Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 03:41 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy90 View Post
Why would anyone think that? :P
wouldnt mind if they thought at least 11 but 10........ Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 05:04 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy90 View Post
She is in her 20s. And what does age have to do with this thread?
It's a maturity thing.

I thought she was really young as well...most people who ask questions like these are either in their teens or VERY EARLY 20s.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:35 PM

99 posts, read 129,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It's a maturity thing.

I thought she was really young as well...most people who ask questions like these are either in their teens or VERY EARLY 20s.
LOL you need to relax. I asked this because I was reading the other thread and the thought came up.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
LOL you need to relax. I asked this because I was reading the other thread and the thought came up.
That wasn't a "shot" at you I was just being honest. I didn't say there was anything wrong with your post or your question. Just stated that I thought you were very young. Not a bad thing.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
The reason I bring it up, is because people make such a big deal about herpes from sex, but give herpes from kissing almost no thought.

Kind of ironic how many people are horrified that they might get herpes from unprotected sex when they are kissing people they barely know so readily. More people have mouth herpes than people have it in their genital area.
True simplex1 though is not always transmitted sexually. Simplex 2 is more to be worried about.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:27 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
If there is other type of real affection going on like cuddling and the like, I'm all good with waiting 8 or so dates for a kiss. I'd want the lady to feel comfortable.

But if no real display of affection is happening at all after 8 or so, than it's time to move on.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
If there is other type of real affection going on like cuddling and the like, I'm all good with waiting 8 or so dates for a kiss. I'd want the lady to feel comfortable.

But if no real display of affection is happening at all after 8 or so, than it's time to move on.
Means one of you bats for the other team.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:46 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Means one of you bats for the other team.
I've come across a couple women who are extremely conservative when it comes to showing affection and/or anything sexual. I think it has to do more with one's upbringing and philosophical ideology.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I've come across a couple women who are extremely conservative when it comes to showing affection and/or anything sexual. I think it has to do more with one's upbringing and philosophical ideology.
Yeah bible bangers hide it well.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:22 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,883,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Must cut down your dating pool a lot!

I must point out this is a terrible way to handle things. Like another poster mentioned lot of guys may feel all that but not take action on the first date. Perfectly normal, in my most recent 2 dates one I knew I could kiss on the first date but choose not to, I wanted to build the tension. The last date the girl made the move on me as our night was ending.
I am not talking about some hard, inflexible "rule" that I would impose across the board. The purpose of a first date is to get to know each other a bit, see if you have a baseline level of compatibility, and assess attraction. If mutual attraction is there, we are going to want to kiss. If the attraction is not there, obviously the dating isn't going to go anywhere. If the attraction *is* there but the other person refuses to kiss because they want to play games by "build[ing] tension" or because they think the act of touching our lips together would make the baby Jesus cry or because they are so socially paralyzed that normal interactions leave them petrified...well, that just means the compatibility isn't there. I wouldn't automatically refuse a second date because there was no kiss on the first date, but there would have to be some sort of extenuating circumstance that would cause it to make sense.

As an aside: I can only think of a few no-kiss first dates from my own history. One was my very first date ever at age 19 (I had no desire to date any of the boys in my small-town HS), and I did see him again--and kiss him on the second date. Then there were a couple of people where there was just no chemistry, and obviously there would be no second date regardless of kiss/no kiss. So no, I wouldn't say this "cut down my dating pool a lot" other than eliminating the incompatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships