Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 04:59 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

If I were out of work and recovering from surgery I don't think I'd be spending time trying to figure out how to get a date.

You sound like you don't like being alone. Do you have friends and hobbies?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 05:58 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Get healthy first. Most guys are not interested in a patient.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:26 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,233 times
Live in FWB = disastrous ending....probably should focus on healing and get yourself a state of the art B.O.B. That piece of injected molded plastic and surgical silicone will be the boyfriend who always lives in the "honeymoon" phase. It's one thing to date someone who gets hurt, and another when you're already bed ridden and need to get one. Good luck scraping off the needy, clinger of a male, when he starts irritating you. Trouble is he lives with you....red flag alert

Old 12-16-2015, 02:33 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That "post a pic" thing never gets old. Don't post a pic. You're not well, by your own admission. I bet it shows. Maybe wait until you feel better and then see if you're luck changes, or approach men you're interested in.
I agree. To the OP, you will be shredded verbally on this forum if you post a pic. Don't do it.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:42 AM

769 posts, read 830,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I agree. To the OP, you will be shredded verbally on this forum if you post a pic. Don't do it.
If she is hideous, or a blimp, then I don't think she would be "shredded", but seriously, a picture tells a thousand words. It could very well, maybe even probably is the PRIMARY reason the OP is having an issue meeting guys.

Any halfway attractive, fit woman will ATTRACT guys. They will GET DATES.

Will they be able to maintain relationships? Maybe not, but that is a DIFFERENT question completely.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:45 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, it's odd that you're posting about having difficulty meeting men while you're laid up from surgery and complications from surgery. Wouldn't you expect to have trouble meeting men when you're forced into a period of inactivity? Or were you posting more generally, about your social life before the surgery, with an eye to the future?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think this isn't what you should be worrying about while you're convalescing from surgery. Get back to us after you're well and able to be active again.

The usual advice for meeting guys is to join activities, clubs, groups, where you'll be participating in activities or classes with the same guys on a regular basis, and can get to know them informally, without either side having to worry about making an approach, like it's a big deal. You just get to know people casually and naturally, and they--you.

But it sounds like it will be awhile before you'll be able to try that.
this is the best advice. OP your health is more important than just about any relationship you can have. if the guy does not understand that, then he really wasnt into you in the first place.

so get well, then get back into the dating world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships