Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 09:44 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Boys in their teens= hot girl who will have sex with them.
Boys in college= hot girl who will have sex with them.
Boys in their 20s= hot girl who will have sex with them.
Boys in their 30s and up= hot girl who will have sex with them.

See how that works?

Sadly, moonbeam is all too right. A wise man once said men have two brains and the dominant one is not in their head.

As an addition, I should have mentioned in the OP that most of the girls/women providing these opinions were in their early-mid 20's and predominantly white, at least from their avatars.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:49 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
I won't lie I tend to like tall, muscular men, but I like fades or bald heads(don't need a head full of thick hair). I've liked pretty boy/feminine faces in the past.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:56 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, we told him to get a dog and start walking it in the local dog park in the evenings.

He's one of those guys who gets in his own way, though. He becomes paralyzed around attractive women, even if (or especially if) they make a move for him. He said he had some bad experiences in HS with people laughing at him or something, and hasn't been able to deal with women ever since. So he needs a shrink.

But his case goes to show that money isn't a magic bullet.
Yep, this is me too. I've considered a dog as well. But I'm not sure I want all the added responsibility. I have a cat now, which doesn't get me out of the house, but I can travel for a weekend and not worry too much. I'm also paralyzed by beautiful women. It really sucks. I meet the OP requirements except I can't judge myself on looks. Thats so subjective anyway. Also, the confident part in #4 I fall short on, which is the biggest issue.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:04 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,215 times
I'm 41, and I think the older you get, the less people care about appearances. We're all getting old and ugly LOL I would say as a woman, the most important things I value in men are kindness, sincerity, loyalty, shared interests and values, and a love of adventure.

I would want my man to be financially secure as well

Old 12-24-2015, 10:24 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
My experience says women are much less concerned with men's hairlines than men are.
Been shaving my head since about 22-23, hasn't hurt me a lick.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yep, this is me too. I've considered a dog as well. But I'm not sure I want all the added responsibility. I have a cat now, which doesn't get me out of the house, but I can travel for a weekend and not worry too much. I'm also paralyzed by beautiful women. It really sucks. I meet the OP requirements except I can't judge myself on looks. Thats so subjective anyway. Also, the confident part in #4 I fall short on, which is the biggest issue.

The CW Channel has done such a disservice to ordinary guys because, well... look at the men in the lineup that forms the bulk of their primetime---guys in their mid-20's that are better looking than the women. I mean who can compete with Steven R McQueen and yes, he's the grandson of the late, great actor only much better looking. CW's audience is primarily female and these girls in the 20's-30's are being conditioned to accept nothing less than a bad-boy Damon (Ian Somerhalder) of Vampire Diaries in their quest for the perfect guy. Nice guys write all the time about how they approached a pretty girl in a public place and said hi only to be given the cold shoulder. I mean they weren't even given a chance to introduce themselves and chat a little to let the girl size them up. One look and that was it far as the girl was concerned.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I'm 41, and I think the older you get, the less people care about appearances. We're all getting old and ugly LOL I would say as a woman, the most important things I value in men are kindness, sincerity, loyalty, shared interests and values, and a love of adventure.

I would want my man to be financially secure as well

If only--- IF ONLY things were reversed and girls 18-30 valued these things first and then the superficial things in old age. How perfect life would have been for me when I was young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Been shaving my head since about 22-23, hasn't hurt me a lick.

In fact, if you look like Jason Statham shaving is a definite plus.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:33 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
People are more than a sum of their parts. It's the combination that matters, and different combinations matter to different people. /shrug

Is the tall, handsome, well built, rich, confidant funny, intelligent, caring guy (girl) going to have any easier time dating? Of course.

It's the same in everything, in school some people have to study more than others, some people make friends easier, some are funnier, some are better looking.... etc.,etc.

If you emphasize your good points and don't dwell on your negatives, your life will be much better.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships