Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 09:45 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Sadly, there are women and men who want attention and use people to have this need met. She sounds like she enjoyed the feeling that you wanted her, but did not return the feeling. It was wrong of her to lead you on, but it happens all of the time. Forget her and look for someone better.
This^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,401 times
Hello ,
I think there is some misunderstanding. you pretend her friendly nature as a flirting, that's why you think she ditch you. But, this is not true. she always treat you as a friend. so don't think she is evil. please try to understand him

Old 11-28-2015, 10:49 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrydavid View Post
Hello ,
I think there is some misunderstanding. you pretend her friendly nature as a flirting, that's why you think she ditch you. But, this is not true. she always treat you as a friend. so don't think she is evil. please try to understand him
I think the word evil might be wrong LOL

Old 11-28-2015, 10:57 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Women don't always know you like them unless you actually say it. You need to express your interest right from the beginning coz otherwise you are relegated to the friend zone. Once you are friends then anything she says is within the context of friendship. Maybe you misinterpreted her friendly behaviour as flirting?
What I don't get about this case is that apparently she actually said she would date him. Why would she say that if she didn't mean it? Sometimes you can chalk this kind of thing up to people being polite, or being friendly, or whatever. But to go so far as to say she'd date him? Totally sending the wrong signal, if she didn't mean it. That seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Maybe it was just harmless flirting on her part? We've all said " oh well if only you were single " sort of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What I don't get about this case is that apparently she actually said she would date him. Why would she say that if she didn't mean it? Sometimes you can chalk this kind of thing up to people being polite, or being friendly, or whatever. But to go so far as to say she'd date him? Totally sending the wrong signal, if she didn't mean it. That seems like cruel and unusual punishment.
I'm nearly certain this is the case Ruth, I'm sure we've all used innuendos in jokingly flirting between friends?

If I am right I think the OP should have a look at himself in the mirror for taking things SO literally and to distinguish the differences between having a laugh and being serious.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:23 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I'm nearly certain this is the case Ruth, I'm sure we've all used innuendos in jokingly flirting between friends?
No, we all haven't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30;
If I am right I think the OP should have a look at himself in the mirror for taking things SO literally and to distinguish the differences between having a laugh and being serious.
He liked her. He's probably been alone for awhile, feeling a little lonely, was hoping something would work out with her, and took her signals verbatim, seeing as how he was attracted to her, and all. IDK, it seems like a mistake anyone could make, if they were seriously looking for a gf and felt he'd hit it off with someone in a few casual convos.

I don't see the OP as one of our typical whiny guys. He's just asking us, "What the heck happened here"? But I think you probably have the most realistic take on it.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
No, we all haven't.
He liked her. He's probably been alone for awhile, feeling a little lonely, was hoping something would work out with her, and took her signals verbatim, seeing as how he was attracted to her, and all. IDK, it seems like a mistake anyone could make, if they were seriously looking for a gf and felt he'd hit it off with someone in a few casual convos.

I don't see the OP as one of our typical whiny guys. He's just asking us, "What the heck happened here"? But I think you probably have the most realistic take on it.
Absolutely Ruth

Old 11-28-2015, 11:57 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Vulnerability and Manipulative Women

Old 11-28-2015, 03:53 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
I'm interpreting the OP's post as the girl probably said "I wish I could meet someone like you to date". He then misinterpreted such a statement as she obviously wants to date me. I could be wrong of course. I agree that it might be perceived as sending mixed signals, but she probably was just having a chat with a friend & didn't think too much about what she was saying & how it may come across to the other person.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:11 AM

311 posts, read 292,555 times
Quote:
" he who hesitates........ " great point
...masturbates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships