Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:21 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times

Advertisements

Um, this is strange, and why do we need a backstory? You could have led with "I think it's immature for a grandfather to play with his grandson."

There are issues with this story, but it isn't your husband.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Um, this is strange, and why do we need a backstory? You could have led with "I think it's immature for a grandfather to play with his grandson."
That's the problem.

For one thing, it really matters to HER that those kids are NOT her husband's actual grandchildren. Her husband, on the other hand, seems to be trying to lead by example and is staying in these kids' lives even though his relationship with their grandmother is long over.

She also is not comfortable with her role as the wife of a youth minister, which requires a LOT of patience, a lot less judgment, and some common sense.

OP has not exhibited much of these at all.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:35 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Several weeks ago, my partner got a couple of water guns for us to use to keep the cats off the kitchen counter. Of course, we had to test them out- to figure out aim and such. Yup, that's it. During our last war, my partner learned a valuable lesson. While it's all well and good to have a water gun in each hand, it does leave him without a hand to keep his sweatpants up.

I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed so much. What a great feeling.

OP- laughter and fun. They really are things that adults engage in. Try it sometime, you might like it.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:06 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
As you all know my husband has grandkids from a previous relationship. They aren't his biological grandkids but he helped his ex raise her daughter after her father was killed when she was about 3. Now that girl has two kids of her own and they call my husband grand daddy. They don't know there's no blood mix.

Well, my husband was telling me a story about him and his grandson Sunday and I thought his behavior was a little immature. He said that Sunday during church he took the 3 year old to the bathroom and on the way back to the sanctuary they were in the back hallway and no one was around. The grandson began hopping on one foot so my husband said he began to do the same and I told him that he needed to grow up and act a little more mature, especially in church. He said it wasn't like we were hopping on one foot right in front of the pulpit and he didn't see the problem with it. He said that as long as he can he's going to play with his grandkids as much as he possibly could. He's also a youth advisor so the other kids in the church usually run up to him during service and they'll talk and laugh and he'll kid with them too. I just think that a 46 year old man shouldn't be playing around with kids like that. I want a husband, not a child.

Was I wrong to call him immature? I think there's a time and place for everything and church is not the time nor the place.

Let me ask you one simple question. You needn't answer it here if you don't wish, because it's not a giant point of debate. It's just a simple question.

Years from now when a three-year-old looks back and maybe remembers the moment, maybe doesn't... do you really think God will want him to recall quiet austerity, or his papaw hopping on one foot that time when nobody was around to see?

I've known too many church ladies who could tell that Jesus punk a thing or two about cleaning up his act.

Think about it.

“Dear God:
I didn't go to mass last Sunday morning.
Signed: Conroy

Conroy:
Don't worry about it. It was a nice day. I don't know who built the church, but I made the sunshine.
Signed: God”

John R. Powers, The Unoriginal Sinner and the Ice-Cream God

Old 11-17-2015, 10:37 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thread closed. Duplicate topic.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships