Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 04:22 PM

269 posts, read 178,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob 42 View Post
Basically she's the one who calls the shots and makes the most decisions. Friends of mine have said I shouldn't let a woman wear the pants, as weird as it sounds though, I like it. I don't know why but I do. Is that weird?
A lot of men these days just accept not wearing the pants in a relationship because they don't like being single. In western society, there are only so many woman that will take a traditional role. We live in a society that empowers women and emasculates men, so it should be no surprise that we have lot of men that simply don't know how to be a man anymore.

A guy now days can be replaced by one of his woman's "guy friends" so fast it will make his head spin if he stops kissing her butt or showering her with attention. I see this with the younger men I work with. I'm so glad I'm married and not playing the dating game these days. Between all the feminism that's crammed down our throats and social networking, I couldn't even imagine dating these days. My wife say's she can't believe how any decent man could tolerate most the younger women she works with. She says all they do is complain about EVERYTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 04:51 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
It is weird in context of those who feel the man should always lead.
For others, it's obviously not much of an issue at all because they do not share these more "traditional" values.

Realistically, you should both have your pants on and be making choices together and not settle for either of those two extremes

Old 11-27-2015, 06:47 AM

194 posts, read 143,377 times
Okay, I know this is off topic but, I LMAO at my girlfriend wearing a turkey suit yesterday. So ridiculous. Sorry.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:51 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Quote:
Basically she's the one who calls the shots and makes the most decisions. Friends of mine have said I shouldn't let a woman wear the pants, as weird as it sounds though, I like it. I don't know why but I do. Is that weird?
Personally I'm the opposite of passive and when I see a couple like you two it makes my skin crawl, but what's important is what works for you, not me. As long as both of you are happy and you don't become passive-aggressive about it...

Old 11-27-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
The problem with letting your spouse or SO "wear the pants" is that you may come to resent them or they resent you at a future point in time. You may get "why do I have to do everything" or "why don't you ever do something". You might also disagree with their decisions and cause a future problem. Its easier now to let them do everything but you are building things up for a potential future disagreement.
...and this is exactly what I mean when I talked about becoming passive agressive...

Some women think they want a milquetoast because they're easy to lead, but at some point they get tired of having to lead him on a leash all the time and they become resentful.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:08 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post

Some women think they want a milquetoast because they're easy to lead, but at some point they get tired of having to lead him on a leash all the time and they become resentful.
It boils down to communication, as it does in any relationship.

Having resentments and being passive-aggressive is basically the result of lack of communication and not being on the same page with one's partner.

What are the expectations in the relationship? What role does each party want to (and expect to) fulfill within it? Is each party willing to open their mouth when they feel something "isn't right"? All of these questions apply to any relationship, whether "egalitarian", male-led or female-led.

Having an authority-based relationship is really no different, fundamentally, than having any other sort of relationship in that honest communication is an absolute key.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:38 AM

194 posts, read 143,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Personally I'm the opposite of passive and when I see a couple like you two it makes my skin crawl, but what's important is what works for you, not me. As long as both of you are happy and you don't become passive-aggressive about it...
I'm not really the leader type, I admit.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Really? Women have been in power for thousands of years, its something you can find in history books.
Really? That's news to me and I'm a History major.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:03 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
A lot of men these days just accept not wearing the pants in a relationship because they don't like being single. In western society, there are only so many woman that will take a traditional role. We live in a society that empowers women and emasculates men, so it should be no surprise that we have lot of men that simply don't know how to be a man anymore.

A guy now days can be replaced by one of his woman's "guy friends" so fast it will make his head spin if he stops kissing her butt or showering her with attention. I see this with the younger men I work with. I'm so glad I'm married and not playing the dating game these days. Between all the feminism that's crammed down our throats and social networking, I couldn't even imagine dating these days. My wife say's she can't believe how any decent man could tolerate most the younger women she works with. She says all they do is complain about EVERYTHING.
You mad, bro? You're married. Be happy. And btw, when I was in HS and had summer jobs in an office full of young married women, they all complained about everything, too. I never understood why they complained about their husbands, just silly stuff. But that was a different generation, which goes to show that some women have always done that. It's nothing about "today" or feminism.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
There's a fine line from say being on a tight leash ( which you make it sound mate lol )

But I look at a strong woman that " takes charge " and is quite decisive as unbelievable sexy I must admit, plus with that sort of a lady on a mans side it can make a man feel invincible

I had that with the ex ( of sorts ) we would argue and clash quite often as are both opinionated LOL but she was a very good woman and in the end my finances were in order, my health/fitness was perfect, and amongst other things I've never been happier so.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships