Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 11:04 AM

699 posts, read 610,397 times

Advertisements

I have female friends who I don't want to have sex with. It's part of being an adult, appreciating both genders outside of them being sex objects for you.

Men can learn a lot from women as friends, instead of sex partners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 11:43 AM

260 posts, read 239,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1988 View Post
I want to have a boy-friend without having sex. I am wondering if there is any boy out there who can have a relationship with a girl without having sex until the girl feels it is the time!

I like to build a strong friendship with a boy and be sure that our relationship is true love.

Some people may ask for my reasons: I do not like to lose someone whom I have feeling for. So, if sex is involved, the situation becomes even worse.
I'm confused by this post and the title of the thread. They contradict each other.

Aside from that, you won't find anyone who wants to be in a relationship without sex unless it's someone specifically saving themselves for marriage.

And even when having male friends, 99% of your male friends would have sex with you given the chance.

"I won't look at her boobs popping out of her shirt because she's my friend"... Said no guy ever.

May seem blunt but I'm just telling it like it is.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:47 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Honest question to the guys then: lately we have seen a lot of posts with men admitting that most guys want sex so badly that they are willing to lie or exaggerate their interest in a committed relationship just to get it. How is a young woman with little or no relationship experience supposed to know she can trust that the guy is for real? Is she supposed to just take her chances? It seems like taking her time would be the obvious answer.

In other words, what advice would you give your daughter?

Old 12-19-2015, 12:08 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Honest question to the guys then: lately we have seen a lot of posts with men admitting that most guys want sex so badly that they are willing to lie or exaggerate their interest in a committed relationship just to get it. How is a young woman with little or no relationship experience supposed to know she can trust that the guy is for real? Is she supposed to just take her chances? It seems like taking her time would be the obvious answer.

Yes, she would have to take her chances, like most women/men have done before her. Relationships isn't something that can't be taught through books/advise, but through personal experience; mistakes will be made along the process, in which one will hopefully learn from. Hopefully.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:09 PM

102,186 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

Good point. If some of you guys don't like the fact that some women take their time to evaluate a guy and get to know him before making her body available to him, you should consider blaming all the players out there, your fellow dudes. Women learn from experience to be cautious.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:13 PM

102,186 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yes, she would have to take her chances, like most women/men have done before her. Relationships isn't something that can't be taught through books/advise, but through personal experience; mistakes will be made along the process, in which one will hopefully learn from. Hopefully.
Exactly. And what they learn from experience is to stop taking their chances willy-nilly, and take their time to get to know a guy before doing some of the most intimate acts known to humankind. IF they're interested in a serious relationship. So, the smart ones choose not to learn from their own experience, but to learn from their sisters' or gf's' experience, and they're cautious from the start. So, no, they don't all have to take their chances. They can learn from others' mistakes.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:15 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
As a guy, with a now 30 year old daughter, I have had many chats with my daughter on the subject of relationships (although she obviously talks more to Mom about those things ). Being in the Army has greatly affected her ability to have a relationship. She may not worry so much about having or not having sex such as yourself, but in my opinion it makes no difference upon a first meeting with a potential friend+.

I understand it's a "dangerous" world out there, but you can't live life in fear. Instead of over thinking going into a friendship which may or may not become a relationship which may or may not lead to sex, why over think it? Let situations flow, and if uncomfortable, just move on.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:19 PM

260 posts, read 239,254 times
Quote:

It's two opposite extremes. Men use love to get sex, but women use sex to get love.

The advice I would give my daughter is to be careful and to be very very selective. Think of it as having a cup of sugar. The more sugar you give away, the less you have.

Life is a gamble. People are going to f*ck you over. I can't think of one person who's never been done dirty by someone else. I certainly have. That's just part of life. It's an unfortunate one, but no one is immune to it. This idea of the sweet young innocent woman being played by the bad boy is played out. It goes both ways. The dynamic has changed. Women are now asserting their right to be as promiscuous as men, and now marriage -even love to an extent- is becoming more outdated and harder to find.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:21 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. And what they learn from experience is to stop taking their chances willy-nilly, and take their time to get to know a guy before doing some of the most intimate acts known to humankind. IF they're interested in a serious relationship. So, the smart ones choose not to learn from their own experience, but to learn from their sisters' or gf's' experience, and they're cautious from the start. So, no, they don't all have to take their chances. They can learn from others' mistakes.
I just haven't found that to be reality. Anyone with that mindset isn't ready for a relationship, imo.

Again, relationships and heartbreak/pain/sadness go hand and hand (there's just no way around it). If you ever elect to get into a relationship, you will eventually be subjected to heartbreak (its guaranteed)

Old 12-19-2015, 12:35 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This I definitely agree with.

A lot of mistakes I have noticed that people make can be avoided if they simply paid attention. I do agree that in order to TRULY understand it you have to experience it but I think paying attention and using common sense is just as important.

Last edited by Auraliea; 12-19-2015 at 12:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships