Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2015, 02:23 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Don't lie about your age to attract women who are looking for men *not* your age.

The women you are deceiving are actual human beings, even if they are "just" online. I am not sure why you think they deserve it to be lied to, but not the people you meet in real life. Isn't the idea to meet them and start a real-life relationship? Good luck with that when they realize your first act was to make fools of them. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Now we know what kind of person you really are, I guess. Dishonest... on top of everything else.
Well, I mean lying is okay if you're just trying to get laid. But it sounds like OP would want way more than that.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:37 PM

92 posts, read 127,335 times
I never understood why people lie about their age on their profiles. If a woman is 40 but says she is 36, that isn't such a big deal. I've met a women online who said she was 36 but was actually 39.

That was the least of my problems. She spent the date telling me about how her divorce proceedings were going, how unhappy she was and how she needed a long term relationship. I knew all this within the first hour of meeting her.

She was astonished at how upbeat, positive, and happy I was. There was no second date. Lol

Old 12-27-2015, 02:39 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Are you actually looking for an honest relationship or a baby maker, though? Because I get the impression that the woman is secondary, and you just want to pass on your genes.

If you really are 47, maybe you need to recalibrate your expectations in life.

Don't lie about your age. Any quality woman would drop you the second she finds out, and it isn't going to stop the older women from messaging you.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:40 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOCFP View Post
I never understood why people lie about their age on their profiles. If a woman is 40 but says she is 36, that isn't such a big deal. I've met a women online who said she was 36 but was actually 39.

That was the least of my problems. She spent the date telling me about how her divorce proceedings were going, how unhappy she was and how she needed a long term relationship. I knew all this within the first hour of meeting her.

She was astonished at how upbeat, positive, and happy I was. There was no second date. Lol
I don't understand why anyone lies about their age, period. I love telling people my age.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:44 PM

92 posts, read 127,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I don't understand why anyone lies about their age, period. I love telling people my age.
In dating terms, I think some people do it because they think that "once they get a foot in the door" the other person won't mind that they fudged the numbers a little in order to get a date. It's the same reasoning that compels people to post old pics of themselves or photos of others.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:44 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Quote:
Are you actually looking for an honest relationship or a baby maker, though? Because I get the impression that the woman is secondary, and you just want to pass on your genes.

Don't lie about your age. Any quality woman would drop you the second she finds out, and it isn't going to stop the older women from messaging you.
It is funny. Most single guys I meet want to prevent pregnancies, not want to cause pregnancies.

I agree about not lying about age.

I think he's better off meeting women in person. Get that in person experience right away.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:31 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default Have A Happy Jolly Merry JESUSmas ATL

14 pages and 136 posts. ATL I have no magic bullets for you that will solve all of your problems , but Ruth 4Truth gave you the best advice... it's locate,location,location...I'm born and rised in Metro tulsa oklahoma, but have lived in CA for 35 years.Karma is doing a Job on you , you reject Women and Women are constantly rejecting you and you will have more competition for the Ladies inATL.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:48 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOCFP View Post
In dating terms, I think some people do it because they think that "once they get a foot in the door" the other person won't mind that they fudged the numbers a little in order to get a date. It's the same reasoning that compels people to post old pics of themselves or photos of others.
I don't know why people do that! I went on a date with someone who lied about their height by 20cm! I couldn't get past it even though we had lovely conversations prior to meeting. People should just be honest!

Old 12-27-2015, 03:54 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
I've dumped every online date who confessed to lying about his age. I busted a couple too. I have no time for scumbag liars.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:09 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times
Quote:

What's wrong with wanting to pass on his genes?

This is why I think it's a good idea that OP either figures out a way to date much younger or goes overseas. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man trying to date younger. Women his own age are all but infertile (and, yes, I'm sure you know someone that gave birth when she was 97 years old.....but that's the exception, not the rule).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
14 pages and 136 posts. ATL I have no magic bullets for you that will solve all of your problems , but Ruth 4Truth gave you the best advice... it's locate,location,location...I'm born and rised in Metro tulsa oklahoma, but have lived in CA for 35 years.Karma is doing a Job on you , you reject Women and Women are constantly rejecting you and you will have more competition for the Ladies inATL.
There is no such thing karma. OP would have been rejected by the same women whether or not he rejected any particular woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
I don't know why people do that! I went on a date with someone who lied about their height by 20cm! I couldn't get past it even though we had lovely conversations prior to meeting. People should just be honest!
I believe that you are the one that I was talking to yesterday that specifically stated that you only date tall, good-looking guys online (and IRL).

Would you have responded if you knew his height? Unlikely. So, in this case, he was pretty much on the money. Wouldn't you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I've dumped every online date who confessed to lying about his age. I busted a couple too. I have no time for scumbag liars.
It depends on what you're looking for. I lie online all the time because I use dating sites exclusively for sex. I have absolutely no connection to them IRL so it won't affect me and I have no interest in anything long-term with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships