Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 01:47 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times

Advertisements

Some of you are analyzing this a bit too much. lol I don't care if this woman wears a size 10, 4, 0 or whatever. Her thighs and legs look thick to me on that sofa photo regardless. She has meat on her bones for sure. Some find it attractive, some don't. No big deal. I don't think she needs to lose weight, but that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 01:48 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
Not sure where you all are looking, but very few women on OLD are attractive like the one in the OP. I've read some even more meaner comments (than here) about her, mostly regarding her looks, and most of them are from other women. Wow. It think she offered some good advice, but some quickly disregarded her advice, and started bashing her looks instead.
I think she offered great advice about photos. She included shots of her face, full body, and different outfits and scenes. Her profile pictures aren't overly artful or contrived, and they avoid the usual complaints about being blurry, oddly angled, duckface, face-obscuring, crowded with people, etc. She's voluptuous, but her pictures don't do that shot from above that is all face and cleavage, and surprise! You find out later she is on the chunky side. The pic of her sitting on the couch shows just what her legs and butt look like ... no surprises. You see her dressed up but with tattoos showing ... no surprises. You see her in a hockey jersey and hiking ... hey, she seems like the sporty type. I think her advice is pretty good.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:13 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think she offered great advice about photos. She included shots of her face, full body, and different outfits and scenes. Her profile pictures aren't overly artful or contrived, and they avoid the usual complaints about being blurry, oddly angled, duckface, face-obscuring, crowded with people, etc. She's voluptuous, but her pictures don't do that shot from above that is all face and cleavage, and surprise! You find out later she is on the chunky side. The pic of her sitting on the couch shows just what her legs and butt look like ... no surprises. You see her dressed up but with tattoos showing ... no surprises. You see her in a hockey jersey and hiking ... hey, she seems like the sporty type. I think her advice is pretty good.
Kudos, I think this is the first post in the thread that addresses the topic. These seem like good advices, and I've never done on line dating, but even I think she looks interesting from her pics.

Truly bizarre that this immediately devolved into a hot or not argument.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:50 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Oh, she's overweight all right, by about 15, maybe 20 pounds. Depends on how much muscle tone she has in her legs and butt, which doesn't look like much. That doesn't make her ugly, though.
This is true, but just like the poster said a couple posts above, her advice on how to set up a dating profile is fantastic. The different pics, in different outfits, doing different things, at differing angles really lets potential dates know exactly what they will be getting. No blurry photos and the worst of all, no photos with other people. And would you look at that, a chunky gal is the most popular on OKCupid. All from her being smart with her profile (and having a really cute face) despite all the tats.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:45 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Some of you are analyzing this a bit too much. lol I don't care if this woman wears a size 10, 4, 0 or whatever. Her thighs and legs look thick to me on that sofa photo regardless. She has meat on her bones for sure. Some find it attractive, some don't. No big deal. I don't think she needs to lose weight, but that's just my opinion.

She has her legs crossed. If she has any muscle on those thighs whatsoever they'll look thicker when crossed. That's unavoidable for every single person.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:07 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
She has her legs crossed. If she has any muscle on those thighs whatsoever they'll look thicker when crossed. That's unavoidable for every single person.
Ok, the point is that her legs aren't skinny. There are women out there with skinny legs and she isn't one of them.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:19 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Kudos, I think this is the first post in the thread that addresses the topic. These seem like good advices, and I've never done on line dating, but even I think she looks interesting from her pics.

Truly bizarre that this immediately devolved into a hot or not argument.
Ditto. Her whole objective was to give people ideas for their own pictures, not to critique her appearance.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Ok, the point is that her legs aren't skinny. There are women out there with skinny legs and she isn't one of them.

Right. And those women with real thin legs almost always have super thin bodies with ribs showing. They look nice in clothes, but then look horrible out of them almost always. And most men don't choose those types of women, they're women other women seem to admire or like from fashion BS nonsense. Skinny usually isn't desired naked.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:24 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
X1000000. You know exactly what you are getting up front. So, if someone is not attracted to her, they can keep on moving without guessing.

I met my wife on OLD, and had a lot of success meeting women online, and I was certainly not the hottest guy out there.

I did it the same way... I used good photos that showed ME... Not just the face up, but, standing, doing something, etc. When I wrote my profile.. I didn't put a large list of "this is what I don't want".. I put an extremely accurate portrayal of myself, a bit self deprecating actually.. staying away from the cliched "I can dress up or dress down" types of drivel you see. It would be a bit funny ( I would change it up, one time I put one that was called "76 Reasons Why I Am The Best Catch on POF, and yes, it listed them) I would put bad things as well, such as the crazy schedule I was working at the time, or that I was a bit of a homebody. I would mention that I didn't have a set physical type, that I preferred short and busty with dark hair, but had dated across the entire spectrum and was open to just about anything so try me, but, I hated to be surprised, so, please be honest before we meet. I would mention that I was looking for someone I was attracted to, but, more importantly, was a good person who could go with the flow, loved to laugh, and enjoyed to travel. A huge turnoff for me was to meet someone, and they had only the "myspace" type picture and then would show up looking nothing like that. That told me right away that they weren't even honest with what they looked like, so, what else are they hiding?

I can not tell you how many responses, as a guy, I would get from women.. even ones that would say something like "You aren't my type, but, I just wanted to say that was the best ad I have ever read, good luck."

So, long story short.. How she did it.. Is how everyone should do it if you want to up your chances.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I can not tell you how many responses, as a guy, I would get from women.. even ones that would say something like "You aren't my type, but, I just wanted to say that was the best ad I have ever read, good luck."

Bravo. I'm super average, at best, and I've gotten many similar messages (not best, but usually ones saying like "it was a breath of fresh air" or "XYZ made me chuckle" over the years). Having a well written profiles that paints who you are and what you're about it critical. Some mocking of cliches never seemed to hurt.

I have and have had pretty bad pics, I must admit. I'm not at all photogenic and hate having my pic taken. Still, you can make it work and when you present better in person, all the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships