Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 08:50 AM

769 posts, read 829,838 times

Advertisements

OP, how old are you? And what is your approximate weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 09:04 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
It affects your attitude, how comfortable are you with your body, I would take it off.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 AM

649 posts, read 570,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
Ridiculous...

These are 2 grown adults, not a couple of 12 year olds playing doctor and trying to get a first feel of boob over the shirt.

I would not have put up with this complete nonsense AT ALL
He's been doing it with shorts on for a while so he can deal with feeling a boob over a nightie for a few weeks. Her need to feel comfortable trumps his need to feel boobies. Besides he can reach under her top, it's not that difficult.

Even grown adults have body hangups. It's not that uncommon especially after having two babies. Telling OP to get over it and get naked is nonsense. Sex is supposed to be enjoyable for both partners and if she's feeling insecure she's not having a good time.

I stand by what I said, whats the harm in taking things a little slow? I'm not talking years, I'm talking a few weeks, maybe a month. He obviously loves her so I'm sure he would be willing to work with her until she feels comfortable enough to be completely naked. The goal is for both people to be happy and if he can be patient a little longer hopefully she'll get to the point where she wants to be naked.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:39 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Something I've learned from dating, from the scene I'm in (just saying lots of people speaking very frankly about their sexuality)... A LOT of the time, what the media tells women is the definition of sexy, is NOT what men think is the definition of sexy. It's geared to make you feel imperfect and inadequate so that you will BUY PRODUCTS to try and make yourself into this nonsense ideal that they're pushing.

I get that you've got body issues. I do too, but they are dwindling now. Your husband sincerely sees you as beautiful. Your "flaws" aren't flaws. They are part of you, and part of the history of your love and family and marriage. I bet he sincerely is attracted to the whole you, "flaws" and all. I think that what is needed here isn't for you to get over your hangup, or to learn to cope with nudity for his sake...you have to reclaim your sex appeal. That's gonna be a bit of a process. I might encourage you and him to get some sexy clothing and lingerie for you. As part of the stages of getting comfortable with baring your body, instead of some t-shirt and shorts, check out lacey nighties, stockings, teddies, even corsets and cinchers. They have underbust corsets that would only cover your belly and nothing else.

But as others have said, yes, wearing "clothes" in bed, by and large, IS unreasonable. And skin on skin contact is very important to bonding, seriously, there are hormones that have to do with feeling close and connected that are released with skin on skin contact, you and he need that.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:49 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,614 times
I don't usually say this, or, I NEVER say this, but OP:

Submit to your husband. This is YOUR problem, not his. Do not punish him for your issues, especially because he sounds like such a swell dude who wants to have sex with his wife! Jeebus! And I truly mean it - do it even if you prefer not to, choose to please him, not yourself in this regard.

I hope you get over it eventually for your sake. I had a touch of that for awhile, I would only have sex with my bra on because I have enormous heavy breasts I found hideous but eventually got over it and let them flop all over the place as needed and I don't care. It is my sexuality too, we don't exist solely to please another. You are denying yourself pleasure OP, that isn't right.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
I agree that you can work through this together. Sleep naked, lots of skin touching and not only sexual. Skin on skin IS good for you both. Wear a soft little nightie with nothing underneath for a bit when you are intimate, unless it's during bedtime when you are already naked. Your husband loves you, and I promise you are being far more critical than he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post

Submit to your husband. This is YOUR problem, not his. Do not punish him for your issues, especially because he sounds like such a swell dude who wants to have sex with his wife! Jeebus! And I truly mean it - do it even if you prefer not to, choose to please him, not yourself in this regard.

I hope you get over it eventually for your sake. I had a touch of that for awhile, I would only have sex with my bra on because I have enormous heavy breasts I found hideous but eventually got over it and let them flop all over the place as needed and I don't care. It is my sexuality too, we don't exist solely to please another. You are denying yourself pleasure OP, that isn't right.
Yes, Jesus wants you to have sex you don't enjoy. Thanks for usually not saying it.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:11 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
This thread reminds me of this song.

http://youtu.be/HWZisnZ-RGE

Old 12-04-2015, 10:35 AM

649 posts, read 570,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post

You just completely contradicted yourself. On one hand you say submit but on the other hand you say we don't solely exist to please one another. Isn't doing something you're not comfortable doing the exact opposite of doing something for yourself?

Something has got to change that's obvious but OP needs to get naked because she wants to not just to make her husband happy. I wouldn't want my husband to do anything he's not comfortable doing and he feels the same. How enjoyable is sex going to be for either one if she's feeling embarrassed? She needs to work on feeling better about her body but not just for him but for herself.

Of course his needs matter but so does hers. Personally, I don't submit to anyone. I want to make my husband happy but not at the cost of my dignity. If we have a problem we work on it together.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:36 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Many men are wrinkle, stretchmark, etc. blind when it comes to a person he loves. You could ask him, but I will wager that seeing you naked creates more emotional and psychical intimacy for him. He does know how you look.

Perhaps you could try to become as comfortable with your body as he is with yours.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:44 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace822 View Post
@clubsfan20 no reason to be rude, just came on here to ask for advice. I know many women have body image issues, it's not 'complete nonsense' it's a real issue that has been hard for me to deal with for some time now.
OP: if it helps, even women with the best bodies have insecurities and be very critical of their own self; far from being nonsense, it's just what we as women do. Especially after having babies. It takes time to get that confidence back, but you have to work at it. You can find lingerie that's is a bit more forgiving, and seeing his eyes bug out will help boost your confidence and want to show more skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships