Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 05:23 PM

31 posts, read 16,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Again, not listening to your gut.

"Court case" = bye bye.

There are men who don't have all that crap happening in their lives. Hold out for one of them.

Agreed, you are right

Thankyou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 06:18 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
1. I wouldn't assume you're as compatible as you think. Sometimes people lie about their interests and hobbies and tell stories, just to get what they want.

2. You're completely right about breaking it off. You can't get mad at him for having children at 45, but not telling you until later is kind of a red flag.

3 He might just have been playing you to get you in bed.
This! I always worry when people lie about having children! Be glad it ended sooner rather than later.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthinking86 View Post
Hello

As usual, some of turn to the boards when we feel desperate or need some consolation.

I am a 35 year old woman who met a handsome man of age 45 online just over 2 weeks ago.
We instantly connected, I have never met anyone so similiar to me. Infact, I didn't think such a person existed. Our thinking style, hobbies, interests, likes/dislikes are very identicle which is almost scary to both of us.

So, as it felt natural we decided to see each other and instantly hit it off, after the first date we thought we should see where it takes us.
After a few dates I spent the weekend at his, it was perfect, this experience nailed everything and it became clearer we are well suited and very much alike.
We made love but this is when I felt he was most focused on his desires/needs as opposed to mine but I brushed it as a first time experience.
The next day he confessed he had offspring from 2 previous relationships which really took me back. I was absolutely shocked but after much convincing I decided I'd still give him a chance.
We were on another date a few days ago and it was the most romantic date possible, he held my hand and made me feel very much loved and special, I felt serenaded. However he was rather upset and told me he had a court case the next day and problems at work so I knew he was stressed. This didn't affect the date and I ended up at his in the evening.

Again, we had sex and at no point did he attempt to tender to my needs. Once finished he said he wasn't very turned on at all. I took this very personally and after seething for 10 mins I told him in going home and walked out.
I then messaged him and told him he's a very selfish lover and that I don't see any sexual compatibility.
He responded with an apology and that he has alot on his mind.

The next day I felt terrible and asked if he was okay. He responded with "yes" and blocked me shortly after.

Question - am I in the wrong and jumped the gun? Or am I correct in thinking he really is selfish sexually and soon after this would transcend into the potential relationship?
Or... Have I just been played?

Sounds like a real trophy winner there. My guess is in time you won't miss not being with him

Old 12-10-2015, 07:08 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
It's over. Move on.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:38 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:

We made love but this is when I felt he was most focused on his desires/needs as opposed to mine but I brushed it as a first time experience.

Again, we had sex and at no point did he attempt to tender to my needs. Once finished he said he wasn't very turned on at all.
ANY boy who would say and do these things is an absolute loser on all fronts. I wish I could use stronger language.

Pay attention, fellas.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:25 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I agree, why go on? Bad sex,selfish lover, what's there for you? Move on.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:42 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Yeah, actually even before we were intimate he mentioned he rarely enjoys sex the first few times and he finds hids partner and sex more enjoyable as they progress further.
I'm sure. That's when he breaks out the gags and ropes.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I'm sure. That's when he breaks out the gags and ropes.
hahahaha!

Old 12-11-2015, 03:35 AM

186 posts, read 157,771 times
Quote:
Yeah, actually even before we were intimate he mentioned he rarely enjoys sex the first few times and he finds hids partner and sex more enjoyable as they progress further.
It is not that weird actually.
I am not saying anything about the rest of his behavior, but this is something that is plausible and occurs more than people think.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeken View Post
It is not that weird actually.
I am not saying anything about the rest of his behavior, but this is something that is plausible and occurs more than people think.
Yeah and I understand this too to a certain extent which is why I felt a little bad for stomping out on him and then suggesting we are sexually incompatible.

On the other hand, the lack of effort sexually (on the second occasion) makes me feel not so bad upon reflection. I felt used, wham bam thank you mam.

If youre stressed out and thus not entirely in the mood then Id rather you tell me upfront instead of making me feel like a worthless and used piece of *****.

The fact that he decided to block me instead of making any effort to explain his part just shows he doesnt give a crap. His loss, not mine. Im extremely confident, very supportive, and loyal without any extra baggage or emotional/mental drama. If he can't stand up to the plate, its his problem, not mine.

This is my outlook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships