Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 03:04 PM

22,561 posts, read 47,614,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree87 View Post
FRIENDS, exactly. She is NOT his friend. He doesn't even know her. He only 'knows' her through Instagram. That's a huge difference.
So why are you so jealous and insecure?

Makes no sense.

Maybe you should not be any relationship until you get that under control....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 03:15 PM

44 posts, read 133,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOCFP View Post
So you are more comfortable that he hangs out with people he knows but less comfortable just liking an account of someone he doesn't (which is much safer than hanging out with someone). Which one of these situations is potentially more dangerous?

It's not like he has an account that's secret. It may be work related. She may be a lead that can get him more business or exposure. I accept friend requests from people on my Facebook account who I barely know. It doesn't mean anything.

You are overthinking this and letting your mind race without any concrete evidence.

Yes, because I trust his word. Like if he tells me he has dinner with X it's okay because I know her and I trust that there is nothing (of course it would be different if he would have dinner with X four times a week). Everything that's open is okay. I have male friends too, and I tell my SO about it. I don't go to Instagram though and follow a random guy's profile from my city and like various of his pictures. I don't know, even if it's totally innocent, I feel like a guy in a relationship shouldn't do that. It for sure isn't work related because she mentions her profession in her profile page and it's completely different from my boyfriend's job.

Maybe my mind is racing so much because less than a year ago he did something that damaged my trust a bit. He met a girl at a party who just moved here, exchanged phone numbers with her, talked to her on WhatsApp for around two weeks and met up with her for lunch. He even took a picture arm in arm with her which he put on his computer and then to his trash folder, but I found it. He didn't tell me anything about this (I remember that exact day he went for lunch with her and I asked him that day 'How was lunch' and he literally said 'Good, had a quick lunch outside in the sun'), but I found out and he apologized and said nothing happened. He said she was just a nice girl who didn't have any friends yet so he wanted to be nice. Still not okay at all. I guess I'm scared that a thing like this happened again.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Just reading about your constant insecurity and snooping is tiring, I cannot imagine what it is like to have to deal with this dramatics on a daily basis in real life.
You need to seek professional therapy and stay out of any type of relationship until you have things under control and learn how to quit snooping.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
He even took a picture arm in arm with her which he put on his computer and then to his trash folder, but I found it.
Do you snoop a lot?

Have you ever heard of the "self-fulfilling prophecy"?

Old 12-26-2015, 03:50 PM

44 posts, read 133,622 times
Just FYI, I only snooped because I was using his phone (he was next to me, made me use the calculator) and she texted him in that moment 'It was so nice seeing you yesterday' 'Would love to do that again'. I think most women would snoop in that case. Not staying out of a relationship and not seeking professional help because I don't need it.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:31 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Just FYI, I only snooped because I was using his phone (he was next to me, made me use the calculator) and she texted him in that moment 'It was so nice seeing you yesterday' 'Would love to do that again'. I think most women would snoop in that case. Not staying out of a relationship and not seeking professional help because I don't need it.
And what did he say about her when you asked him right there as she texted him?

Old 12-26-2015, 05:41 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
It sounds like this boyfriend can't be trusted. I don't think I can trust this guy.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:34 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
You need to talk to your boyfriend and tell him exactly how you feel. Perhaps, the both of you can figure out a way to ease your concerns/insecurities.

Talk to him!

Old 12-26-2015, 07:59 PM

645 posts, read 750,033 times
never understood why people use instagram....seems pointless to put pics up daily just for likes and attention..it seems kinda pathetic..if you are in a relationship its probably better that both off you don't use it just to save yourself from the drama and problems that could arise from it

Old 12-27-2015, 06:51 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
never understood why people use instagram....seems pointless to put pics up daily just for likes and attention..it seems kinda pathetic..if you are in a relationship its probably better that both off you don't use it just to save yourself from the drama and problems that could arise from it
A lot of people use IG to interact with others who share the same hobbies, causes, or interests. Not sure how that's pathetic.

Anyway OP, you are grasping at straws here. Either you trust your boyfriend or you don't. What are you going to do about it? Insist that he stop following this girl? Break up with him? No, you won't do either of those things. Instead, you will let it chip away at your relationship.

BTW, aren't you the one who lives in England with your Eastern European boyfriend?? Yeah, this issue is the least of your problems. The two of you should have broken up a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships