Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 08:47 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Your problems are relatively severe and not conducive to an adult relationship. She will figure this out when/if you ever go on a date, so if I were you I wouldn't attempt dating at this time. Give yourself a few years to mature and gain some emotional stability and confidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 09:15 AM

524 posts, read 521,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Your problems are relatively severe and not conducive to an adult relationship. She will figure this out when/if you ever go on a date, so if I were you I wouldn't attempt dating at this time. Give yourself a few years to mature and gain some emotional stability and confidence.
This is exactly what I was going to say.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:59 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The problem with this is some people never "mature." Take a few years off and you run the risk of being in the exact same spot. Just a few years older...and unfortunately we don't stay young forever.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:03 PM

18 posts, read 11,669 times
Hey everyone, this might not mean much but today in Uni class, This Girl sat near me when there were 3-4 empty tables nearby, she is really shy, she doesn't have close friends from what I gather in my course. Anyway I catch her looking at me from the corner of my eye quite frequently, but as soon as I look, she looks away straight away. She was also adjusting her clothing occasionally too.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:33 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMCobain1995 View Post
Hey everyone, this might not mean much but today in Uni class, This Girl sat near me when there were 3-4 empty tables nearby, she is really shy, she doesn't have close friends from what I gather in my course. Anyway I catch her looking at me from the corner of my eye quite frequently, but as soon as I look, she looks away straight away. She was also adjusting her clothing occasionally too.
Did you say hello and introduce yourself? Is this the same girl or another one? Really. You need to learn some basic good manners. Always say hello.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Did you say hello and introduce yourself? Is this the same girl or another one? Really. You need to learn some basic good manners. Always say hello.
This is a good point. "Manners" sounds like old fuddy-duddy stuff, but actually, "Manners" were invented so that people wouldn't even have to think of what to do, they'd just automatically do certain things in certain situations, and it helped make everyone comfortable. So if she sits next to you, turn to her, offer to shake hands, and say, "Hi, I'm (name). What do you think of this class?" or "how did you do with the last assignment" or whatever. An opener. Just say something. She'll be relieved.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
She weren't sitting right next too me, she was sitting near enough by me, and besides she walked into class late when the tutor was speaking. Lmao at you telling me to get good manners, you don't even know me in real life or anything.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:18 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMCobain1995 View Post
She weren't sitting right next too me, she was sitting near enough by me, and besides she walked into class late when the tutor was speaking. Lmao at you telling me to get good manners, you don't even know me in real life or anything.
No we don't know you in real life, but it seems you lack the social skills (a.k.a. good manners) that you need to get a date with a girl who obviously likes you. That's why you posted on this forum. We're trying to help you.

Get a book on etiquette, perhaps?

Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
If this is a totally different girl, you are probably imagining that these girls are checking you out.

If it is the same girl, and she was looking at you the way she said (and assuming the things you said in your first post actually happened), then she is into you. All you have to do is say hi and start talking about pretty much anything. Then you can ask her to do something with you.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:17 PM

It's the same Girl. I have suffered with social Anxiety, I'm getting better around people, but I just freak out around women that I like, she's still giving me signs. I want to say something but it's awkward because I haven't talked in a while. It ain't a different girl at all Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships