Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 04:53 PM

57 posts, read 49,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Its very easy to talk to shy women or shy people in general. You just have to make them feel comfortable talking to you, usually takes no more than a minute or two. Unless you have no idea what youre doing.
This!...we'll open up if you make us feel comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 04:55 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katespinner2007 View Post
This!...we'll open up if you make us feel comfortable.
Well that poster has no standards so maybe you two should hook up.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
No no no!!!!

We don't ALL go for the loud ones, yes I grant you we love a live wire but a nice quiet shy girl is lovely to settle down with and appeals to a lot of men

Glove on the other hand do YOU like shy men?
Yes I do like shy men. They seem to "get it". Matter of fact my late husband was extremely shy when we first met.

Is it really fair for guys to settle for us when they are done having their fun with the other girls?

Old 12-16-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Yes I do like shy men. They seem to "get it". Matter of fact my late husband was extremely shy when we first met.

Is it really fair for guys to settle for us when they are done having their fun with the other girls?
Now you really are starting to sound like some of the male posters on here.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well that poster has no standards so maybe you two should hook up.
Wow! Slow down there. I can only speak from my own personal experience...if a person makes me feel comfortable during our conversations...then I'm going to open up a lot faster and this goes for all my relationships (platonic or romantic). Not sure why you took this negatively???

Old 12-16-2015, 05:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:

I didn't mean it like that, to settle down with someone is the ultimate compliment I personally would much rather end up with a shy girl than a loud one.

In fairness you shouldn't really compare shy girls to the loud ones or yourself to other women full stop as ALL women have there own different qualities

Old 12-16-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Now you really are starting to sound like some of the male posters on here.
Maybe. But I did start this thread with I get tired of men complaining about their luck with women when there is a whole group of women out there who get overlooked.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Wow! Slow down there. I can only speak from my own personal experience...if a person makes me feel comfortable during our conversations...then I'm going to open up a lot faster and this goes for all my relationships (platonic or romantic). Not sure why you took this negatively???
Only if they are okay doing this. Many men are not and want the woman they are talking to to contribute to the conversation.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Maybe. But I did start this thread with I get tired of men complaining about their luck with women when there is a whole group of women out there who get overlooked.
Well just like with those men. Asking all women to change who they are just for them is a fruitless endeavor. Just as asking men to change who they are for you or any other woman who has dating issues is a fruitless endeavor.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setchel View Post
It's not about having no interest in shy women. If anything, I love it when a woman is visibly shy! The problem is how do you approach a woman like that? And where are they?

That's a problem I've had for some time now actually. Where do you meet single people for the general purpose of having a romantic connection? In my case I don't drink so bars are out. And partying isn't my thing either. I hear people talking about meeting at book stores or grocery stores, but the first I don't go to often at all and the second it seems seedy to try to get chatty while looking over lettuce and broccoli.

Then again I come from a place where socializing is seen as odd and few people do it. Plan on moving and hope that's something that changes.
I think it's probably a little harder to come across shy women Bc we are normally not in the places single people go to mingle (clubs/bars). Bookstore or coffee shop is a good place. If you want to meet shy women, the best thing you can do is start small talk at first...build rapport. This will make her feel more comfortable with you and more receptive to your possibly asking her out. The key to getting a shy person to open up is making them feel comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships