Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 12:22 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
It's pretty well confirmed that with online dating the number of men to women is drastically lower. The 20 / 80 rule doesn't sound like an exaggeration.

OLD definitely favors women in general. Women have their pick of the litter on those sites. If they're hooking up with guys like that than they need to look for another type of guy.
That "type" of guy doesn't wear a scarlet "P" for "Player". You can't tell from a photo and profile who's like that. And the percentages of men vs. women on OLD depends on the age range. It favors women mainly in the 20's, but starts to even out in the 30's, and skew more in favor of men in the later 40's. After that, it seems like 10 women to every man, lol.

You can't generalize about who has "the pick of the litter". Some men obviously have their pick, when you listen to women's experiences on OLD. And some women don't get anywhere at all, as some of our women members have repeatedly reported. Some women, even reasonably attractive ones, get overlooked. OLD is a mixed bag in terms of who gets their pick, and who gets left on the sidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 12:34 PM

245 posts, read 193,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Such an interesting perspective. This is exactly what women on Match, etc. are saying about the men there. I''ve heard a number of stories about how players use those sites to bed women, and as soon as they get what they want, they dump her and move on to the next woman. OLD is like a giant catalogue for men shopping for women, they say. "They're like a kid in a candy store", their friends say, after watching a good friend get dumped after dating reaches the point of intimacy.
It is the woman's fault generally for putting out too soon. Most men will give up after 3-5 dates. I recommend my female friends to wait 10 dates to be on the safe side if they want a guy looking for more.

For a woman I am serious about I wouldnt even attempt to bed her in the early stages of dating just not to give off the wrong vibe.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:35 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
That "type" of guy doesn't wear a scarlet "P" for "Player". You can't tell from a photo and profile who's like that. And the percentages of men vs. women on OLD depends on the age range. It favors women mainly in the 20's, but starts to even out in the 30's, and skew more in favor of men in the later 40's. After that, it seems like 10 women to every man, lol.

You can't generalize about who has "the pick of the litter". Some men obviously have their pick, when you listen to women's experiences on OLD. And some women don't get anywhere at all, as some of our women members have repeatedly reported. Some women, even reasonably attractive ones, get overlooked. OLD is a mixed bag in terms of who gets their pick, and who gets left on the sidelines.
It takes a whole 15 minutes with a man to see where his priorities in life are and to judge fairly accurately whether he is a player or not. Too many women have the blinders on however.

Agree that women in their 20s and early 30s is the age bracket that I am referring to as this is target range.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:

I do not know any man with the pick of the litter with OLD in the West. I mean he would have to me extremely handsome, tall, and rich. Which many would assume is a fake profile i imagine. Guys like that do not even need OLD.

Western men would have to go to Latin America or Asia to experience anything close to having the pick of the litter.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
It is the woman's fault generally for putting out too soon. Most men will give up after 3-5 dates. I recommend my female friends to wait 10 dates to be on the safe side if they want a guy looking for more.

For a woman I am serious about I wouldnt even attempt to bed her in the early stages of dating just not to give off the wrong vibe.
That may be a problem with some women, but in the cases I've heard about, they did wait to get to know the guys better. They weren't looking for sex, they were looking for a serious relationship/LTR. It seems to be a game for some guys; they'll wait until the get what they want, then move on. I'm not saying they're all like that, just that it does happen. OLD isn't inherently easier for either gender. There are pitfalls for everyone.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
That may be a problem with some women, but in the cases I've heard about, they did wait to get to know the guys better. They weren't looking for sex, they were looking for a serious relationship/LTR. It seems to be a game for some guys; they'll wait until the get what they want, then move on. I'm not saying they're all like that, just that it does happen. OLD isn't inherently easier for either gender. There are pitfalls for everyone.
When it comes to options and ease of meeting people, woman have it vastly easier.

Btw I seriously doubt those women waited 10+ dates before putting out.

Hell, the American standard is 3 dates.

But wait all guys OL are creeps and no good.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:35 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
You have to screen carefully, but my kid know so done who just got engaged and going to be married to someone she met online.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:30 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:

Old 01-03-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
I do not know any man with the pick of the litter with OLD in the West. I mean he would have to me extremely handsome, tall, and rich. Which many would assume is a fake profile i imagine. Guys like that do not even need OLD.

Western men would have to go to Latin America or Asia to experience anything close to having the pick of the litter.
There are a fair number of men on Match and elsewhere who are businessmen who don't have time to do a lot of dating, so they use OLD as a more efficient means to sift through women and find suitable candidates. Really, anyone who's decent-looking and has a good job, even if they don't list their income, but give their profession, would have pretty good prospects. There are good-looking, accomplished guys on OLD, they're not all gremlins and/or socially inept types.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:10 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Really, guys don't care about women's paper--give yourself a pat on the back if you want, but it's nothing new for most guys that are deemed universally desirable.
Lol, was just stating that I'm an example of it, geeze. I know its not a special thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships