Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 02:51 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
So my issue isn't that PDA is disgusting, it's that it can be inconsiderate. Especially in the sense like young people when they go overboard with it, where they are willfully trying to shock everybody. I used to do that too...and then I grew up.
That is my perspective as well.

I also look at it from the standpoint of "consent". Did a member of the public, simply by leaving their home, consent to seeing me and my partner playing tonsil hockey in the Target parking lot? Is the average mom or dad going to be trying to shield their kid's eyes as they pass?

To me, just saying "we're so much in love, deal with it" is the epitome of selfishness. Of course you can help yourself. Unless, of course, no one else in the world matters.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:01 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
The girl may just like to show off to others. And there is affection, holding hands and a quite kiss but the grinding, groping, etc., no place in public.

Never do something that you are uncomfortable doing to please someone else. Find someone that is compatible. Trust me on this.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:04 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
I believe it boils down to motive .
Are you doing it to show off ?
Is it an event of a home coming after a long separation ?
Do you act the same in private ?
Do you both share this abandon ?
It seems to me that if a couple are kissing and not looking at the audience ,I can accept that they are passionate.positive
But if there is a careful examination for those observing while doing it , it's just a show and false passion .negative.

Impulsive acts of passion (Un-planned) are a beautiful thing , but people doing things purely to disturb others is offensive.

When I was married after the ceremony ,we kissed and my wife turned to hug her parents and after I picked her up and carried her down the isle ,she and every one were surprised, and every one loved it. especially my wife.
It was an impulse I had only come up with in that moment.
It was an effort to make this wedding which for the most part was very simple up to that point ,now something very special for her, and unique and memorable .
It was not something I continued to do in public, but we enjoyed it at home often .

Old 12-11-2015, 03:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
I haven't read all the posts here, but I'll put in my .02:

I'm an affectionate man. I love hugs, embraces, kisses. If I'm with a lover/SO I believe strongly in holding hands, arm-wrapping around the midsection - even in public. An occasional small peck on the lips will suffice but I for one am not for passionate tongue-kissing and groping/grabbing in public. Once, many years ago, I was in a car and I saw some couple on the street kissing passionately and "feeling up" each other; I yelled at them, "Get a motel room!" Point is, if it goes deeper than what I mentioned in the first paragraph, I take it indoors!

Old 12-11-2015, 03:53 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Just go get a room and call it a day already.
Okay *shoos cats out-closes door and then

Old 12-11-2015, 03:55 PM

649 posts, read 569,843 times
After reading some of these posts I'm wondering where some of you hang out because I seldom see anyone full on making out in public. I did accidentally walk up on a couple having sex in a park once but it was like 3am so they weren't trying to put on a show. Another time I stumbled upon a man pleasuring himself on a beach and that was way more disturbing.

I'm actually surprised that hugging or giving a quick peck on the lips bothers people so much. I like to see people happy and in love.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:02 PM

186 posts, read 157,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
After reading some of these posts I'm wondering where some of you hang out because I seldom see anyone full on making out in public. I did accidentally walk up on a couple having sex in a park once but it was like 3am so they weren't trying to put on a show. Another time I stumbled upon a man pleasuring himself on a beach and that was way more disturbing.

I'm actually surprised that hugging or giving a quick peck on the lips bothers people so much. I like to see people happy and in love.
Yes!
I do not understand this either.

Something is wrong with society if you can not even kiss your loved ones.
And by kissing I do not mean some long french kiss.

Some people are already disgusted when they see people holding hands, I do not get this.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
It only annoys me if it's overly blatant and obnoxious.

I don't see it often in public. The most I see is people holding hands.

I'm indifferent to it.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:27 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
That is my perspective as well.

I also look at it from the standpoint of "consent". Did a member of the public, simply by leaving their home, consent to seeing me and my partner playing tonsil hockey in the Target parking lot? Is the average mom or dad going to be trying to shield their kid's eyes as they pass?

To me, just saying "we're so much in love, deal with it" is the epitome of selfishness. Of course you can help yourself. Unless, of course, no one else in the world matters.
I wouldn't shield my kid's eyes if I saw a couple kissing. I would shield them if Fox News was on TV. I guess we're all different.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:29 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Affectionate? Yes. Sexual? No.

And there IS a difference in the type of kiss.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships