Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 09:03 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,515,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
I never call someone before a date just texting. I guess I prefer the awkwardness in person!

Honestly mate I think your a nice fella but you do make things hard for yourself.

Going by your last thread about texting/calling BELIEVE ME calling makes all the difference

OP I agree with the above poster if you can't feel a connection over the phone it's a great indication that there will be no sparks on a date
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 09:16 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,398 times
Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm super ultra terrible on the phone but not in real life. I'm still awkward on the phone when talking to my wife. I'm just terrible on the phone and prefer face-to-face 100% of the time.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:20 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
I never call someone before a date just texting. I guess I prefer the awkwardness in person!

I do the same thing. My voice cracks a lot on the phone so I'd rather face my date where I can at least control my voice better than to give them an awkward vibe about me and not even make it to the date. Before anyone takes this opportunity to talk about it, I do work on the phone for a living.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:27 AM

1,088 posts, read 576,863 times
Some of you mentioned that talking on the phone is becoming outdated, which is true, and yet it seems like any time I connect with a woman online she insists on a phone call before we meet. And at least a few times, the initial phone calls have been so natural and the chemistry so obvious that I was eager to meet them in person. Which is why I really have no desire to pursue anything further when the conversation was clunky and distant. This woman seemed bored to tears talking to me and mostly let me ask all the questions, as though she couldn't think of a single thing to ask me. I don't see future meetings being much different.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:20 AM

565 posts, read 432,539 times
WHy didn't you make the phone conversation less awkward. Youre a man, learn how to lead.

Phone calls allows women to hear your voice, so they can judge compatibility using another sense. Its very common. You just gotta get your game together. Remember this: in a traditional setting, if you are with a woman or talking to a woman, you are the one with sole control of chemistry, awkwardness and how two of you relate. If you are relaxed and playful, she will become relaxed and playful within minutes. If you feel anxious and awkward, she will feel anxious and awkward within minutes. Tip for guys that want to get laid: If you feel sexual, she will feel sexual within minutes. No easier way to get laid, than to create sexual chemistry between you and the woman.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:14 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,402,722 times
I get the point of phone calls, but they don't necessarily mean anything.

A call can go perfectly, but there may be no chemistry in person. Vice versa as well.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:13 PM

1,088 posts, read 576,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
WHy didn't you make the phone conversation less awkward. Youre a man, learn how to lead.

Phone calls allows women to hear your voice, so they can judge compatibility using another sense. Its very common. You just gotta get your game together. Remember this: in a traditional setting, if you are with a woman or talking to a woman, you are the one with sole control of chemistry, awkwardness and how two of you relate. If you are relaxed and playful, she will become relaxed and playful within minutes. If you feel anxious and awkward, she will feel anxious and awkward within minutes. Tip for guys that want to get laid: If you feel sexual, she will feel sexual within minutes. No easier way to get laid, than to create sexual chemistry between you and the woman.
How would you suggest making a phone call less awkward? I spent the whole time asking her typical getting-to-know-you questions, using humor when appropriate, and doing my best to show genuine interest in her responses. Most of my questions were met with very half-hearted answers, then silence. She asked very few questions of her own. What more could I have done?

Old 11-20-2015, 03:17 PM

565 posts, read 432,539 times
You change things up to see what she responds too. Crack a joke, be conservative, be crazy, be interested, be disinterested. She will start responding to you being one way or the other. Once you know what gets her talking or feeling more comfortable, play off of that. Its no different than meeting someone in person and reading their body language. If you are really close to someone and they seem uncomfortable, you take a step back and continue the conversation. It should be very natural and normal, but you have to pay attention to details. The more you do this, the better you get at it.

I normally keep all phone and text conversations with women brief and to the point. I'm not there so we can chat for hours like she would with her girlfriends. I usually limit calls to setting up a meeting in person. This way I can use a lot more than my voice to make her feel comfortable and safe with me. That's how you create "chemistry"

Old 11-20-2015, 03:38 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
I've had a couple of conversations that were like pulling teeth. One in particular - he was a very nice guy but I had to carry the conversation, and when I wasn't talking the line was basically dead. I admit that I hate talking on the phone, but I do think it's a necessary step when you're getting to know someone. If a phone call is impossible, I'm likely to pass.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:19 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,857,675 times
For this exact reason, I like to keep the phone conversations before meeting pretty short and sweet. I agree it's good to hear the person's voice, but I'm not great at talking on the phone. When I meet a woman in person and get to know her, it makes the phone calls easier. I would never rule out a woman I had interest in just because of an awkward phone call. I'd at least meet up with her in person and of for whatever reason it was awkward/ no chemistry, then I'd move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships