Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 08:38 PM

645 posts, read 744,765 times

Advertisements

if it bothers you so much you drive him....your husband seems like he's trying to teach him to be a man and be responsible which is what he needs where as you seem like you want to still baby him and coddle him....He is a grown man now. Why would he get his girlfriend pregnant while living at home and with only a seasonal job? I would be mad to if I was your husband....time to cut the umbilical cord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 09:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,880,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
It is my parent's car but they gave it to my niece who lives with them and while she's away at school they let my son use it.
Why does your niece live with your parents?

Old 12-14-2015, 09:24 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,173,068 times
He's 19. He's an adult. You're not doing him any favors by coddling him and keeping him from learning valuable lessons in life. You and your deadbeat son are a couple of train wrecks. Your husband is the winner by a huge margin.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:31 PM

19,480 posts, read 24,989,853 times
Quote:
I'd rather he not ride the bus, thank you! Yes, my husband has mentioned that but I don't want him to ride the bus when we have two cars at home, mine and my husband's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What is wrong with a bus? Dude is 19, should have been taking care of himself for transit (bike or bus, or buy a car) at a younger age than that. Your husband is right. Dude's gotta take care of himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Nope. That doesn't fly. Your son is 19 years old, woman. Let him ride the damn bus. Good grief. Don't you have ANY idea how to teach someone to be responsible for themselves???
OMG!!

Have your son take the damn bus!
Or, have him get rides with co-workers.
Or, have him take a taxi home (of course, he needs to pay for it himself) if he can't get a ride home or the buses have stopped for the night.

Or, you get him from work yourself if you feel that he is too much of an immature child to ride a bus by himself.

And, how is this "child" of yours going to support and raise a baby if he is so immature that he can not even be trusted to ride a bus by himself ?

Old 12-14-2015, 09:36 PM

50,076 posts, read 46,646,985 times
Quote:
I'd rather he not ride the bus, thank you! Yes, my husband has mentioned that but I don't want him to ride the bus when we have two cars at home, mine and my husband's.
Anyone he works with he can catch a ride with? I'd be pretty torqued with my schedule to have to play taxi and get a few hours a night in sleep while my kids are doing "what they want" which is the situation you have now. Good luck regardless.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:14 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,129,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
He's 19. He's an adult. You're not doing him any favors by coddling him and keeping him from learning valuable lessons in life. You and your deadbeat son are a couple of train wrecks. Your husband is the winner by a huge margin.
Not really, because he is married to the OP.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:18 AM

20,232 posts, read 19,794,799 times
No offense OP but if I were in your husband's shoes I would have bailed some time ago. Most guys I know would.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:49 AM

666 posts, read 636,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Not really, because he is married to the OP.
Lol ouch.

Your son can take the dang public transit like anyone else. He isn't special. I'd be freaking peeved to have to add time / throw off my work schedule like that to cart around an able bodied 19 year old.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:18 AM

20,687 posts, read 19,827,213 times
Quote:
No, his daughter is not pregnant now. Again, that was taken care of her senior year of high school because my husband laid it out to her how her life would be with a baby at this age. She's away in college now but so is my son, after failing out o his first college. My husband is still holding that against him simply because the college he failed out of was his alma mater. He had hopes that one of the kids would go to his alma mater but when my son flunked out he's been bitter and it seems that everything my son does he finds fault in it. He's 19 and he's in school and working but my husband is just too hard on him.
What does that mean? She got an abortion?

Old 12-15-2015, 09:59 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,085,109 times
Your son is going to be a father and you don't want him to take the bus???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships