Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:08 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy_rox2 View Post
Oh my word.

This lady is not leaving this man. If she were serious abt her own well being, she would have done it already. How did the lady grow up? I am inclined to think it was not in a healthy household... yes, young people make relationship mistakes all the time, but to marry the mistake and/or stay with the mistake takes it to a new level.
You know what I think? I think this lady is not going to take any of our advice, or leave her husband.
She had a bad moment and she vented, but in overall she is content with her life. She is content with her lazy butt husband, she is content with the fact that he doesn't work, just ask her for money, she is not concerned a bit about his behavior, his tantrums, his expectations, his wants. She is playing down events that would alert any of us. She is somehow scared, but thinks: "I'm safe...violence is not an issue as long as I hand over money and don't make too much of a stink about it."
She seldom says NO to him...
She LOVES him - obviously unconditionally!
They BOTH enjoy 420 activities, they BOTH enjoy bars, drunks, and even when a "drunk lady danced on his lap" she was not really upset, otherwise she would react right there, right then, not back at home sharing her thoughts with a forum audience. Thankfully she doesn't want kids!
She wants this loser in her life. Maybe that makes her "feel" superior?
However, she didn't realized that she doesn't have upper hand in this relationship. In a contrary - her husband has her exactly where he wants her to be - on a very short leash. He is very much in control of the situation, and he dictates the rules. It's a matter of time when those rules became unbearable for her, but then it will be too late...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 06:39 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I deserve everything this world has to offer. I'm a go-getter who works really hard to be successful.

I screwed up in a big, big way and don't know how to fix it.

I'm terrified.
Move out taking all your stuff... file for a divorce and if he damages anything call the cops. Better to leave and have some damaged things than to live with that crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships