educated women, so they're not at all "low quality" or whatever labels and assumptions are made about women with children.

My husband never brought up or addressed my "status" of being a divorced mother. It wasn't an orange or red flag or whatever. His previous girlfriend has children as well, and most women in their mid-late 30s have children.

Contrary to popular thought on CD-R, not all divorced or single women with children struggle with dating and having "options."

Old 11-08-2015, 01:11 PM

273 posts, read 240,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Among my closer friends, I don't have a lot of single parents. But of the 4 that I know off the top of my head (3 women and 1 man) - 1 remarried, 1 is dating, 1 is very newly single and not looking, and 1 is looking to date but I'm not sure how that is going. Going by my friends on Facebook - there seem to be lots of mixed families. I would venture a guess that most of the divorced people with children are in relationships or remarried. At least that's what it seems like. Granted - these are just from my peer group - but it doesn't seem to be that much of an issue.
I think whether divorced or a single person with children; if you are a quality person you attract that type of person. There is a reason people like me and others married early, and have no problems finding love again. Quality is quality.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Males of any species are not meant to raise offspring of another male. That would go against our very nature, and ensuring survival of our bloodline. Todays feminized whipped males however, often pretend that its ok.
This is flat-out one of the most disgusting lines of thinking that we see on this forum. And it's really just stupid. If everyone thought this way, no orphaned or abandoned kids would be adopted.

There are plenty of "manly men" who were either raised by a stepfather or are stepdads themselves.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:16 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Ditto.

You will never be number one in the family.
I'm married with kids and I'm not number one in the family. I'm ok with it. The hierarchy in my house is:

Kids
Dogs
Dad

Old 11-08-2015, 01:18 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
If she's an amazing person then what better benefit than that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships