Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 06:43 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmrtt View Post
I loved it! It wss seversl years ago. We been talking since August and just really connected, fell for each other through the phone.It was now late September, finally decided to meet. I was nervous as hell too as I had little experience with women prior to this and haven't dated in years. So we meet, I hug her. Then we drove around, she talked my ear off but I loved it because yeah I was nervous. She was giddy and giggling like a shy school girl at times I thought that was so cute and never had a girl all giddy like that for me again. It was so great for us to finally be with each other. She's very photogenic but it person even more beautiful in person. First kiss was awesome... kinda like a movie. I have yet to be that smooth with a first kiss with other women I dated.

It was amazing! Didn't have enough time though and I hated it had to end. Just writing this makes me want to go back, where's a time machine when you need one lol. So yeah great first ever onine dating date. Most first dates I have off online dating are great but this one was definitely special!
so I wonder what the hell happened? Sounds like you two hit it off good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 09:18 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
First date from OLD, and first date 2 years after I was widowed: epic fail.

LOL. No. I knew as soon as I saw him it was a "no" and it went downhill from there.

Oddly, he thought it went great.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-29-2015, 09:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
I never use any online dating site because I happen to like staying alive and there are a lot of crazy people on OLD.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
My first date was a guy from Aol chat and he was very hot and out of my league.He said I looked like a young librarian. We were going to take his dog for a long walk and cook dinner together. Instead as I sat at his table he went on a long rant how his dad was awful.As the night went on, it was me whom made some excuse to leave.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:22 AM

13 posts, read 25,507 times
Not sure if it was my first online date but a few years ago I got a girls number the first night I signed on to match.com. Called her that night and had a good conversation that set up our first meet. She lived about 25 min away from me and I yelped for the best sushi place in her neighborhood. I picked her up. She looked hot as she did in her profile. I thought it was very trusting of her to get in my SUV but she did. Luckily, I'm a good guy.

We had a good/ fun dinner and drinks at a place called Sugarfish. I took her home and gave her little peck on the lips. Saw her about week later. She came to my house. Went to a movie and dinner. Things went a little further Ended up dating this girl for about a year.

Fast forward to another online (or app) met woman.. I was messing around on Tinder. Chatted with a girl for a few days, turned to texting and phone calls. Picked this girl up and immediately saw that she looked like an older and BIGGER version of the girl I saw in pics. Like way bigger. Dissaponted from the start and feld deceived. Still took her to dinner but never talked to her again. And never used Tinder again either.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:59 AM

434 posts, read 1,040,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
so I wonder what the hell happened? Sounds like you two hit it off good.
Oh it was good for a couple months and not so good for the rest. Her worse quality was she was cleaning me out. And there was several other things.But it was both of our faults it didn't work, actually maybe slightly more my fault. She's a amazing woman but yeah just didn't work between us.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:54 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
My first online date was in 2005, off of Plenty of Fish. I was fresh out of college; she was a little older. We met in just 10 days, which was very quick for that time (as opposed to being the norm today). It was a warm, breezy summer night. We went to a foxtrot dance class (my idea), where she did a little bit better than me, since she worked as a children's dance instructor. I got the idea from the "Blind Date" TV show, and she happy agreed when I suggested it. She even commented on how it's a great change of pace to be dancing in adult company. Afterwards, we went for drinks at a restaurant nearby. The date ended in a really nice hug --- more affectionate that I expected on a first date. But unfortunately, it all went nowhere after that. It was still a great first online date experience, though.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:59 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmrtt View Post
Oh it was good for a couple months and not so good for the rest. Her worse quality was she was cleaning me out. And there was several other things.But it was both of our faults it didn't work, actually maybe slightly more my fault. She's a amazing woman but yeah just didn't work between us.
I must interpreting "cleans me out" wrongly, coz this definitely would not be a bad thing!

Old 12-30-2015, 06:22 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Let's see if I can remember: It was 2004. It was a guy who went to the same elementary school that I did, but he was a few years younger than me. I thought he was hot. We talked on the phone a few times before meeting. We went to the mall and walked around. He didn't call me to ask me out again and I cried (yes, I l can laugh about it now...sorta. lol) I did not see him again until the following year. I went over to his house and we made out. That was my first kiss. The end.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I believe mine was meeting a girl at a restaurant. The problem was the family was with her lol. Yep mom, dad, and the brother all coming to meet me. It was with a girl I met through POF. She ended up having a diagnosis Schizoaffective disorder. So needless to say that never escalated into anything although I wish her the best and feel terrible for those that struggle with that kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships