Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 05:05 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
Unless a girl has horrible pics I do not think it is that big of a deal.

Most guys online are gonna be of the younger variety (under 50).

In which case most will focus there messaging to women aged 18-40's.

I am a guy and pretty much message any decent thing in that age range.

I suppose fat, very ugly, or old dudes will message all the women the normal men bypass.
LOL uhuh...I'm 29 and the last maybe 10 messages I've gotten on Match were from men over 43. I finally had to put a disclaimer saying that I don't want to waste anyone's time who's over 40 since I simply won't bother. I didn't think it would work that much, but its minimized the amount of messages from anyone over 40 at least. The weird thing is I'm very young looking. I've even gotten messages before asking if I'm old enough to be on the site . oh well. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 05:10 PM

912 posts, read 914,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Not a guy, but as someone who has done OLD before this is what happens on my end:- if I read a profile & don't respond, there are some things I've probably identified that would make us incompatible; when I respond a few times then stop, I'm usually chatting to a few people at the same time & might have more in common with the other people. I also can't be asked to keep conversation going with someone who isn't making much of an effort as I interpret that as disinterest & would rather focus my energy elsewhere. When l don't reply, but view a profile a few times, then the profile is coming up repeatedly as a match or i might like your pic then something on your profile shows we are incompatible.

Gay guys might just be looking for a leg-over with anybody so I don't think that's a valid comparison. From what I've heard, OLD is difficult for a lot of guys coz women do get flooded with messages. Good luck in your search.
^^^ This. You saved me from typing it.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:19 PM

245 posts, read 193,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
LOL uhuh...I'm 29 and the last maybe 10 messages I've gotten on Match were from men over 43. I finally had to put a disclaimer saying that I don't want to waste anyone's time who's over 40 since I simply won't bother. I didn't think it would work that much, but its minimized the amount of messages from anyone over 40 at least. The weird thing is I'm very young looking. I've even gotten messages before asking if I'm old enough to be on the site . oh well. It is what it is.
I should have clarified. I meant free dating sites.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
I should have clarified. I meant free dating sites.
Fair enough.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Try Elite.com.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Try Elite.com.
Never heard of that one. What goes on there?

Old 01-02-2016, 06:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Never heard of that one. What goes on there?
Its where you can meet other educated or accomplished people in the work force.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:30 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
The OP's experience sounds nearly identical to my own. I've been using OLD for a few years now, and though I've been on a decent amount of dates, literally nothing has come from any of them. Similar to the OP, for me it's always:

1. I message and get no response or even a look at my profile.
2. I message and they look at my profile, but don't respond.
3. I message and they respond and we exchange a few messages, and then they simply disappear.
4. Finally, we exchange a few messages and go on several dates and typically they seem to go fairly well, but then the woman just vanishes and I never hear from her again. This one is the most frustrating because by then it seems like things are actually going well, and suddenly...just nothing, and with no explanation.

Another frustration that's happened several times recently is a woman will tell me how awesome my profile is, how nice it is to see a man who actually types in complete, well constructed sentences, and how it's great that I actually seem to have half a brain and that my profile is extremely refreshing, and then...nothing. I mean, my text and apparently photo was enough to not only get their attention, but to also complement me on, but I guess even that's not enough? And in some cases these were women who MESSAGED ME FIRST. I honestly can't figure out what the hell it takes to succeed at OLD, aside from being insanely rich and unbelievably good looking.

I would give up and try traditional dating, but that's literally never worked once for me, either. Even less than OLD. Plus I almost never meet women in person who are actually single.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Its where you can meet other educated or accomplished people in the work force.
I just googled it, this is what I found lol:

Enterprise Business Management Solutions | Elite

Old 01-02-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
The OP's experience sounds nearly identical to my own. I've been using OLD for a few years now, and though I've been on a decent amount of dates, literally nothing has come from any of them. Similar to the OP, for me it's always:

1. I message and get no response or even a look at my profile.
2. I message and they look at my profile, but don't respond.
3. I message and they respond and we exchange a few messages, and then they simply disappear.
4. Finally, we exchange a few messages and go on several dates and typically they seem to go fairly well, but then the woman just vanishes and I never hear from her again. This one is the most frustrating because by then it seems like things are actually going well, and suddenly...just nothing, and with no explanation.

Another frustration that's happened several times recently is a woman will tell me how awesome my profile is, how nice it is to see a man who actually types in complete, well constructed sentences, and how it's great that I actually seem to have half a brain and that my profile is extremely refreshing, and then...nothing. I mean, my text and apparently photo was enough to not only get their attention, but to also complement me on, but I guess even that's not enough? And in some cases these were women who MESSAGED ME FIRST. I honestly can't figure out what the hell it takes to succeed at OLD, aside from being insanely rich and unbelievably good looking.

I would give up and try traditional dating, but that's literally never worked once for me, either. Even less than OLD. Plus I almost never meet women in person who are actually single.
If it makes you feel any better, the last 2 guys I met that I hit it off with really well, eventually just stopped talking to me. One of them was extra confusing cause he kept showing all this interest, couldn't keep his hands off me, we saw each other for almost 2 months. took me out on dates, brought me lunches to my work place, etc. and boom-ghosted. I'm used to being ghosted when the connection is mild at best, but not when its pretty strong, that is a first for me. Or maybe I misread it. I met a few others the past few months but the connection wasn't that strong for me so it fizzled out. Either way, Us ladies have equal frustrations, plus having to deal with harrassment and inappropriate pics being sent (if you go on the free sites especially). Dating just plain sucks all around. I also never meet singles either when I'm out, and when I do, if they're interested, I'm rarely attracted to them (which is equally as frustrating). oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships