Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:20 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,454,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I have ppl here that depend on me, my mom, my little siblings, my nephew. I'm the only one working.
It sounds like you have a lot of responsibility for a 22 year old. I would not have wanted to face that at age 22. How is it possible to financially support a mother, little siblings, and a nephew on the salary of McDonald's store-level employee?

This is far from an ideal situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 07:26 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I think she should date her boss. It's McDonald's at the store level. You are sort of expected to date co-workers in that work environment.
Really who cares it's not like she wouldn't be able to get another job at what she's getting paid now.

Could be a fun experience.

People making this out as some type of career position.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Really who cares it's not like she wouldn't be able to get another job at what she's getting paid now.

Could be a fun experience.

Part of the point of working store-level type retail/food service position is to date your co-workers. No other line of work allows you to do that. Try doing that as an Engineer or Accountant.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:44 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,190,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

It is, for him.

OP, I read your posting history. You are carrying too much on your shoulders, for such a young person - mostly for children others keep popping out (however, said poppers don't work). You cannot keep doing that. Life will grind you down and you will never have a chance to have your own life. It's not your fault that they had these kids. Nor is it your responsibility to work to death, in order to feed them.

I know you said your siblings and nephew depend on you - as does your non-working sister and non-working mother. Is it possible everyone would do better if you left for higher ground - and the state stepped in to help the little ones?

If you moved to a city with more job opportunities and a better selection of men - your life would be drastically better - and you would be more in a position of offering tangible help to your younger siblings that want to have a better life.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:45 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Part of the point of working store-level type retail/food service position is to date your co-workers. No other line of work allows you to do that. Try doing that as an Engineer or Accountant.
Good point. The restaurant business was always good for that also.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
It is, for him.

OP, I read your posting history. You are carrying too much on your shoulders, for such a young person - mostly for children others keep popping out (however, said poppers don't work). You cannot keep doing that. Life will grind you down and you will never have a chance to have your own life. It's not your fault that they had these kids. Nor is it your responsibility to work to death, in order to feed them.

I know you said your siblings and nephew depend on you - as does your non-working sister and non-working mother. Is it possible everyone would do better if you left for higher ground - and the state stepped in to help the little ones?

If you moved to a city with more job opportunities and a better selection of men - your life would be drastically better - and you would be more in a position of offering tangible help to your younger siblings that want to have a better life.
I think this is solid advice.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:51 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,135,932 times
Quote:
It sounds like you have a lot of responsibility for a 22 year old. I would not have wanted to face that at age 22. How is it possible to financially support a mother, little siblings, and a nephew on the salary of McDonald's store-level employee?

This is far from an ideal situation.
It's hard but we make it work. I think if I were just married my problems would jyat go away but even my pastor says I am wishfully thinking.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
It's hard but we make it work. I think if I were just married my problems would jyat go away but even my pastor says I am wishfully thinking.
Your pastor is on to something. A marriage will not make these problems go away.

In fact, a lot of high quality guys will not want to walk into a situation where you have a mother with the issues you've detailed that she has, along with your issues with siblings and nephews.

You might want to listen to the above poster who said that you leaving for a better situation is the right call, and leave the others in the control of the state. You have to look out for #1 in life. And you need to do what you can to have a long-term, fulfilling, and successful relationship. You need to find that person who will be with you forever. Who will love you forever and will be your soulmate. You are not currently on that path and you need to be there.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:46 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,630,968 times
Quote:
I talked to the guy I dated last and we might start over. He has issues with abuse so I'm still not sure. I'm hoping something else will come up. I'm just ready for another relationship. Two months ago I wasn't sure but now I really want to be with somebody. I don't know. Blah.
What do you mean by "issues with abuse"? Did he abuse you? If so, do not start over with him. Don't settle for an abuser just because you want to be with somebody. Someone worthwhile will come along eventually.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:04 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,135,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What do you mean by "issues with abuse"? Did he abuse you? If so, do not start over with him. Don't settle for an abuser just because you want to be with somebody. Someone worthwhile will come along eventually.
Yeah he's hit me a few times. I know it's dumb but I'm just lonely. In not back with it just thinking about it in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships