Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:13 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,482 times

Advertisements

Why do some women let you give them all this attention, talk to you, flirt etc. but the minute you try to go any further like dating they reject you. I know a girl who knew I liked her and I would do things to let her know but not like beat her over the head with it. She even told how great I was and how compatible we were blah blah and she would date me. One day when I get the balls to ask her out I get rejected. Then some other guy can come out of the blue and ask her out and instantly she accepts. Wtf?

Now I don't think all women are evil who only go for d bags and I'm definitely not a nice guy who gets mad when a girl rejects you. Maybe she was more attracted to random guy? Ok cool fine whatever but why give me all the signals and pull out when I ask? Why not just say from the get go you want to be friends? Then I would just move on.

Ill be honest I'm not even really mad more like just feel like an idiot for thinking she would say yes and maybe a bruised ego. I'm kinda introverted/social awkward (not so much as I can't have a convo) as well so I get to know a girl before asking her out and even then it takes a huge effort on my part. Just feel like there's something wrong with me idk. Rant over.

P.S.-im not trying to feel sorry for myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 08:15 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Why do some women let you give them all this attention, talk to you, flirt etc. but the minute you try to go any further like dating they reject you. I know a girl who knew I liked her and I would do things to let her know but not like beat her over the head with it. She even told how great I was and how compatible we were blah blah and she would date me. One day when I get the balls to ask her out I get rejected. Then some other guy can come out of the blue and ask her out and instantly she accepts. Wtf? Now I don't think all women are evil who only go for d bags and I'm definitely not a nice guy who gets mad when a girl rejects you. Maybe she was more attracted to random guy? Ok cool fine whatever but why give me all the signals and pull out when I ask? Why not just say from the get go you want to be friends? Then I would just move on. Ill be honest I'm not even really mad more like just feel like an idiot for thinking she would say yes and maybe a bruised ego. I'm kinda introverted/social awkward (not so much as I can't have a convo) as well so I get to know a girl before asking her out and even then it takes a huge effort on my part. Just feel like there's something wrong with me idk. Rant over.

When you can rationally explain why some men do the same thing,, you will have the answer to your question.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
When you can rationally explain why some men do the same thing,, you will have the answer to your question.
I don't know maybe they like the attention until they get it from someone they perceive as "better ".

Old 11-25-2015, 08:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
I don't know maybe they like the attention until they get it from someone they perceive as "better ".

I do not know either, I have never played the stupid life wasting games some humans play.
Never had the desire, time or patience to put up with the trivial immature poo spewing so I just walked away and never looked back.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:29 PM

906 posts, read 712,245 times
Haha, this is classic. Rule of thumb, never befriend a girl you're interested in. This is why I keep very few women friends. I figure we can be friends once I am married..but before? Nope. What's worse is, now that she's passed on you...none of her friends will be interested either. Remember, when you date a girl...you're dating her whole social group.

When a girl says "We can be friends" just drop her from your life immediately. Tell her you already have enough friends and you're not interested in making any more.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:29 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
Why do some women let you give them all this attention, talk to you, flirt etc. but the minute you try to go any further like dating they reject you. I know a girl who knew I liked her and I would do things to let her know but not like beat her over the head with it. She even told how great I was and how compatible we were blah blah and she would date me. One day when I get the balls to ask her out I get rejected. Then some other guy can come out of the blue and ask her out and instantly she accepts. Wtf?

Now I don't think all women are evil who only go for d bags and I'm definitely not a nice guy who gets mad when a girl rejects you. Maybe she was more attracted to random guy? Ok cool fine whatever but why give me all the signals and pull out when I ask? Why not just say from the get go you want to be friends? Then I would just move on.

Ill be honest I'm not even really mad more like just feel like an idiot for thinking she would say yes and maybe a bruised ego. I'm kinda introverted/social awkward (not so much as I can't have a convo) as well so I get to know a girl before asking her out and even then it takes a huge effort on my part. Just feel like there's something wrong with me idk. Rant over.

Women don't always know you like them unless you actually say it. You need to express your interest right from the beginning coz otherwise you are relegated to the friend zone. Once you are friends then anything she says is within the context of friendship. Maybe you misinterpreted her friendly behaviour as flirting?

Old 11-25-2015, 08:31 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:

How does she know that ISN'T what you want, unless you specify otherwise? People flirt all the time (if she was really flirting - you really don't know that). It doesn't mean a thing unless you step up and ask for more.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:21 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
How does she know that ISN'T what you want, unless you specify otherwise? People flirt all the time (if she was really flirting - you really don't know that). It doesn't mean a thing unless you step up and ask for more.
Please. After those first three seconds, OP was relegated to "friends" status.

Don't pretend like most men get to call that shot. OTOH, if OP was considering dropping down on a knee and whipping out a ring, then you are probably asking the right questions.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:05 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Sometimes it really is as simple as timing... Her timing! You say she was flirting & giving you all these signs, but should it really have to take that long? ( and how long was that? ) Sounds like maybe she wanted a guy to be a bit more direct and act a little quicker. As others have said, we often don't know how or what a guy is feeling until he actually says it.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Haha, this is classic. Rule of thumb, never befriend a girl you're interested in. This is why I keep very few women friends. I figure we can be friends once I am married..but before? Nope. What's worse is, now that she's passed on you...none of her friends will be interested either. Remember, when you date a girl...you're dating her whole social group.

When a girl says "We can be friends" just drop her from your life immediately. Tell her you already have enough friends and you're not interested in making any more.
I never try to stay friends with a girl I'm interested in it just doesn't work for me so I agree with you on that. The funny thing is she never considered me a friend (I asked her) she said she "wasn't sure what I was to her". I will say she is slightly out of my league but she never acted like it and our mutual friends always said our chemistry was ridiculous. I honestly don't even know how we met it just happened. Also, she's very very distrusting of people and would seem hard and mean until you get to know her (she claims she has "no heart" lies..).

Why would her friends write me off. Is there some code?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships