Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 03:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You like her, and you had a good time, you didn't REALLY say anything bad in the text AND you apologized.

She MIGHT be put off by the fact that you talked about how many times you kissed her with your friend...that whole "don't kiss and tell" thing. She might be worried you're only in it for sex.

I would just ask her out again, and see what happens. I hope she says yes. I REALLY hope she doesn't ghost you, since that is even ruder than anything you did.

Good luck!
Yeah, because women don't do this or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Clearly the next step is a call, I agree.
No, it isn't, it's 2015, not 1968, stop with the call , good grief.

OP, you're fine, honest mistake, it's not like you went into gross detail about her body and other things that would be inappropriate to tell a friend.

Give her some time, and if she gets all bent out of shape over that and stops talking to you, consider yourself lucky in the long run. Like I said, her girlfrans are probably asking her to "dish" on how the date with, so it's not a big deal.

I've accidentally texted much worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 04:02 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

No, it isn't, it's 2015, not 1968, stop with the call , good grief.

OP, you're fine, honest mistake, it's not like you went into gross detail about her body and other things that would be inappropriate to tell a friend.

Give her some time, and if she gets all bent out of shape over that and stops talking to you, consider yourself lucky in the long run. Like I said, her girlfrans are probably asking her to "dish" on how the date with, so it's not a big deal.

I've accidentally texted much worse.

Yeah, I could see giving her a little space and not crowding in on her for the next date. I am not talking about waiting long but maybe a day or two.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:08 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,614 times
Quote:
I am a guy and I had a second date that went pretty well until I royally messed it up AFTER we parted ways. Immediately after the date a friend texted me to ask me how the date went and if we had made plans for a third. When I replied to his text I mistakenly texted the lady who was my date!

The text I accidentally sent to her said, "No but I think it is clear we want to go out again. We talked about what we both want and I kissed her several times. She has to work tomorrow."

After I realized my mistake I apologized and said that text was meant to go to my friend and that I was conveying to him what a good time I had with her. She has not replied (though the date ended less than 24 hours ago).

Is there anyway to recover from my clumsy mistake?
It was a mistake. Not a big deal. If she really likes you, this will be overlooked. If you don't hear from her, then I'm highly doubtful that it's because of a mistaken text.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:28 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Quote:
So you agree I am toast? No chance to recover and get a third date?
To be honest, I would hate it when I go out on a date and someone besides me and the guy knows every details about it. So I can see why she has not responded. But everybody is different.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

I didn't say women don't do this, but the OP's a dude, sooooo.... Plus you don't often get written proof.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:53 PM

Well she finally responded with a text of her own saying roughly, "No Worries. I took it as a compliment. Thanks."

Old 11-22-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Well she finally responded with a text of her own saying roughly, "No Worries. I took it as a compliment. Thanks."
Whew. Crisis averted.

Are you going out again?

Old 11-22-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Whew. Crisis averted.

Are you going out again?

How would you want a guy to reply back to that?

Old 11-22-2015, 06:15 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Call her and set up date 3!

Old 11-22-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
How would you want a guy to reply back to that?
There is no need to reply to that. Time to start over.

I would wait till tomorrow, then ask her out as if nothing happened. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships