Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 03:47 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

1. I wouldn't assume you're as compatible as you think. Sometimes people lie about their interests and hobbies and tell stories, just to get what they want.

2. You're completely right about breaking it off. You can't get mad at him for having children at 45, but not telling you until later is kind of a red flag.

3 He might just have been playing you to get you in bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 03:48 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
I think you were right to leave. Listen to your gut!

Old 12-10-2015, 03:58 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthinking86 View Post
You know what, you are all right.

I was blinded by the consideration and romance outside the bedroom, I really thought he was genuine.

What convinced me most was when he said he wanted me to visit the theatre with him and his children.

Jeez. Why do people play games so much!
Weirdo

Old 12-10-2015, 04:04 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
He works in the legal field so, just the facts:

-He knocked up two women in the past and forgot to mention it in all these conversations.
-He gets off and didn't care to or want to take care of your needs.
-He tells you he wasn't turned on.
-He tells you it'll get better later on.
-All this during the honeymoon/courting stage.

Move to dismiss, your honor.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:18 PM

31 posts, read 16,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
He works in the legal field so, just the facts:

-He knocked up two women in the past and forgot to mention it in all these conversations.
-He gets off and didn't care to or want to take care of your needs.
-He tells you he wasn't turned on.
-All this during the honeymoon/courting stage.

Move to dismiss, your honor.
No the court case is for access to his eldest child. He's been trying to gain access for 6 years now.

He told me about 2 children initially and the rest after :s

The turned on bit sounds like a power struggle

Tbh he's too much drama and sounds like he's also riddled with insecurities.
It's a loss for him because I was willing to give him all the support he wants, however not at the expense of my needs being trampled on.

Blocking me on WhatsApp is another childish act.

Good riddance.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:19 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
He sounds like a jerk. No need to waste time with him.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Tip: You should not be meeting children when you barely know the parent. That he would use his kids to further things with you is reprehensible.

Do not take it personally. It's his problem that he carries around with him, regardless of which women he's with. There are women who are the same way.

Live and learn and know your boundaries.
Agreed, it's not personal but sick on his part!

Old 12-10-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
1. I wouldn't assume you're as compatible as you think. Sometimes people lie about their interests and hobbies and tell stories, just to get what they want.

2. You're completely right about breaking it off. You can't get mad at him for having children at 45, but not telling you until later is kind of a red flag.

3 He might just have been playing you to get you in bed.
I think I need a stronger jerk detector!

Old 12-10-2015, 04:34 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:

Question - am I in the wrong and jumped the gun? Or am I correct in thinking he really is selfish sexually and soon after this would transcend into the potential relationship?
Or... Have I just been played?
Both. No great loss.

And wow, he sure knows how to charm the ladies. Holding your hand tenderly, and serenading you, or something to that effect?

Sorry, OP. Sometimes, when something (or someone) comes across as too good to be true, they are too good to be true. And you know, I could be wrong, but as soon as you posted in the beginning that you two had all the same interests, it made me wonder if he was faking some of that, and just responding to your statements about hobbies, etc., "Wow, me too!", like--just following your cues.

Live and learn. And yeah, a selfish lover should get booted after the first session, imo. It says a lot about a person's character. Also, the bit about 2 kids elsewhere (different moms? same mom?) would be a potential red flag.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:40 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Yeah, actually even before we were intimate he mentioned he rarely enjoys sex the first few times and he finds hids partner and sex more enjoyable as they progress further.
Quote:
No the court case is for access to his eldest child. He's been trying to gain access for 6 years now.

He told me about 2 children initially and the rest after :s

The turned on bit sounds like a power struggle

Tbh he's too much drama and sounds like he's also riddled with insecurities.
It's a loss for him because I was willing to give him all the support he wants, however not at the expense of my needs being trampled on.

Blocking me on WhatsApp is another childish act.

Good riddance.
From what you explained...I really wonder not JUST about this guy ( because he was on a lifestyle vision to get his jolly's)...thus blocked you..he can't have anyone pointing out his faults!!

But I really in truly wonder why you succumbed sexually to this guy( or any guy for that matter without knowing him)...remember..Talk is cheap..Never sleep ( sex wise) with anyone until you are sure...I use to use the term "Do I want this man to be the father of my child??" long BEFORE any sexual connection...Course I am old fashion..But it sure solved a whole slew of problems in my adult life!! Never had One sexual relationship I ever regretted! Yikes....reflecting now..They weren't that many as I'm sure I turned of self serving type prettier quick!! LOL

Quote:
I think I need a stronger jerk detector!
What you need to do is protect yourself..MAKE sure you learn personally ( Not written/online typed words) ..and lets face it...Whole loads of guys out there seeking SEX..and this has nothing to do with Love.....I would actually suggest getting tested..make sure he hasn't transmitted something to YOU!! Guys like this one never knows their past "Connections"???

Last edited by Lyndarn; 12-10-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships