Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 01:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,107,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
So see, you locked him down at your peek. Good for you. Not cool to advise others not to do same, however.
I didn't "lock him down at my peak." I met the love of my life - at it happened to be at 25. One of my closest friends met the love of her life at 30. Another at 33.

Quote:
Yep, I hear you guys. That's why men who are suave with women have such a hard time dating. They are perpetually dateless, single, and simply ignored by women. Unlike the nerdy nice guys - the only problem they have is which hottie to choose.
Do you think those guys are husband/father material? Do you think the "hotties" that they sleep with are wife/mother material? I think the women that want to be just another notch on the bedpost and the men that just want another notch on the bedpost are probably very well suited for each other - but probably not what the OP is looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 01:20 PM

565 posts, read 431,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I didn't "lock him down at my peak." I met the love of my life - at it happened to be at 25. One of my closest friends met the love of her life at 30. Another at 33.
They could have gotten a better quality man at 25. I guess you were the smart on of the bunch - good for you.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,107,776 times
Quote:
They could have gotten a better quality man at 25. I guess you were the smart on of the bunch - good for you.
No, they married the right guys for them. The guys they were dating at 25 were not nearly of the quality of the men they married.

As entertaining as it is to respond to your posts, I know you don't even believe most of what you post. You just like to get a rise out of people. If you did believe what you posted, you wouldn't date anyone over 25. And you wouldn't talk so much about the "truth" since we all know that there are a lot of things that you won't own up to.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:34 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,202,885 times
Quote:
Yep, I hear you guys. That's why men who are suave with women have such a hard time dating. They are perpetually dateless, single, and simply ignored by women. Unlike the nerdy nice guys - the only problem they have is which hottie to choose.
No doubt the suave men are very successful with women; they just don't happen to be my cup of tea, and vice versa. Hell, maybe I subconsciously drew toward the shy, dorky types because there is less competition on both accounts.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:34 PM

48,413 posts, read 34,578,908 times
I don't think men are interested in settling down until they meet a woman who makes that lifestyle attractive, especially in their 20s.

I just skimmed, but a BF is not a substitute for friends and why were those guys considered unsafe?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2015, 06:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,749,320 times
True Mikala many men don't want to settle down. They will lie and say they do.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:03 PM

5,428 posts, read 4,427,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
This is coming from a woman that was proposed to 3 times and got married at 28. .
You likely had your first marriage proposal by 25-26. Even if you were living in New York then, which in the US tends to have people marrying later than even the big cities in the Southern US and interior West (excluding Pacific Coast states), that still shows that you were likely pretty desirable and likely pretty decent looking. Guys will lock down a quality prospect young.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:50 PM

709 posts, read 764,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It isn't just me. Why do you think non-fraternization policies exist across wide swaths of industry? Are they all my idea? They existed long long long before I was ever born and thankfully are making a comeback.

No, they exist because of lawsuits, climate, and morale in the workplace being affected. You might want to read up on the history of the basis of non fraternization policies before commenting.
Wide swaths of industry? Which industry, or industries? Please give us an example

I don't need to read up on anything. I have worked at a number of places in industry. None had non-fraternization policies. Why? Because they are realistic, and they realize most people can act like adults. Maybe you can't.

Quote:
One thing that is not often part of such treatises on non fraternization policies is sexual harassment policies. Large swaths of sexual harassment claims are not made by the two people involved in the interactions, they are from third parties that are affected by the climate of the interactions, and even the most discreet couples do create such energy.

So yes, dating co workers is idiotic, even if it does occasionally "work".
Dude, read this again slowly. It is absolute gibberish, even idiotic.

But no matter. As I said, many of my friends have met their significant others through work, and are happy. Is that idiotic?

Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,092,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Non-STEM women are less apt to be into dating men in STEM. When I said what I said about women's perception of STEM workers, I was writing it from the perspective of an early to mid-20s woman who's about a 6-7 or higher in looks and either a Psychology/Sociology type major in undergrad or didn't finish college.

I'd say those are the two worst in general.
I'm a pretty decent looking girl. I don't look like a STEM girl. I wear make up and dress really well. I'm definitely at least a 7.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:54 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,092,433 times
Quote:
I partially agree, I never quite got the "looking for someone to marry" approach to dating. It seems that meeting someone, dating for a bit and seeing where things go, would be a better approach. I call it outcome independent. Chances are there are plenty of guys who aren't looking to "settle down", but if they meet the right woman and the relationships develops over time, they may very well commit and create a future together. With that said, RJ is completely right. Her SMV will begin to decline after 25, and she will never again in her life be able to land as high of quality man. I know you don't believe in it, but realities and observed facts speak for themselves.
so I should change my approach? I'm already kind of hitting a wall I feel at times. I just don't want to waste my best years on some guy dragging his feet. I rather be upfront that I'm looking to have a family now. I can support myself, so I'm ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships