Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 06:11 AM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Lmao.... they are better at the scam than I would have ever imagined.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:32 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Lmao.... they are better at the scam than I would have ever imagined.
It seems they've gotten more sophisticated about it, since the early days, after the crash. Now they don't come across as aggressively. OP noted she hasn't asked for money or said anything about a relationship or even getting together. They're subtler now, it looks like. They let the guy think it was his idea to fly to Moscow for a visit. lol I'm really curious to see how this plays out. Good luck to the OP.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:54 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It seems they've gotten more sophisticated about it, since the early days, after the crash. Now they don't come across as aggressively. OP noted she hasn't asked for money or said anything about a relationship or even getting together. They're subtler now, it looks like. They let the guy think it was his idea to fly to Moscow for a visit. lol I'm really curious to see how this plays out. Good luck to the OP.
Like I said earlier, why is he not questioning why a Russian girl half his age is contacting him? If 19 year olds in his own country aren't in hot pursuit of him, what makes him think one a couple thousand miles away legitimately is? How is this not anything but a scam?

Old 11-18-2015, 01:01 AM

10,060 posts, read 7,229,638 times
It's not impossible to be real. The less Western the country, the less 10-20 year age gaps matter because marriage is somewhat more of an economic decision. 50-30, 45-25, 35-20, that kind of thing is much more acceptable. Young women are often expected by their families to marry someone older and more established. Western men should know getting into it that the family will expect reciprocation.

19 is a bit young though. I might think it more likely if she was early to mid 20s. At 19... I kind of think it is a scam, but the there is a possibility of reality. Russia is not Chad. If all a woman wanted was a "green card" to work a Western country, there are other ways of going about it. There is an actual dating industry specializing in hooking up Western men with foreign women and it exists for a reason... there are some women over there actually looking for big change in their life by marrying a Western man. The problem with it is, just like there are... "issues" with the Western men resorting to this method... there are problems with the women seeking this out over there.

If the OP has the money to fly to Russia for an impromptu trip, that's fine. If I were him I'd consider it a sight-seeing trip to Russia first, meet-up distant 2nd.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:04 AM

13 posts, read 10,746 times
she not love you , you old man for her , maybe you live in 1st world , she of course will not tell you she search for money or immigration through marriage , she just keep pretend until she get what she want, i just curious how many man she sent to him in dating sites )) - one word GOLDDIGGER

Old 03-23-2016, 03:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
She's sweet and lovely and polite because she wants something from you. You don't really think some literally random absolute stranger, a 19-year-old hottie one at that, from across the globe, has fallen head over heels for you sight unseen, do you? Things don't work that way.

Countdown to when she asks you for money to help her sick mother.

But in the meantime, sure, she'll continue to be polite, sweet and lovely. Why wouldn't she? It's no skin off her teeth and it may pay off in the end...if not, she can always ghost you and aim for the next aging guy with a pocketful of U.S. dollars.

Good luck.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:56 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagospool View Post
The world is getting smaller. People aren't as far removed from each other as they used to be. International dating can only get more and more popular, and so it should. If you want women of a high quality, having the option to go abroad is a godsend.
Having the ability to attract and keep the interest of high quality women at home is an even bigger godsend.

Good luck with that, New Member.

And yeah, we know it's Spring Break.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:23 PM

7,429 posts, read 4,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
It's not that. American men are so much in love with their precious America that they believe everybody else would prostitute themselves just for a chance to get a green card.
|
| (looks like we have a match! )
|
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladin1991 View Post
she not love you , you old man for her , maybe you live in 1st world , she of course will not tell you she search for money or immigration through marriage , she just keep pretend until she get what she want, i just curious how many man she sent to him in dating sites )) - one word GOLDDIGGER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships