Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 01:59 PM

52 posts, read 30,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Don't. The guy's body is PERFECT, but he looks violent and angry and over the top.

i'm going to be similarly chiseled, I'm not going to adopt his angry look

I have a very warm smile/eyes. I'm going to take advantage of that in my pics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 01:59 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCovenant View Post
I basically pay around 500-1200 a month for guaranteed dates.
So you are buying dates?

No way you get long term relationships from women who get paid to go out with you....

Old 01-04-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Are you approaching them with lotion, a basket and a little dog or something?

Because otherwise I am sorry to say, there is no way in hell you'are an 8-ish by comparison to that photo being a 10 and approaching women and they're just blowing you off. To quote Steve Martin: oh...no...way.

I mean...something else is up.

I had 6 strangers in a month call me "gorgeous" to "extremely handsome" to "a beautiful man". Clients at work, a married woman at a bar, etc... I swear to god I'm not lying.

Finding attractive women my age who would be willing to go out on a date with me is damn near impossible. It doesn't make any sense to you? Imagine how little sense it makes to me

Not only am I that attractive, I made around 160K last year (at 26 years of age) living in a very reasonable cost of living area. It's around a top 0.01% income for men under 30

Old 01-04-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
So you are buying dates?

No way you get long term relationships from women who get paid to go out with you....

It's paying the website, the women aren't paid to go on dates. They're random women selected from online dating sites

That may be a little extreme, I think I'm going to try with just the profile written for me first.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What I did was the following:

I looked at other people's profiles and picked bits and pieces from others and created my own.

Don't put a long list of wants and don'ts there.

5-6 lines are completely enough. Nobody wants to read a novel. Be funny if it goes with the flow but don't be corny.

I had long profiles, I had short ones, the result overall was the same.
Short profiles very rarely worked for me. They needed to be exceptional in order for me to take notice. I gravitated toward longer, meatier profiles, as my was quite long. My opportunities/matches never suffered for it, either. My matches, men who were good or excellent matches, typically had longer, detailed profiles and enjoyed the same in their matches.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:14 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
no i'm not quite that good looking. He's a 10, i'm probably like a 7.5 to an 8/10. I just want to have that chiseled look in the face like that.

I went to a bar on Saturday and was making friends with some random strangers. I asked one of the guys there if I should hit on this girl and he goes "for sure dude. I don't want to sound gay but you're a very good looking guy. I think you would have success". Of course, I approached her and she wanted nothing to do with me
Serious Q for ya:

Did you actually SPEAK to her or just stand there staring and frighten her?

Old 01-04-2016, 02:14 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Just curious...what's the difference between a "stranger", and a " random stranger"?

Old 01-04-2016, 02:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
I had 6 strangers in a month call me "gorgeous" to "extremely handsome" to "a beautiful man". Clients at work, a married woman at a bar, etc... I swear to god I'm not lying.

Finding attractive women my age who would be willing to go out on a date with me is damn near impossible. It doesn't make any sense to you? Imagine how little sense it makes to me

Not only am I that attractive, I made around 160K last year (at 26 years of age) living in a very reasonable cost of living area. It's around a top 0.01% income for men under 30
Slow your roll, bruh.

You are not that attractive. I promise.

You are also not unattractive, from your pics.

Your problems are that you do not live in a hot dating market and you have a crippling fear of talking to potential dates.

I think you should hire a dating coach. Even if you only make half what you claim it'll be money well spent.

Step 1: quit bragging...it is off putting.

Step 2: hire dating coach.

Step 3: listen to dating coach.

It'll work out.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Serious Q for ya:

Did you actually SPEAK to her or just stand there staring and frighten her?

I said hi to her and tried to engage her a bit, she wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. I was being my normal friendly self.

It was particularly disheartening because she was a Latina. Hispanic people always say I'm gorgeous in real life (they all think I'm from Spain or Puerto Rico)

Old 01-04-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Slow your roll, bruh.

You are not that attractive. I promise.

You are also not unattractive, from your pics.

Your problems are that you do not live in a hot dating market and you have a crippling fear of talking to potential dates.

I think you should hire a dating coach. Even if you only make half what you claim it'll be money well spent.

Step 1: quit bragging...it is off putting.

Step 2: hire dating coach.

Step 3: listen to dating coach.

It'll work out.

I'm going to try very hard at this online dating stuff. If that doesn't work, I will try to hire a dating coach. The problem with the dating coach thing is that I need someone to help me in person, not online and that's very hard to find

I don't doubt anymore that I'm attractive. I've had sooooo many people recently ranting and raving about how handsome I am with my weight loss. I know I'm not everybody's cup of tea (especially people who don't like Spanish or Middle Eastern features will not want anything to do with me) but lots of people do find me very appealing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships