Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 03:20 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,456,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How on earth is she going to meet high-quality men and a find better social circle if you are recommending she become a STRIPPER? I don't think the "homemaking skills" you are prescribing will do much to cancel that out.

Unreal.
I did not tell her to become a stripper. I told her that it is a path. It's not an easy path. But, can you tell me a way that a 22 year old high school graduate can make more money than being a stripper?

Anyway, in a strip club, if it is a nice one, she could meet some high earning men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 03:24 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
OP-I really hope that you take to heart a lot of what I'm about to say. You should view 2016 as a time to reform your life. These are the things you need to consider.

1. I hope that you have gotten the proper medical attention for the abuse you have suffered. Concussions can have lasting impacts. I hope that you have signed up for a plan under the Affordable Care Act (popularly known as Obamacare) and can receive medical attention because a job at McDonald's likely does not provide medical coverage to its employees.

2. I hope you have made contact with a women's shelter for assistance going forward. You need counseling and therapy visits. Low cost ones too. They might know the resources.

3. Under no circumstances are you to interact with any man who lays a hand on you in a non loving way. Zero tolerance for violence should be the your personal policy.

4. You need to change your circumstances. While it is admirable that you hold a job, you have finished high school, and you have not given birth to a child, you need to do whatever it takes to get out of the current situation.

A-In changing circumstances, you need to step away from your family. You need to look out for yourself first.

B-You need to look at some different training options. I'm not one to suggest college because college isn't for everyone. When looking at your writing, it is barely passable to get out of high school. With your writing, I have seen grammar, punctuation, spelling, and syntax errors that do not demonstrate a strong command of the English language. This is not entirely your fault, as the K-12 public education system that you went through likely failed to hold you to a high enough standard. I would suggest a remedial writing skills/English course. Strong communication skills are the foundation of finding a job that provides a more livable wage than fast food work. There's nothing wrong with doing fast food work for a short time when you are in high school as a summer job or a part time job while you are finishing up your last year or two of high school, but this is not sustainable over a long period of time. You're not interacting with a strong pool of companions in fast food work. Also, if you ever decide that you want to pursue a college degree, you are going to need to have stronger writing skills to get through college.

C-If you don't go to college, and don't want to work in low wage service sector jobs like working at McDonald's, you need to seriously consider moving to a city like Charlotte or Atlanta and becoming a stripper. Stripping provides more money. Many strippers with a high school education outearn women who spent 4 years in college for degrees like Psychology or Sociology. Depending upon the strip club, certain strippers can outearn female engineers or lawyers. This is not an easy path. But there's money to be made there.

5. If you decide to go to college, major in something useful. It should be science or engineering based. Business is debatable. Say no to a liberal arts major or a major ending in the word "Studies", such as Interdisciplinary Studies.

6. You should learn some good homemaking skills. Many men desire a woman that can help them around the house. These are high quality men that you should be looking to marrying.

7. Considering #4 (improving your own circumstances), you need to evaluate the people that you hang out with socially. Choose to hang out with good people.
Jesus. OP, ignore this ridiculous "advice".

Old 12-31-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Jesus. OP, ignore this ridiculous "advice".
The stripper option is optional. I told her it wasn't an easy path. Of course, you had to pick the part of what I wrote that is most controversial. That's the path that will probably bring in the most amount of money fastest for her.

Let me ask you this: if you are a female, would you rather be a stripper or work at McDonald's?

Old 12-31-2015, 03:31 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I just don't get what's wrong with me and why I attract sertain kinds of guys. The first guy I ever dated was perfect and the first guy I was ever with physically. He had never raised a hand to me but then in the last few months of our relationships the beatings got pretty bad. Then I didn't date anybody for a while but the last two guys I got involved with hit me. So bad I had a concushion.

Like I consider myself nice and normal. I don't look for trouble or start fights and I honestly try not to be confrontational. They always seem like nice guys in the beginning. I don't know what happens. I tried googling information and it says guys that do that stuff are attracted to girls that aren't confident. Well I'm not super duper confident but I don't think I have no self confidence.

I just don't know what to do. I want to date and eventually find true love, but love without violence because all that does is hurt and make me feel bad. I look for warning signs but don't see any. I just want to date someone who doesn't do that.

Thank you in advance for help and merry christmas!
The key to no longer attracting those types is you have got to start genuinely loving yourself, have higher self-esteem, and set better standards. Also, if a person you're interested in reminds you of the any negative aspects of an ex-boyfriend, run in the other direction and don't look back. The negatives will generally outweigh the positive(s). If you don't do any of those things, you're going to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:38 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,032,508 times
Quote:
The stripper option is optional. I told her it wasn't an easy path. Of course, you had to pick the part of what I wrote that is most controversial. That's the path that will probably bring in the most amount of money fastest for her.

Let me ask you this: if you are a female, would you rather be a stripper or work at McDonald's?
I would rather work at mcdonalds if those are the only two options.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:45 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
Quote:

Optional. lol.
The rest was reasonable.
A woman who claims to make poor choices with men, you suggest she enters into the world of stripping? Are you serious?

I already told you it was ridiculous, so which one do you think I'd pick?

Old 12-31-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Optional. lol.
The rest was reasonable.
A woman who claims to make poor choices with men, you suggest she enters into the world of stripping? Are you serious?

I already told you it was ridiculous, so which one do you think I'd pick?
First off, I appreciate the acknowledgement that outside of the stripper aside option that I laid out, that the rest of my argument was reasonable.

The stripping path doesn't mean she's making a bad choice. It would really be what she were to make of it. If she were to strip to remove herself from a bad situation at home and earn money to get herself a science or engineering degree from a public university with in-state tuition in order to better her life and enhance her long term earning and dating options, being a stripper isn't the worst choice in the world. But she'd really have to be on the straight and narrow and make good financial decisions and life choices while stripping. At the current rate, if she stays at McDonald's working at the store level, she faces a more difficult life and less options in her social circle, and this hurts her dating pool options. She needs to make choices which will help her long term.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:51 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
First off, I appreciate the acknowledgement that outside of the stripper aside option that I laid out, that the rest of my argument was reasonable.

The stripping path doesn't mean she's making a bad choice. It would really be what she were to make of it. If she were to strip to remove herself from a bad situation at home and earn money to get herself a science or engineering degree from a public university with in-state tuition in order to better her life and enhance her long term earning and dating options, being a stripper isn't the worst choice in the world. But she'd really have to be on the straight and narrow and make good financial decisions and life choices while stripping. At the current rate, if she stays at McDonald's working at the store level, she faces a more difficult life and less options in her social circle, and this hurts her dating pool options. She needs to make choices which will help her long term.
Women who make bad choices in men are just going have even more opportunities to make even more bad choices in that area if they become strippers.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Women who make bad choices in men are just going have even more opportunities to make even more bad choices in that area if they become strippers.
The OP has to break a cycle of negativity. She has interrelated problems from what I can see. She has a romantic relationships problem as she has dated physically abusive men. But she also has a low socioeconomic problem. Working at McDonald's and dealing with the family she has are contributing to her socioeconomic problem. Stripping is a solution to economic component of the socioeconomic problem, but you have to wonder if she is equipped to handle the massive increase in money? Can she make good decisions, both financially and in terms of dating men, if she goes that direction?

She does need to improve her working skill set in some fashion, which will in tandem raise her socioeconomic standing. This will enable her to attract higher quality men. She actually has some work experience to her credit (5 years at McDonald's under the right circumstances can be marketed to future employers) and she is not a single mother. Not being a single mother will help her in terms of dating. I think she probably could use some remedial course work and maybe a training skill set outside of a 4 year college. There are careers out there in which she can support herself without a 4 year degree. This career progression will help her meet better men.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:39 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Quote:
I did not tell her to become a stripper. I told her that it is a path. It's not an easy path. But, can you tell me a way that a 22 year old high school graduate can make more money than being a stripper?

Anyway, in a strip club, if it is a nice one, she could meet some high earning men.
Unbelievable simplify nomsense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships