Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
Earlier this year, a guy I was talking and to and really liked upset me, so I deleted his phone number and blocked him on Facebook. Well I would say about a couple of months ago, I went ahead and unblocked him. The main reason I unblocked him was he really did nothing to cause me to block him per se, like being volatile, for example (that would have me block a person permanently) He just did not follow through on something he said he was going to do, which is something I really dislike. Anyways, back to the situation, a few months before I unblocked him however, I see that he has added me on Google+, ,something I barely use, but had me wondering why is he adding me in another social based network for when he has my number and he could call if he really wanted to talk, but really at the point was still upset at him and didn't care. So I blocked him on Google+ too and moved on.

Well as I have said earlier, I had a change of heart and unblocked him a couple of months ago to see if he was alright, and his posts indicated so. Well last month sometime, it said he like a post of mine, or at least I thought it said he did, so I clicked on my notifications, but it was no longer there, so I was like "okay" maybe I'm hallucinating. So I disregarded it. Well this morning I woke up and saw he liked several of my posts (now mind you he is not on my friends list. I just unblocked him). My question to you all is do you think he has been looking for me this whole time until I unblocked him? Do I have a stalker or should I be flattered that I'm still on his mind? Would you send him a message if you were me? Don't laugh at me. I'm for real. I've never seen anything like this before. I just want you all's take on this. Thanks!
Seems like you know very well already that people won't take you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 09:03 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
I didn't friend him again or anything. I just gave a rundown of what happened and asked a question. Nothing else.
You block someone it automatically unfriends that person. You can unsubscribe from someone and their posts won't show up in your feed. You can even cull out those who won't see your posts. You can even unfriend someone and they'll see your public posts.

Why he "liked" your posts means nothing in the grand scheme of the universe.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:03 AM

583 posts, read 712,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Seems like you know very well already that people won't take you seriously.
figures.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:04 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Cinna, just to make you feel better, I'll tell you my similar story. I'm 48. I had a longtime, on and off sex relationship with a guy, and about a year and a half ago, he kidnapped me, as in I did get in his car, but he kept driving even though I said no no no stop. So luckily, after jumping out of his car and running for help to get back home (15 miles away), I did not hear from him again. I hoped to never hear from him again. But part of me also felt that I forgave him for what he did, and if I ever did run into him again, there would be no ill will. Well, I went to visit my old workplace and there he was.

So, almost immediately, he hits me up on Facebook, where we were never friends, because I was his dirty little secret. He sends me pictures of myself from Facebook. He only messages me on there, not by text. I have interacted with him. I have looked at his Facebook page. We are basically stalking each other, lol. He has never liked anything of mine, as that would let people know he knows me. Grrrrr. So, in our case, he's not a stalker, just a person who is lonely and still thinking of me and looking me up. Oh, and a couple times he did block me, for some weird reason, but then unblocked me again, almost as if he was changing his mind back and forth about coming back into my life.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:10 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Earlier this year, a guy I was talking and to and really liked upset me, so I deleted his phone number and blocked him on Facebook. Well I would say about a couple of months ago, I went ahead and unblocked him. The main reason I unblocked him was he really did nothing to cause me to block him per se, like being volatile, for example (that would have me block a person permanently) He just did not follow through on something he said he was going to do, which is something I really dislike. Anyways, back to the situation, a few months before I unblocked him however, I see that he has added me on Google+, ,something I barely use, but had me wondering why is he adding me in another social based network for when he has my number and he could call if he really wanted to talk, but really at the point was still upset at him and didn't care. So I blocked him on Google+ too and moved on.

Well as I have said earlier, I had a change of heart and unblocked him a couple of months ago to see if he was alright, and his posts indicated so. Well last month sometime, it said he like a post of mine, or at least I thought it said he did, so I clicked on my notifications, but it was no longer there, so I was like "okay" maybe I'm hallucinating. So I disregarded it. Well this morning I woke up and saw he liked several of my posts (now mind you he is not on my friends list. I just unblocked him). My question to you all is do you think he has been looking for me this whole time until I unblocked him? Do I have a stalker or should I be flattered that I'm still on his mind? Would you send him a message if you were me? Don't laugh at me. I'm for real. I've never seen anything like this before. I just want you all's take on this. Thanks!
How can he like your posts if he's not a friend? Are you posting all your content publicly? If so, why?

Old 12-03-2015, 11:40 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How can he like your posts if he's not a friend? Are you posting all your content publicly? If so, why?
to receive more attention of course. That's what REAL fakebook people do.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:05 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
If you're so concerned about him, then hit him up. Pretend nothing happened. If you don't like him, then who cares what he's liking.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
to receive more attention of course. That's what REAL fakebook people do.
You sound very bitter... but I'm going to give you a pass and chalk it up to maybe it's you who needs an attitude adjustment and ignore your further statements for they have no value for real.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
If you're so concerned about him, then hit him up. Pretend nothing happened. If you don't like him, then who cares what he's liking.
Too late, he has sent me a message first, saying that he was hoping that I unblocked him and glad that I did because he really wanted to talk and tell me why things went the way they went, but thanks anyway.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:48 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I'm sorry to say this but even when I was very young, someone blocking to make a point instantly reduced the person in my eyes. Or hearing about someone doing this to someone else. I had this happen just once but in the days before Facebook. I was 22. I broke up with my boyfriend. I moved on but one day he called me at work and left a message. I tried to call him back and got a message that I was blocked. WTH? I mean he was the one who called me and BTW, I never did anything untoward or block-worthy. I just shrugged and didn't think about it again. Certainly I didn't attempt again to return his call.

So some time after that he called me again, got me this time instead of VM and asked why I never called him back. I said, "I did, you had me blocked." He giggled and told me "Oh yeah, but now I'm not mad at you anymore." Even at 22 I thought these actions were nuts and juvenile. I told him I was glad all was well with him and please do not call anymore.

This kind of silliness just looks bad. Really bad. Please don't humiliate yourself, just forget about any of this and don't read into Likes, of all things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships