Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 02:10 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,168,157 times

Advertisements

Any woman - or man - who doesn't work & also brings nothing to the table financially is simply an entitled freeloader & would bring nothing to a marriage. I almost got married to a woman like this, and am fortunate that I got out of that situation before it was too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 06:24 AM

5,376 posts, read 3,570,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Marriage means little, children means everything
what an old chestnut that is.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:29 AM

5,428 posts, read 4,434,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The OP has never held a job, has no schooling and lives at home.

You would be a burden to most men, you have no life experience.

A marriage is a partnership, where skill sets are combined.

You need to learn some type of skill.
No life experience at pushing 30? That's kind of a big deal. If she's able to manage a household well, that could be appealing to some men. Some men need a good household manager type wife. If she is doing the household management tasks for her parents, that is some experience for a marriage.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:34 AM

5,428 posts, read 4,434,183 times
Yes, you can get married after age 30. Many people do. But these marriages have a different dynamic than relationships that formed earlier in life.

With relationships that begin later in life, you have less time to grow together. By the time you have met, you are somewhat set in your ways, whereas if you had met earlier in life, there would have been more time to grow together. This brings out its own set of challenges and some can perceive this as less satisfying. A later in life successful LTR or first marriage is better than unsatisfying short term relationships or almost no dates.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:34 PM

5,291 posts, read 5,217,330 times
Why dont you go meet this guy? You both want the same thing it seems.

So tired of being alone at Christmas

Old 12-25-2015, 04:29 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,391,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Yes, you can get married after age 30. Many people do. But these marriages have a different dynamic than relationships that formed earlier in life.

With relationships that begin later in life, you have less time to grow together. By the time you have met, you are somewhat set in your ways, whereas if you had met earlier in life, there would have been more time to grow together. This brings out its own set of challenges and some can perceive this as less satisfying. A later in life successful LTR or first marriage is better than unsatisfying short term relationships or almost no dates.
true if u get married at 30 or 40, u may only live with the person for 40 or 50 years of ur life rather than 60... wtf are u talking about?

Old 12-25-2015, 09:16 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,604,145 times
It couldn't have anything to do with you being 30 and having the screen name "disneygogetter," could it?

Old 12-25-2015, 09:17 PM

741 posts, read 477,824 times
I am turning 25 and totally thought I would be married with kids by now. I would say try online dating, and if you really want marriage try the serious sites like match and Eharmony. Don't give up just work harder

Old 12-25-2015, 09:19 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I am almost 30 and I would have liked to have been married by 25 but it never happened so going on 30 not sure if it will happen. But it had me thinking, is it alright to get married after 30 or even older? You always see young people as young as teens getting married if not people in their 20s get married. Part of me thinks I won't ever get married and it hurts to see everyone else going up the ladder and I am still at the bottom.
What planet are you from, OP? Who worries that they'll never get married after 30? Are you from a conservative part of the country? Is there a lot of pressure to get married early where you live? If so, you need to relocate.

At 30, you're only just coming into your own; you know yourself much better than you did in your 20's, and so you can now make decisions that are more sound. A lot of those 20's marriages are over by the 30's. Consider yourself fortunate to have avoided that.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:24 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
I think part of the problem is your "up the ladder" analogy, I'm not sure if you are wanting to get married is a goal, or if you are lonely and want some companionship or are just competing with the joneses.

I'd refrain from assigning a "life failure" stigma by not being married by a certain age. Just forget about all of that shyt and just do what you want, if you want to get married, fine, but it's ok to not be married, if you do get married and it's later in life, so what, I guess I'm not really sure based on your OP what you're more upset about, marriage or all of the surrounding feelings and ideas about marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships