Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 07:31 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I'm not fully embarrassed of what I did. I just messaged him that he may be one of my neighbors since I recognized his pictures from the Facebook group we both belonged to, which is true. He just asked me how my Thanksgiving was and when I moved in. I replied and asked him what he thought of the area and how long he's been in the area. I didn't profess my love for him or anything.

Good news is if history repeats itself, I usually find someone who's wonderful for me after I get a big rejection. I hope I don't get any more rejections.
Aw, I was just teasing you

Old 12-02-2015, 01:15 PM

455 posts, read 388,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Ask him to help you move something.
Perfect! Or how about "run" into him at the gym and fake like you don;t know who he is and say "you look so familiar I've seen you before" Act all coy and then "oh that's it, don;t you live near X", I just moved in or I'm just moving in".. Brilliant.

Although on another note, don;t try to fit someone in your life that doesn't fit. If he doesn't want to deal with kids.....find someone who does because he is not wanting a long term relationship. Guys say that but it's so not true when they start putting up "rules".

Old 12-03-2015, 08:26 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Just some update. This happened after my last post. My assumptions about him was based on his public FB posts. Based on those posts, he doesn't seem like the nicest guy.

I sent him a quick message on OLD and told him I was one of his neighbors. My first message had no open ended questions, just a quick message to let him know who I was and how I found him. I didn't think he would reply, but one day later he replied, and he was the one who actually asked me two opened ended questions. I replied and asked him some more questions, but he hasn't responded even though he's been active online.

So you determined he was not a nice person, and then proceeded to try and see if you could get a date?

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
I'm not fully embarrassed of what I did. I just messaged him that he may be one of my neighbors since I recognized his pictures from the Facebook group we both belonged to, which is true. He just asked me how my Thanksgiving was and when I moved in. I replied and asked him what he thought of the area and how long he's been in the area. I didn't profess my love for him or anything.

Good news is if history repeats itself, I usually find someone who's wonderful for me after I get a big rejection. I hope I don't get any more rejections.
I admire your courage. You got balls!

Only if more men had the same creep drive

Old 12-04-2015, 04:22 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Quote:
Just some update. This happened after my last post. My assumptions about him was based on his public FB posts. Based on those posts, he doesn't seem like the nicest guy.

I sent him a quick message on OLD and told him I was one of his neighbors. My first message had no open ended questions, just a quick message to let him know who I was and how I found him. I didn't think he would reply, but one day later he replied, and he was the one who actually asked me two opened ended questions. I replied and asked him some more questions, but he hasn't responded even though he's been active online.

At this point, I figure he is not interested, so I'm moving on. At least I tried. Who was I kidding? He could probably get any girl he wants, which is why I was surprised to find him on OLD at all. I wouldn't had bothered if I didn't think he was somewhat attracted to me based on how he looked at me at the gym. I won't feel embarrassed if I run into him in person because I only asked him questions about the neighborhood, how he liked it, etc., and he decided not to reply back. He probably made a FB post mocking me already. Oh well.

Maybe 2016 will be a better year for relationships. It was nice to dream a little bit, but back to reality now.
What the heck makes a message "quick"? I bet you agonized over what to write for ages, then agonized waiting for a reply.
Desperation is icky. Guys pick it up like a bloodhound; they like it when they smell it cuz it means the gal will put out fast, and with little expenditure on their part.

Why is a guy that hot on OLD? You really are kind of naive, OP.
IT's EASY to get chicks from OLD, that's why. Guys like easy. Hot guys who are used to getting gals without effort especially like easy.
Low effort, big return, that's one reason.

Other reason, less common, real life example: my son in law was on there, my daughter met him that way. He is one of the type you describe herein: buff, gorgeous, he is from Hungary and has European flair, dresses to kill and perfect, chiseled features. My daughter was like, Oh God, he probably has like 10 girls lined up...girls flinging themselves at him daily....yes I agreed, you'll just be another notch....

Well he is THE MOST socially awkward, asexual weirdo, has very low sex drive, zero "skillz" with women, almost no emotions, very flat affect, wimpy as heellll, complains about things that make him seem girly, IS kinda girly, I could go on but this is getting long.

I thought he might be gay, but no, he is asexual. My daughter married him anyhow and they snipe at each other constantly and are not happy, but he is so effed up he'll never leave her and is attached in a weird childish way. Kinda gross to witness.

So THAT explained why such a stunner was on there, and why he latched on to my daughter who is pretty but no big deal and is mean to her s/os.

My unsolicited advice from a former hot chick (now a hag but still), PLAY IN YOUR LEAGUE and be realistic about what YOU can attract, about what the guy in your sights can attract; a guy of that caliber would not choose you, why would he when he could get so much better?

I used to laugh (I'm a coldhearted type) at guys who would try to get my attention, who were so far below my "league,", conversely, I didn't try to get the attention of guys way above my "league", I met plenty too hot/educated/amazing for what I had to offer, drooled from afar but stayed realistic and in a few cases later met their s/os, yep I was chopped liver by comparison, BE REALISTIC is the best thing a gal can be, when dating.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 12-04-2015 at 05:14 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 06:06 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Desperation is icky. Guys pick it up like a bloodhound; they like it when they smell it cuz it means the gal will put out fast, and with little expenditure on their part.

shuuu

Old 12-04-2015, 06:25 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Ha this OP poor dear is as clueless as a 13y/o it appears.
Sitting duck for the type of guy she's drooling over, if he was having a slow week.

These kind of silly gals kill me. I've known aplenty. Always hurt and man-hating because their own idiocy and unrealistic beliefs got them played.

Does OP really think this God of the Gym is obsessing over her as she is on him? Posting threads on the "hot MILF I just can't stop thinking about"? Does she really think he isn't pursuing way younger, hotter and childless gals, has forgotten who she even is, and "that look" he gave her was just the look ANY guy gives ANY gal who isn't morbidly obese?

O God, women make me embarrassed to be one

Old 12-04-2015, 07:42 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Ha this OP poor dear is as clueless as a 13y/o it appears.
Sitting duck for the type of guy she's drooling over, if he was having a slow week.

These kind of silly gals kill me. I've known aplenty. Always hurt and man-hating because their own idiocy and unrealistic beliefs got them played.

Does OP really think this God of the Gym is obsessing over her as she is on him? Posting threads on the "hot MILF I just can't stop thinking about"? Does she really think he isn't pursuing way younger, hotter and childless gals, has forgotten who she even is, and "that look" he gave her was just the look ANY guy gives ANY gal who isn't morbidly obese?

O God, women make me embarrassed to be one
And then there are those that are full of themselves, such as yourself. You've repeated more than enough of how hot you once were. I appreciated some of your advice. Thank you very much.

Quote:
I used to laugh (I'm a coldhearted type) at guys who would try to get my attention, who were so far below my "league,", ...
Self explanatory.

Last edited by AhRainess; 12-04-2015 at 07:56 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So you determined he was not a nice person, and then proceeded to try and see if you could get a date?

I was hoping I'd be wrong about him. Anyway, I'm glad I tried because now the obsession has dwindled down.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:20 AM

I don't see anything wrong with wanting someone out of my league, and going for it. I believe in "no risk, no reward." Besides, I only thought he was out of my league because of age and that I have a child, and he can get someone younger and childless.

My first BF, I thought he was out of my league. My own brother even made fun of me and said he would "kill himself" if that guy went for me. Yes, cruel. But you know what? He did go for me and he became my first love. You just don't know unless you try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships