Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 07:17 PM

741 posts, read 478,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionsRGood View Post
This is the old "it's not you, it's me" excuse. He is nice to let you down easy rather than rip your heart out of your chest. Always remember that if a man really likes you he will do anything to be with you. If this guy wants to "take a break" from you, it's a done deal. He's gone. Listen to your therapist and move on.
But why would he do that? I mean we were great together. Things were great, only thing that wasn't great was him going through all this divorce stuff. So are you saying you think there is like absolutely no chance of us ever working it out and getting back together??

Why would he leave that door open then? I mean I have been heartbroken a million times so this one would be crappy but nothing that I am not familiar with. I don't know why he would say he wants to make me his gf when he is divorced, if he didn't mean it? Sorry I am not trying to be difficult I just want clarity, because I really really really want this to work so badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
He's not "your person" (your term), he's still married.
It even sounds like he's still living with his wife (needs to get his own place and a car??).

Focus on school and working on your self esteem.
He moved back home with his parents when they separated and gave her the vehicle because she has their child most of the time.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:32 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Why do so many "men/women" (and I use those terms lightly) do this pretend break off thing when the just want to break it off.

I am sorry OP...but there are other fish in the sea...even if you aren't the best fisher.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Why do so many "men/women" (and I use those terms lightly) do this pretend break off thing when the just want to break it off.

I am sorry OP...but there are other fish in the sea...even if you aren't the best fisher.
Why do you think it is the absolute end?

Old 12-25-2015, 07:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
No one knows for certain if it is the ABSOLUTE end. But that's not what you should be concerned with. He wants a break, which means he NEEDS you to back off.

Quote:
.... I really really really want this to work so badly.
Why?

Old 12-25-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
95%

sorry I think its a crappy thing to say to someone. I don't know about you but I would rather someone just be honest. I mean think about it. If you were really into someone, like it might go someplace serious...do you want to spend time away from them at all?

Old 12-25-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
95%

sorry I think its a crappy thing to say to someone. I don't know about you but I would rather someone just be honest. I mean think about it. If you were really into someone, like it might go someplace serious...do you want to spend time away from them at all?
If I was still married I might need total time away from them

Old 12-25-2015, 07:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Some people just don't want to say that outright, so they fudge and call it a break, or breather.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No one knows for certain if it is the ABSOLUTE end. But that's not what you should be concerned with. He wants a break, which means he NEEDS you to back off.

Why?
Yeah I do need to take a step back I guess. Ugh thats so stressful like what am I going to do!? I am freaking out, how boring, what if I don't meet someone? How long can I wait for him to get his life together? Can I check in like maybe monthly? He said he would keep me updated about his divorce and stuff. I am really just freaking out so much right now.

Why do I really want it to work? Because we were great together, because I am almost 25 with out any serious relationship, because I want to be married soon and have a family and he could be my person who gives me marriage and babies, because I have CP and use a cane and even though I guess I am pretty guys aren't like lining up to date me, because if I go back online I have to weed through douchey men who want to have sex with me but won't call back after and it was nice to have someone who wasn't like that, because if I decide not to use online dating then I will just be twiddling my thumbs waiting on someone to be interested in me and hoping they are a decent man who wants a family (and since I am almost 25 and I have been waiting on that for like the last 5 years I am not super hopeful it'll happen even with the help of every single dating website I didn't find it until him), and being that I am in grad school (and I am an idiot who picked a female dominated career) there aren't a ton of men in my classes and I am terrified that I am graduating in May and I will not find someone in my work (where ever that ends up being).

I also don't believe I can be happy if I never get to experience marriage and having a baby and so I need for it to happen. I really don't want to be an "old" wife and mother and I am already like knocking on 25's door.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Only if you had unfinished business with your ex and weren't fully feelings strongly for your new mate. Im sorry. Keep looking...don't be a girl waiting on a hook if he decides he wants you to come running back. Chances are, he isn't as into you as you are in to him.

Think about how strongly you feel for him. How badly does it hurt to be away from him. That is how a strong start feels. He sent feeling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships