Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 06:48 AM

1,381 posts, read 1,772,904 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that whenever I go on diets and resume going to the gym regularly, my wife seems more interested in sex. I'm not sure why.

All I can surmise is this:

- Working on your body makes you more attractive to the opposite sex
- Women might presume the guy has more stamina
- There could be an evolutionary link: Women know that working out translates to a better body, and a better body leads to more attention from other women. Maybe the increased sex is his partner's way of saying "don't pay attention to anyone else, you have everything you need right here."

Can anyone else relate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 07:04 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
No, not exactly, the only relation I've had is when I exercise more, I feel better about my body and myself, and that translates into confidence, which does impact me getting it.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:25 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Yes

Old 12-04-2015, 07:40 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,185,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, not exactly, the only relation I've had is when I exercise more, I feel better about my body and myself, and that translates into confidence, which does impact me getting it.
In that vein yes, when I work out regularly I am happier, more fun to be around, and hornier...I'm sure partners pick up on that good stuff.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:05 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
I've noticed that whenever I go on diets and resume going to the gym regularly, my wife seems more interested in sex. I'm not sure why.

- There could be an evolutionary link: Women know that working out translates to a better body, and a better body leads to more attention from other women. Maybe the increased sex is his partner's way of saying "don't pay attention to anyone else, you have everything you need right here."

Can anyone else relate?
Yes.

Yes.

3-Yes.

Don't forget the pheromones

Old 12-04-2015, 08:11 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post

Can anyone else relate?
I think it most definitely makes you more attractive to the opposite sex, though I think it's a combination of looking/feeling better and having more confidence. I've found that the more I work out, the higher my sex drive. Speaking personally, when I started working out four to five times a week in my twenties and eating better, I was much more successful with women.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:38 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Yes. Exercise is known to increase sex drive. When I was working out regularly I did feel a lot better physically and sexually.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:54 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
I know this is what you don't want to hear, but exercise also increase brain power too, it's what I tell my kids and it's true. Your brain is the most important sex organ.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:46 AM

649 posts, read 569,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Perfectly said!

Old 12-04-2015, 10:52 AM

238 posts, read 222,672 times
As a guy, I find it sexy when women work out. I stay in good shape, so I value anybody who stays in shape too. There's something very sexy about watching a women sweat. Perhaps it's because I was into sports most of my life. Going back twenty years to when I was in high school. Coming out of the gym room after practice and seeing women going in and out, just gave me a buzz for some reason. Some of the female athletes were very sexy. It's not surprising if women would find a guy who sweats/ works out sexy.

Last edited by johnnyb1980; 12-04-2015 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships