Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 06:53 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm just going to address all the posters who say it is all in my head the reason I can't get dates. I'm honestly telling you, girls don't even get that close to me enough to get into my head. They all take one look at my appearance as a black 6'5 300+ lbs fat guy and their body language is like "hell naw, this guy isn't attractive and I ain't dating him." Mind you, I haven't even had the chance to talk to them at this point. Say it is all in my head you want, but I'm not just imagining the rejection.
Do you mind me asking if your doing anything that will boost your confidence when it comes to the women for example gym?

I only ask as you have some qualities about you that I'm sure women would like about you mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 07:01 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I'm just going to address all the posters who say it is all in my head the reason I can't get dates. I'm honestly telling you, girls don't even get that close to me enough to get into my head. They all take one look at my appearance as a black 6'5 300+ lbs fat guy and their body language is like "hell naw, this guy isn't attractive and I ain't dating him." Mind you, I haven't even had the chance to talk to them at this point. Say it is all in my head you want, but I'm not just imagining the rejection.
Have you gained weight since you joined? I remember you had a pic of yourself, and you looked like a football player, which is not something I'd call "fat". Big--yes. Weight is something you can fix (I know you know that). I can see how you might be intimidating to some women, but some women like that type. Otherwise football players and boxers wouldn't have gf's.

You're a work-in-progress, Diss. First you got yourself a BA, pretty much through sheer determination, I have the impression, and that got you a job. Then you went to school to better that job. Now, you're working on fine-tuning the weight. Step by step, you'll get there. You'll get tired of me saying, "patience", but.... what other choice is there? Good luck, I know you can do this, Diss. Step by step wins the race.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you gained weight since you joined? I remember you had a pic of yourself, and you looked like a football player, which is not something I'd call "fat". Big--yes. Weight is something you can fix (I know you know that). I can see how you might be intimidating to some women, but some women like that type. Otherwise football players and boxers wouldn't have gf's.

You're a work-in-progress, Diss. First you got yourself a BA, pretty much through sheer determination, I have the impression, and that got you a job. Then you went to school to better that job. Now, you're working on fine-tuning the weight. Step by step, you'll get there. You'll get tired of me saying, "patience", but.... what other choice is there? Good luck, I know you can do this, Diss. Step by step wins the race.
Joined? Well, I gained 60 pounds from 2012 until earlier this year. I actually lost the 60 I gained.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Joined? Well, I gained 60 pounds from 2012 until earlier this year. I actually lost the 60 I gained.
Well, congrats on that! Keep up the good work. Yeah, I didn't see that you joined way back in 2006. I thought it was just a couple of years ago.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
I'm struggling to lose 14 LOL

Great stuff mate

Old 12-23-2015, 07:35 PM

477 posts, read 314,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Again this seems like a sore spot for you. And what's with your disdain for single people and being single in general. Has this been something that has personally happened to you or something?
Again, I already conceded to being a hypothetical toad, the ugly chic in the room, a -25 on a 1 to 10 scale... now address the points and questions I raised, if you can. Or don't

Old 12-23-2015, 07:58 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Do you mind me asking if your doing anything that will boost your confidence when it comes to the women for example gym?

I only ask as you have some qualities about you that I'm sure women would like about you mate.
If they get too close, they'll get poked in the eye by the chip on his shoulder.

He is smart and witty...dunno why he thinks no one will like him.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:32 PM

I'm not getting from BrowningPoeFrost that she has something against singles. She's addressing the issue of some people emphasizing looks in their search for a partner, to the point that personality doesn't register much on their radar, or not enough to influence their perceptions of someone's attractiveness. That's certainly relevant to this discussion/thread topic.

However, now that a couple of posters have clarified their positions on that, I can see how with some guys, it's not necessarily about "hotties", exactly. Still, I can't really relate to it. I'm with Dewdrop, who said that the guys she meets are, for her, blank slates until she gets to know them.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If they get too close, they'll get poked in the eye by the chip on his shoulder.

He is smart and witty...dunno why he thinks no one will like him.
You think I'm smart and witty? I'm surprised since we aren't exactly drinking buddies you would say this.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Not trolling the thread, don't care what others do it's their business, I'm simply stating an opinion that is dissenting among this thread, so what that doesn't make it trolling. Nor does it invalidate anything I've said. Live your life the way you want.
If you "don't care" so much, why have you restated your opinion so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships