Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:12 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

It's funny, this really sounds like something the Bounce-Back Kid from Chicago, our resident car salesman, would have happen to him, but I know you're not him, OP. Your predicament, and how it went down, remind me of him, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 12:26 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
I think if dating sites are reducing you to tears you probably shouldn't be on them.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:07 AM

98 posts, read 72,792 times
Well sure, they don't want stalkers on there.... if a woman expresses disinterest, leave her alone. If someone does not like you, do you follow them around asking them why? - normal behavior means you mirror them and go away in the opposite direction.

Just date offline - it's been working for hundreds of years and it's still available.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:20 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
That sux.....because she could've just blocked you...Match makes it easy. Dating sites are a great supplement to meet ladies. But....ya gotta get out there and meet folks. I met a lady via mutual friend....and while it's prob'ly not a long term thing.....we'll see.....she's sweet & lovely.

Get out there in your new town. Make friends. Have drinks. Get invited to dinner/parties. Fun stuff.

Dating sites are wonderful in that you go out and meet folks...by design. There are other avenues.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgandyHtown View Post
Hi folks. I joined match.com about 1 month ago to find love. I'm not one of those to go online and play games. Anyway I was talking to this one girl and soon she flaked. I didn't get abusive or disrespectful at all. Just really probing as to why she flaked because I wanted to understand. Well I guess all that questioning to her seemed weird and I guess she reported me to match.com for harassment. They closed my account.

I'm in a new city, no friends, no connections. I'm trying to find a gf. Match was a great way to get dates. It was working. But now I'm banned. Now what?

I've tried pof, okc, eharmony and even tinder. But I can safely conclude that match had the best quality of women and I got way more responses on match than the others combined. In fact, with match I could almost get 1-2 dates a week. Now I have none. On the other websites, I've been reduced to tears! On match, I could confidently message 10 and get 2 decent responses that led to dates.

Please suggest how I can get back on match. The morning they banned me I used another email to create a new account, but I used my same credit card. None of my 3 credit cards work now.

Will it work if I use a friend's credit card and new email? How do you think they are blocking people and recognizing if I would create a new account? Do they block by photos? Most likely it has to be by matching credit card names and running a query through a banned people database in their system.
This has to be a joke post, Ron.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:56 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I find it amusing when these guys say they have no friends, no connections, no social life... but they just have to "find a girlfriend!!!" as a first priority. Yeah, sign me up!

Old 01-03-2016, 09:16 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgandyHtown View Post
Those guys are very arrogant. I've looked into it and the issue is that they cater mainly to women because they want to satisfy women and guarantee that they have a safe and pleasant experience. That will keep the men around (aka more members). Anyway, I did send an email saying I made a mistake and really want this chance to find love. Haven't heard back. I've read that these pleas go on deaf ears. I still tried.

I'm now planning to wait 2 weeks and then use a friends' card to sign up.
So you ADMITTED you were at fault? Now you want a corporate business to FORGIVE you?

Of course they want to cater to women - just like drink specials for women - they NEED women because there are many more guys on the site than women. So, play nice, or don't play at all - their site, their rules.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:36 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Match takes harassment very seriously. NO ONE wants to be subjected to such behavior - guy OR gal. Don't ever try to continue a conversation once someone makes it clear that they are not interested. Consider it a lesson learned.
Match.com is littered with fake bot profiles and scammers. I've reported a number of them myself as I've seen so many of them. Generally very attractive women don't have a generic profile with their profile preferences being vacant. There are a number of other red flags as well. Things such as not being in the area for a while, etc etc. Or best yet, the World Health Organization health worker working in another country. Also a ready willingness to get into a relationship early. Real women especially that are attractive test the waters first. So easy to spot after I've encountered so many disappointed experiences.

Absolute BS all of it. A complete waste of money to be on that site. Whatever they are doing to combat fraud is a complete joke.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:40 AM

505 posts, read 368,871 times
Here's an idea...

Get out from behind the keyboard and go out and meet people IRL.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:43 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
How old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships