Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.jones45 View Post

... im sorry for the way that i acted earlier, i need to change that about me...
Don't worry about it Tony, have a couple of drinks.
It will help you relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 01:21 PM

31 posts, read 80,027 times
i dont really think that youre trying to help the situation at all. just make it worse , thanks though pal!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM

does anyone else haev anything they wanna say?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times
You know what I think? I think it will take a lot more than just promising to change and telling her you are going to get counseling to get her back. Its not that easy. You can't continuously treat people like dirt, take advantage of them, and then expect an easy fix.

Its going to take a lot more. In fact, I think the best thing would be for the two of you to be separate for some time. Enough time for you to decide if you want to get your act together. Enough time for her to be able to trust you and trust you with your future child. What is frightening to think about is probably how you would treat the child? Are you going to yell and scream at the kid? No one deserves to live in that type of household, and any good mother (well, even parent) would not want to subject their child to that. No way.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:02 PM

yeah man very good point, i had a football coach who would just WOW SCREAM HIS LUNGS OUT at you for doing nothing. and i know that im not like him at all but yes i definatley see your point, i just want to make this work out and have a happy family something that i nevr did. i just need to take some time off from us and as does she and we will see sooner or later that we do belong together and that she will see that change but its going to be really hard long road! thanks guys

Old 02-05-2008, 02:19 PM

i think that if i lay off for about a few weeks or something like that and i continue to do whats best for me that she will atleast be talking to me and things like that and then we can just go from there. and im sure that what people are telling her is that if he really loves you and wants to be with you he will be waiting for you when youre ready but if he isnt then hes not worht your time. i really think that she knows that i do love her that much and i will be waiting for her. whats the opinions on this?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM

979 posts, read 3,827,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Yes, I think the 5-page letter is enough. If I was her, I would tell you to leave me alone to give me time to think. Just because you apologize doesn't mean you will get a response RIGHT AWAY.
Very true.

Quote:
damn i hate waiting though but it looks like im going to have to and just keep a positive head about this whole situation like this .... im going to have a great and beautiful baby... and hopefully a beautiful girl to spend my life with if she gives me that chance and im going to counseling and really getting what i need to help me with what not makes me that perfect person for her. im going to school im getting my education and im looking for a new job bc the one tht i have now just is not for me and ive workd there for 2 years its just a dead end job and i have nothing in common with anyone there i dont talk to ne one there or ne thing like that. thanks guys .... i guess that im going to just have to wait it out and see what happens... she told me that it could take weeks to get over this and then after that she will have an answer and all of that what do you guys think about this statement?
Sounds like you're on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Having read this thread, here's my 2 cents, FWIW. I was married for 20 years to a guy who "only" drank occasionally. When he was sober, things were great, when he drank he was very verbally abusive and just plain nasty. He always apologized afterwards and things would be fine....Until the next time. He started drinking and being nasty when we were married for about 15 years - it took me 5 to realize he wasn't going to change.

I think your girlfriend is much smarter than I was - she's staying away until she sees that you really mean to stop drinking and verbally abusing her. Anyone can say they are in counseling, going to Alcoholics Anonymous, etc. and actually be doing it, but until the other person sees a positive change, they are going to shy away and stay away until the actions speak for themselves. IMO, she's steering clear of you and any thoughts of a relationship with you until she is sure the counseling and meetings are working and that you are not drinking. I think she's waiting for you to prove to her that you have changed and you are no longer drinking. Only time and your behavior will show her that. Until then, I don't think she'll be answering you......
I totally agree here.

Everyone here has made very valid points. I agree with most of them. Obviously nothing will happen until she sees that you have changed.

So there. Let's all stop repeating ourselves now. I think he's got the point.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM

ok i got it now, just needa change and let her see it somehow and sometime but until then i guess were not going to talk. thanks guys just hope that everything works out

Old 02-05-2008, 02:44 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
yeah , so do you think taht shes just not talking back to me on the phone or texting is bc shes trying ot make some space bc i guess i really didnt give it to her and then she wants to see where she stands ater she thinks for a bit??? or what??? and also would there be anything at all to show her how sorry i am besides going to conseling to try and fix the problem??

I think you ought to leave her alone. Stop calling and texting. Do what others have said and take care of your alcoholism. IF she decides to get back in your life, that is up to her. Maybe when you were nice she thought you were the best thing for her and now she knows better? Nothing is more irritating and a turn off than someone constantly bugging you with phone and text messages. You blew it. Don't know if you can be redeemed in her eyes, but it is going to take MUCH more than an apology.

J

Old 02-05-2008, 02:51 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
[quote=tony.jones45;2732378]she told me numerous times though that i treated her the best shes ever been treated and i was the best thign to ever happen to her and i made her soo happy.. she even said that she would marry me at oine point...

And you went and cheated on her and was mean....It is starting to sound like you are close to stalking her. It sounds like you are not ready to 1) be in a relationship and 2) should NOT be a parent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships