Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 12:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Of course, he is. He wouldn't be posting in this romantic sub forum if he wasn't. We've had many posters like the OP, claiming they're content being single for life, but IMO, deep in their heart, they would like to be partnered.

Who doesn't want to be loved?

Ok, off to the gym myself; I have a grueling/painful 90 min ab workout to kill
There's all kinds of people I'm afraid.

But in all honesty, there are heartaches and other things that occur in relationships that could make one wish he stayed single.

Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 12:56 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Got to do something.
Hi, Jenk. Yeah, but you're not trying to convince yourself and others that you're happy being single.

Happy Holidays.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hi, Jenk. Yeah, but you're not trying to convince yourself and others that you're happy being single.

Happy Holidays.

Um....

Happy Hollidays

Old 12-17-2015, 02:53 PM

59 posts, read 68,315 times
I'd say you're perfectly fine. I see no issues with you wanting to focus solely on getting yourself ahead in life. You will know when the time is right to seek out a partner in life. If at the moment you are content and happy with being by yourself it doesn't matter what no one else thinks. You may be judged, yes, but only YOU know your truth. Keep on doing what you have to do, and everything will fall into place at the right time for you! Best of luck.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:04 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serdico View Post
I'm 33, never had a girlfriend or had any kind of experience with women. I was always very focused on my professional goals. I worked a lot even during college, did my master's degree, got a job and then started to climb from there. Always on the lookout for a better job opportunity, I'm currently working for a multinational company.

I don't remember a woman ever showing interest in me and even when I was attracted to one, I kept it to myself because I was always so busy and because I never thought I would have a chance anyway.

I've always had lots of friends, I think I'm a cool guy, I try to help everyone whenever I can, I don't get into fights at work and don't anyone any trouble.

I have several interests as well, the two biggest ones being travelling and reading. I'm a bookaholic and can't stop buying books all the time. I actually running out of space at home to keep so many books.

I've reached a stage in life where I'm completely at peace with being single because any other reality at this point is so distant and alien to me. I have nothing against women and actually have several long time female friends.

My social life is more and more sparse these days because there's hardly any available friends left. I haven't seen my best friend since he had a kid 2 years ago. I try to keep myself entertained during the weekends with plenty of activities (sports, cinema, reading of course, etc).

Is it odd to be so okay with being single at my age? I mean it's not as if I'm asexual...my libido remains normal as usual. I just don't expect anything from that department anymore.
Only if you feel that way.
If you feel this its becuase it isn't what you actually want.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:11 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
There's all kinds of people I'm afraid.

But in all honesty, there are heartaches and other things that occur in relationships that could make one wish he stayed single.

Just sayin'.
There will always be heartache in every relationship<the two will always go hand and hand.

A heart is meant to be broken

Old 12-17-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
There will always be heartache in every relationship<the two will always go hand and hand.

A heart is meant to be broken
This ^^^

Old 12-17-2015, 09:27 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1988 View Post
I am the same as you. I am 27 and never had boy-friend. I always have been busy with studying and now with doing PhD. But, I am not happy with being single. I feel very lonely .

Loneliness begins within.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:13 AM

13,233 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
I don't remember a woman ever showing interest in me and even when I was attracted to one, I kept it to myself because I was always so busy and because I never thought I would have a chance anyway.
Just the fact that you said that leads me to think you are not okay with this. I had very few relationships in my 20's and regretted that later in life I'm in my 50's now married, but wonder what I missed out on. The girls I met back in my 20's did have interest in me but because I never asked them out on a date I thought like you would never have a chance like what you said. Once your 20's and 30's are over doors close off and you can't go back. Don't get me wrong I'm happy in my marriage. You only get one life live it to the fullest you can if you want something don't let anything hold you back.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:36 PM

216 posts, read 212,892 times
No, there is nothing strange about being single for life. Not every seed that falls to soil takes root.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships