Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times

Advertisements

It certainly helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 11:00 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
I've noticed that whenever I go on diets and resume going to the gym regularly, my wife seems more interested in sex. I'm not sure why.

All I can surmise is this:

- Working on your body makes you more attractive to the opposite sex
- Women might presume the guy has more stamina
- There could be an evolutionary link: Women know that working out translates to a better body, and a better body leads to more attention from other women. Maybe the increased sex is his partner's way of saying "don't pay attention to anyone else, you have everything you need right here."

Can anyone else relate?
No. I would assume that there's some change in your mood or general vibe that you're not aware of, and that she's reacting to. Working out is known to increase T levels, and to improve a sense of well-being.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:10 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
I've noticed that whenever I go on diets and resume going to the gym regularly, my wife seems more interested in sex. I'm not sure why.

- There could be an evolutionary link: Women know that working out translates to a better body, and a better body leads to more attention from other women. Maybe the increased sex is his partner's way of saying "don't pay attention to anyone else, you have everything you need right here."

Can anyone else relate?
You are surprised that your wife wants more sex when you are more in shape? shocker.

Are you overweight usually?

I have a coworker, he gains and loses 10-20 lbs every now and then and it makes a differenc of day and night on his appearance. He goes from hot to not!

Some people don't look much different with a little more or less weight but others look quite differently in their face.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:28 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,769,668 times
Only if they work out consistently. If they go to the gym today but haven't gone in months, no, that will not do anything for me.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:57 PM

1,381 posts, read 1,772,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, not exactly, the only relation I've had is when I exercise more, I feel better about my body and myself, and that translates into confidence, which does impact me getting it.
Great point

Old 12-04-2015, 01:15 PM

1,381 posts, read 1,772,556 times
Great points all around so far.

It's true that when I'm dieting/going to the gym consistently, I feel a lot more confident. I also give more importance to my overall appearance (cologne, clothing, etc.). I guess this is something the opposite sex picks up on. Not only do you look better physically, but you're projecting more confidence. I think the mere fact that you're putting in the effort to look more attractive makes you more attractive.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:22 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:

Can anyone else relate?
I think you answered your question to an extent.

There are a lot of things that go into why a woman wants to have sex with someone more after he works out. For one thing, you are showing that you care about yourself enough to actually take care of yourself.

There are plenty of other factors to it, but this is really a no-brainer.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:24 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I know this is what you don't want to hear, but exercise also increase brain power too, it's what I tell my kids and it's true. Your brain is the most important sex organ.
I definitely wanted to hear that. I definitely need memories.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:19 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I know this is what you don't want to hear, but exercise also increase brain power too, it's what I tell my kids and it's true. Your brain is the most important sex organ.
good lesson for the kids lol

I'd imagine working out routinely would be attractive to women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships