Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 04:26 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Places I've traveled, my favorite music, my cat, movies, food, and my house.
I don't think there's anything really wrong with that.
The part that stood out to me in your OP, was saying you don't want to ask them anything about themselves.

To answer your OP, nope ... I don't feel boring. I have my own interests and love learning new things... So if he's into something I'll ask a heap of questions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 04:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Yeah, I'm terrible at flirting. I just end up being creepy and misunderstood. Lol
Yeah. With me, it would come off as trying too hard, or being too blunt, rather than playful, and possibly saying something corny. So I don't flirt. Closest thing for flirting from him is alot of smiling, and even that's not good lol. I hate my smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
" we can't stop EATING like this "....... Bloody hell!! LOL
Then afterward "Was I just talking to her about gas?"

Quote:
Good point and reference

I do agree that some have it and some don't however....... I think men would be a lot more tolerant of " bad " flirting than women are simply because if we like your looks ( or picture in this case ) we would put up with it more. Whereas with men chasing women we are expected more often than not to have the mouth/chat up lines and therefore be put off by the ones that can't do it. ( not all of course but in general
Rachel's flirting wasn't too good either. She's a girl that guys come to. So when she has to pursue a guy, she's very awkward. Especially when she tries to slip her bra off, and it gets tangled in her shirt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmyF1lmf2_0

Then she invites Joshua to a game. But she just tells him she has "two tickets." So he takes them both, and leaves. Joey then later has to tell her, you don't say "two tickets", but that you have "an extra ticket."

I know this is television. But some things aren't too far off. Just giving some examples of making fun of how bad some can be with flirting / seducing. And it actually subtracts points from them, rather than adding them. So they come off better not even trying.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:28 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Ok, here's a snippet of a convo I mentioned that's recently gone dead. Maybe you guys can help me revive it?

Guy: How are you? My name is Steve.
Me: Hi Steve, I'm SLS. Everything's good at the moment. How was your day?
Guy: Hi SLS! That's a really nice name. My day has been great, just got back from the gym and getting started on dinner but I have to tell you that I didn't remember the workday being that long two weeks ago. Haha
Me: Yeah, it was definitely hard to get back to work today after being off for the holidays. Thanks for the compliment, by the way.
Guy: My pleasure. I hope it won't be my last.
Me: Oh really? So what are you making for dinner?
Guy: I'm making my version of (insert fancy dish here) while listening to (insert music that I've never heard of here) to stimulate the appetite.
Me: Sounds yummy! I'm taking a cooking class this weekend because I need to expand my skills.
Guy: SLS, I don't mind saying it really hit the spot! That's awesome you're taking cooking classes. I'm desirous of doing the same.

Ok, what should I say now?

Old 01-05-2016, 04:30 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
The part that stood out to me in your OP, was saying you don't want to ask them anything about themselves.

To answer your OP, nope ... I don't feel boring. I have my own interests and love learning new things... So if he's into something I'll ask a heap of questions...
Lucky him

Ps sorry OP no I don't think I'm boring myself ( I know it's my 4/5 post on the thread but better late than never LOL )

Old 01-05-2016, 04:33 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Then there are the people who think they are being witty and original when they list things like, "my kids, food, air, water" under "6 things I can't live without."
LOL! I couldn't adapt to living with kids even if my life depended on it.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

I do ask them stuff like "where are you from, what do you do for fun, what kind of work do you do, how was your weekend, what brings you to Tinder" but I think all of that is boring. I don't ask anything deeper than that.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:35 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
I do ask them stuff like "where are you from, what do you for fun, what kind of work do you do, how was your weekend, what brings you to Tinder" but I think all of that is boring. I don't ask anything deeper than that.
I don't think you're ready for a relationship, sweetie

Old 01-05-2016, 04:39 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Places I've traveled, my favorite music, my cat, movies, food, and my house.
I would think there are multitudes of guys who are into at least two (if not more) of any of those things.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:43 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yeah. With me, it would come off as trying too hard, or being too blunt, rather than playful, and possibly saying something corny. So I don't flirt. Closest thing for flirting from him is alot of smiling, and even that's not good lol. I hate my smile.

Then afterward "Was I just talking to her about gas?"

Rachel's flirting wasn't too good either. She's a girl that guys come to. So when she has to pursue a guy, she's very awkward. Especially when she tries to slip her bra off, and it gets tangled in her shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmyF1lmf2_0

Then she invites Joshua to a game. But she just tells him she has "two tickets." So he takes them both, and leaves. Joey then later has to tell her, you don't say "two tickets", but that you have "an extra ticket."

I know this is television. But some things aren't too far off. Just giving some examples of making fun of how bad some can be with flirting / seducing. And it actually subtracts points from them, rather than adding them. So they come off better not even trying.
LOL so I take it that's not typical of America then??? ... LOL

Yes flirtings my game whether it's in jest or full blast after meeting a girl and I wouldn't change it for the world but agreed I have a mate that's AWFUL at it but his nice guy or " dignified silence " as he puts it ( LOL ) works well for him. And I've seen first hand where some really good looking blokes have not got a clue with flirting and even though I'm not involved i can help but think !!!

Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I don't think you're ready for a relationship, sweetie
But they aren't asking me anything interesting either so I guess they also aren't ready for one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I would think there are multitudes of guys who are into at least two (if not more) of any of those things.
Well yes, I spoke to a guy yesterday who told me that he met one of my favorite musicians so I was super excited about that. That's like the main reason why I gave him my number because I want to hear more about that encounter. lol

Newsflash: The guy I've been talking to since New Year's Eve just texted me and asked me if I want to meet for drinks on Friday. Finally!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships