Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 05:51 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Okay then why flirt?! That makes no sense and he hinted
Maybe hes bored and waiting for the burgers to cook?

Listen, if he was interested in hooking up with you, he would have done so. There's just something about you he doesn't find all that attractive enough to take you home to bed.

If I were you, Id concentrate on customer orders

See folks, this why they get your drive thru orders screwed up, Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 05:51 PM

92 posts, read 127,315 times
Also, next time my order at McDonalds takes forever, I'm going to shout out "Stop flirting and asking each other out and focus on my order!"

I can't ask to speak to the manager because he is the conductor on the flirt train.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:54 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Quote:
But then why flirt with me and the hints
Sometimes at work I harmlessly flirt/harass gals that I'm not interested in just to build allies.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:03 PM

484 posts, read 560,564 times
Most businesses (and especially franchises like McDonalds) have rules about relationships in the office. If someone is dating someone else, it can cause hard feelings, because even if you "don't tell," other people will figure it out. Dating someone else who does the drive through is one thing, and probably allowed. A supervisor dating someone who is line staff (someone who is supervised) is absolutely not okay -- because it can lead to break down in the morale of the working team. Some people will claim that the girlfriend of the supervisor gets the best shifts, gets to take off more time, gets more raises, etc. Whether it is true or not, there are always people who would prefer to stir up trouble, rather than paying attention only to work during work hours.

Sexual harassment is a related issue. I'm assuming you haven't had sexual harassment training. You will someday. In the meantime, sexual harassment is when sexual comments are made or people feel uncomfortable because of sexual joking, comments, pictures, unwanted attention. It can be between two people who do the same types of jobs (like you and the other people who staff the drive through). It can also happen if there is a supervisor that starts coming on to people below them in rank. The worst is when a direct supervisor is doing it. This is a huge issue in the workplace. Businesses and individual staffers have been sued over it.

The purpose of business is to make money, not provide a place for people to meet possible girlfriends/boyfriends. Because businesses have had all kinds of problems when people who were dating each other broke up, or people who were dating gave favors to people they were supervising, most businesses have decided to cut their losses, and will state right in the personnel handbook that it is not ok to date people at work, and it is usually grounds for firing a supervisor who is dating, or trying to date, the people he or she supervises.

You state that "I would never tell." That tells me that you know that a dating relationship with your supervisor would have to be hidden. If he's an interesting guy, trust me, there are other women at work who were noticing him and saw the two of you flirting. Maybe he made a mistake with flirting with you, but he's taking steps to make clear to you that that kind of relationship isn't going to happen. He's protecting his job and trying to protect yours as well. Keep pursing him, asking him for reasons why he won't go out with you, and making google eyes at him, and he will avoid you no matter what. If you want him to act more naturally around you at work, cool it, give him distance and treat him the way you would a 75 year old female manager that you don't know very well.

And cultivate friendships and potential dating relationships outside of work, so that you've got a new guy or two or three to keep your imagination occupied.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:16 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Maybe hes bored and waiting for the burgers to cook?

Listen, if he was interested in hooking up with you, he would have done so. There's just something about you he doesn't find all that attractive enough to take you home to bed.

If I were you, Id concentrate on customer orders

See folks, this why they get your drive thru orders screwed up, Lol
I promise there was nobody in the drive thru. I had my head set on

Old 12-28-2015, 06:18 PM

38 posts, read 28,049 times
He's not interested. You should not ask a man out.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:20 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
But then why flirt with me and the hints
It's fun to flirt when you "know" nothing's gonna happen - it's safe. Ignore him - he doesn't want to go out with a coworker and who would blame him - don't prove him right by continuing to pursue your crush.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:21 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
There wasnt no customers. Just two eating inside that didn't need nothing. Plus I was trying to catch him before he left
Honey, if you have time to leave the drive through and run outside to catch your manager before he leaves to ask him on a date........
you have time to scrub the bathroom, or the sink, or straighten the dining room, or mop the front area, or wipe down the counter, or refill the drink cups, or coffee cups or ice cream machine, or wash windows, or.......

Hopefully you will understand this completely because I will not write it again:

Focus on the duties you get paid a salary to perform and leave romance out of the work place.
No matter who *you think* but don't know for sure wants to take you to a movie focus on your job.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:23 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,614 times
He's your manager and you asked him out? Are ya serious? You don't see why that's not appropriate? I'm just curious, how old are you? And just for the heck of it, how old is your manager?

For future reference, it's always a bad idea to date coworkers. But its downright insane to date your boss. In both instances, you'll lose your job or have to leave as soon as the relationship goes bad. Not worth it if you like being employed!

Old 12-28-2015, 06:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
He did not like you after all.

He was being playful before, like a lot of people do at work, but now that you have taken it seriously and asked him out, he has withdrawn so as not to lead you on.

Don't try to change his mind. Just let it go, be normal and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships