Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 05:11 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
OP, you're being psycho.

If your gf wants to take a 30 minute shower, why are u making an issue of it? Don't be some self-righteous ahole about it. It's a shower. Yes, everyone is aware of the drought, however her showers are not going to make or break the state's water supply, trust me.

Chill out, calm down and stop looking for fights. I agree should be able to take a shower as long as she wants.
You don't get it. California is in a SEVERE drought. It's a BIG DEAL.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:25 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryg View Post
My girlfriend has many wonderful qualities and I love her. But being that we are in a drought, I find her long showers usually average at least 30 min and are often longer, pretty unconscionable. Last night after another one of her marathon showers, I said you know we have a severe drought. 45 minutes is too long. And while I take 5 min showers, I do realize women have more to do in there. She said "I'll shower as long as I want." And then something to the effect of "you didn't have to move in if you don't like it."

Meanwhile I pay 70% of the rent, since I earn much more than her. I was really put off by her comment. I don't like to find arguments but I'm really turned off by her selfishness in this regard. It makes me wonder if she even knows how bad a drought we have? Not that her actions alone are using up all our water, but it's still not right in my opinion.

By the way, we're both in out 40s.
Thoughts?
Just curious but do you also believe in : Global Warming is man made?
Mandatory seat belt use?
Mandatory Helmet Laws?
Strict gun control laws?
Outlawing smoking anywhere?
Legalizing Marijuana?
Taxing the hell out of the rich?
Open borders?
No limits on abortion?

May I suggest you buy a $1.00 bottle of rubbing Alcohol and use it with a clean washcloth to give your GF a hand shower? She might enjoy it and think of how much water you would save.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:51 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Just curious but do you also believe in : Global Warming is man made?
Mandatory seat belt use?
Mandatory Helmet Laws?
Strict gun control laws?
Outlawing smoking anywhere?
Legalizing Marijuana?
Taxing the hell out of the rich?
Open borders?
No limits on abortion?

May I suggest you buy a $1.00 bottle of rubbing Alcohol and use it with a clean washcloth to give your GF a hand shower? She might enjoy it and think of how much water you would save.
One again, if you go this route, we will need a video.
If you were rich or a miner in the Klondike you could give her a golden shower.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:57 PM

121 posts, read 102,137 times
I would ask this in the Relationship forum as well LOL.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:13 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryg View Post
We get along otherwise fine. And I don't know if she takes them this long all the time but it seems like it. But I could be wrong. The other night I watched the news for an hour with her son. And the water was running seemingly the entire time. I didn't time it. But I just can't believe how long she runs the shower.

I mentioned it to her before but she happily sort of blew it off and I decided to ignore it. The other night I guess I noticed it more b/c I was going to shower after the news and she was still in there under the shower.

That's when we had our little "confrontation". It's not about the shower. It's about respect. Hard to respect someone who doesn't care about the drought and that "I've always taken 40 min showers." With the drought going on, to me that's ignorant and selfish.

Like I said maybe not all are this long and great if they're not. Last night she was in the shower for 15 min: the shortest time I've ever seen for her.

I'm the last guy to be a nag or control somebody. Sorry, it just urks me. Like I said....it's hard to love ignorance sometimes.
Find another woman.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:32 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,191,325 times
I can't belive I read this 12 pages of showers ooook

Old 12-16-2015, 08:44 PM

170 posts, read 188,599 times
Its not normal, are you sure she is just showering ?

Old 12-17-2015, 10:50 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila4less View Post
Its not normal, are you sure she is just showering ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsfNXj9s-iY

Old 12-17-2015, 11:58 AM

912 posts, read 914,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad06 View Post
She's probably leaving the shower water running while taking a dump.
Yup. Then shaving, then shampooing, then conditioning, then shower, then exfoliating. That could easily be 30 mins. I love how men love high maintenance women but then try to tell them not to do the things that keep them looking pretty.

I'm sure the OP has habits the girlfriend doesn't like. If you're going to breakup over shower duration, then it wasn't meant to be in the first place.

Perhaps she saves water in other ways so she can afford those long showers without guilt? I say pick your battles. Since she's not willing to give up the showers, do what most adults do and find other ways she's willing to cut back to offset it. How about that?

My ex liked expensive cars. Who needs 5 cars? Five expensive cars? Well, we compromised. He offset the budget to afford the cars by giving up other things (we could afford them either way, but my big issue was that money should be invested and not dumped into a depreciating asset like a car, so the money he saved giving up other things was invested instead -- we were both happy).

Old 12-17-2015, 12:14 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
Yup. Then shaving, then shampooing, then conditioning, then shower, then exfoliating. That could easily be 30 mins. I love how men love high maintenance women but then try to tell them not to do the things that keep them looking pretty.

I'm sure the OP has habits the girlfriend doesn't like. If you're going to breakup over shower duration, then it wasn't meant to be in the first place.

Perhaps she saves water in other ways so she can afford those long showers without guilt? I say pick your battles. Since she's not willing to give up the showers, do what most adults do and find other ways she's willing to cut back to offset it. How about that?

My ex liked expensive cars. Who needs 5 cars? Five expensive cars? Well, we compromised. He offset the budget to afford the cars by giving up other things (we could afford them either way, but my big issue was that money should be invested and not dumped into a depreciating asset like a car, so the money he saved giving up other things was invested instead -- we were both happy).
Did you say ex? Just saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships