Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 06:37 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You are mistaken, I fixed it in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
No, I'm not.
Gotta agree with anon here. Women here have said repeatedly that while they may enjoy a brief period of fun with younger men, they prefer them closer to their own age.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:44 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
I'm a guy over 30 and single= undesirable/defective/junk . I know, women wouldn't want to go dumpster diving for a guy like me. Lol

Old 12-11-2015, 06:50 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
No? I'm not?
Uh, yeah, you are.

You started a thread based on "blog posts and articles" that write off huge groups of women, then proceed to write this:

Quote:
The guys who are over 30, but ARE attractive are most likely single for a reason, which means they have issues.
At least acknowledge it.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:59 AM

930 posts, read 700,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm a guy over 30 and single= undesirable/defective/junk . I know, women wouldn't want to go dumpster diving for a guy like me. Lol
I'd grab a beer with you, cocunut.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I guess I fall under the "manwhore" category then!

Old 12-11-2015, 07:16 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
I'd grab a beer with you, cocunut.
I seem to remember he prefers Capri Sun (with or without vodka).

Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
No? I'm not? I'm sure because I wasted some time re-reading my post.

The question was about dating prospects, not wanting to settle and the realization that, after many other posters have stated, people who get picked over, are picked over for a reason. Except those, whose long term relationship didn't work out, spouse died etc.

Leftovers, especially men, who are single by a certain age, are so for a reason, i.e. committment phobes, ugly ducklings, manwhores, narcissisists, bipolars..etc
The average age at which people marry in the U.S. is 28, so if your line in the sand for men (or yourself) is 30, you are cutting it really, really close.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:54 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
Quote:
Maybe I should state, men who are over 30 and singlr, i.e. not coming out of an unlucky long term relationship. I just speak from my own experience and what I see around me. Like, the men with stable careers and a normal mindset are all in long-term relationships and married or at least planning to get married around their mid-thirties.

I've met quite some men over 30 who appeared to be a good catch, but later it always showed WHY their have been single. I really don't want to say that all single men over a certain age are defective, but the number of men who are desirable AND capable to form a relationship decreases significantly. Like I said, a lot of exceptions possible, but rare.

I'm glad that you got it all figured out. I'm forty and I am not getting married until June. So, I guess I'm a severe loser until then? But after June, I become normal? Even though, I've spent the last eight out of ten years with somebody. I just didn't get married. Didn't really want to until I met my fiancé. Some people just have to meet the right one before they take that next step. It doesn't make them losers or anything else that might require a psychiatrist.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 12-11-2015 at 09:14 AM..

Old 12-11-2015, 07:54 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Gotta agree with anon here. Women here have said repeatedly that while they may enjoy a brief period of fun with younger men, they prefer them closer to their own age.
Closer age could be younger and not necessary older. + and - 5 years when you are in your 30s are acceptable to some. I think it's actually more compatible when a woman is older and the man is younger as they age.
I don't know if this forum is an actual indication or all women, but I have two aunts who ended up in a stable relationship with men who are 10 years younger then them. Yes they are in their 80s, both women are sexpot when they were younger. Still married to the same men.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Closer age could be younger and not necessary older. + and - 5 years when you are in your 30s are acceptable to some. I think it's actually more compatible when a woman is older and the man is younger as they age.
I don't know if this forum is an actual indication or all women, but I have two aunts who ended up in a stable relationship with men who are 10 years younger then them. Yes they are in their 80s, both women are sexpot when they were younger. Still married to the same men.

Well, at that point, we're dealing with semantic verbiage. I'm just picking out numbers here, but his reads that a 50 year old woman would be more likely to want a 50 year old man (assuming he's successful, in shape, and attractive), and your post reads that she'd prefer someone younger. He's comparing "older to older", and you're suggesting that the comparison is actually "older (women) to younger (men)".

Anon said: the successful, in shape, attractive older men, the ones the older women actually desire.

You said: the successful, in shape, attractive younger men, the ones the older women actually desire.

Given only that context, I believe that anon's statement is "more" correct, not the one you "fixed".

My post indicated that, for LTR's, women are more likely to prefer someone close to their age. Do May/December relationships happen and succeed? Absolutely. But if we're talking generalities here, then I still maintain that anon's post was more correct before you edited it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships