Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 01:19 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Get your house and find a woman your age. They will be gladly taking a guy with a property and no kids and ex wife. And if you have hair, teeth, and no beer belly, your dating pool is pretty big.
Single, well-paying FT job, own home, no emotional baggage of an ex-wife or kids? He'd be a frickin' unicorn in Portland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Well I'm a 40+ year old woman, which according to the slobs on this forum means I should just kill myself, and yet I haven't given up.
I know, right? Maybe all of us "fogies" (which I believe is now 25+) should get together and "drink the Kool-aid" if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 01:38 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,157,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha music favfan View Post
Sometimes I wonder why didn't good things happen for me and happy things go for others? I turned 40 years old this past September and it seems like nothing is going good. A lot of my peers that go to my church have got married over the past 5 and 6 years and already have small kids that will be entering pre school or kindergarten. I can't hang out with them because they are busy with family stuff or they hang out with other people with kids. To make matters worse I got an email from my exfiance the day before Christmas telling me that she just got engaged. She even sent a photo of her and her fiancé. Mind you , I had no communication with her after she and I broke up 4 years ago. I dated on and off after the break up but I needed a break from the break up. I do t know why she would send me a email like that . And when I even hear about or see even younger people settling down and having families it is just I think to myself , did I completely waste my life away?

The only thing going good for me is that I have a good career. I am going to be buying a new house after this winter. The projects I plan to do with the new place and things that I want to buy to make my house look. Awesome are making me happy. I like coming up with new ideas as to what I will do with the new place. Plus I am going on vacation to Cozunel in the first week of February. So as relationship and to have a family, is my life over for that since I see younger people and people my age already settling down? Is it too late? How about all the plans I am planning to do? Should I just forget about it?
My friend waited till 45 to get married to his wife who was 35. They settled down in a loft in Soho, had a son when my friend was 50 and last week a daughter when friend was 53. They just moved to Malibu where he got a big IT start up job with tons of options.

When he was 40 he lived in a rental with three room-mates. His first marriage was at 45. BTW his wife is ten years younger and use to be a stripper at Pure Platinum in Florida and even at 43 has a rocking hard bod. He has one of those Charlie Sheen type houses that multi millionaires live in.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:46 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
omg.
Please don't tell it the secret (e.g. the truth about when female sex drive peaks).

Old 01-06-2016, 01:52 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Yes, it sounds like marriage was a mistake you both chose to make. And to think, there you were, on bended knee, asking her to spend the rest of her life with you.
If only my engagement was like that.

Instead, it was one big old stinking red flag.

Flew thousands of miles to go spend time with future in laws.

Two days before I asked her formally she just about tore my head off regarding the way I handed her an object (I was not sufficiently effete in my wrist angle or some such). I was practically ready to fly home alone and call the whole thing off. But I went against my better judgement and got engaged. I was scared of becoming the male version of an old maid. Also, I suppose I felt some guilt about going that far into the relationship and potentially calling things off. Sometimes, we have met the enemy and he is us.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:05 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I have a feeling that all the guys telling you to date as young as possible are probably in their 20's to early 30's. Just a hunch.

40 is not old. It's not too late for happiness. Cut out the toxic things in your life and focus on things that make you happy. If you want to get married and have a family - just look for the right person. It's much more important to find the right person than to find a woman as young as possible to provide you with children. First of all, no woman knows how fertile she is until she starts trying. A woman can be infertile at any age. Better to pick the right person to share your life with and deal with anything that might come your way than to pick someone based on their youth and end up divorced after a couple of years. Life can be hard - you need to find someone that makes the whole journey better - not just more aesthetically pleasing!

I'm turning 40 soon and while I'm in a different place in my life than you are, I feel your pain! It's hard! But I look around me and I see people living full, happy lives well into their 80's. Life is what you make of it. Don't waste precious time worrying about 40. Just live!
Agreed!

Old 01-06-2016, 03:09 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,293 times
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder why didn't good things happen for me and happy things go for others? I turned 40 years old this past September and it seems like nothing is going good.
If it is no good then, it must have not been very good for me since a bit after you were born? Anyway, I liked the 80s more than the 70s and I was more the 40 in the 80s

Old 01-06-2016, 03:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
I believe that it was pathetic that my ex fiancé did that to me especially on Christmas . I am guessing she wanted to stick it to me . Plus I wonder if her new fiancé knows about sending that email to me because he can be under the assumption that she has feelings for me and he can become jealous and walk out on her . That she truly doesn't love him. Am I right?
Or he could feel more secure knowing that you know that she is making the marriage commitment to him and is, essentially, off the market.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:18 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
Why would he want a woman who is 40 who has most likely hit the wall and lost her sexual appeal? And if not, will be hitting it in 5-10 years.

Much better to get a woman who is 25-30 imo.
LOL! I agree that he should focus on younger women, but for a different reason. The hitting the wall comment cracked me up.

My preference for younger women has to do with older women being bossy and demanding (not all older women ofc). A real man is "this" and a real man is "that" and yada yada. Younger women tend to be more carefree, and also willing to let the relationship happen - if it moves quickly, great; if not, that's great too.

Last edited by svendrell; 01-06-2016 at 03:28 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 03:25 PM

505 posts, read 368,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
Why?

Nothing wrong with a 25 year old woman.
Rofl at youthful ignorance.

In general they still have some more maturation to do. There are exceptions, but 20-somethings are usually immature still. Like you said there's nothing wrong with that if that's what you really want, but it seems to me that an older male in the OP's range would be much happier with a companion who's closer to his own age.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
LOL! I agree that he should focus on younger women, but for a different reason. The hitting the wall comment cracked me up.

My preference for younger women has to do with older women being bossy and demanding (not all older women ofc). A real man is "this" and a real man is "that" and yada yada. Younger women tend to be more carefree, and also willing to let the relationship happen - if it moves quickly, great; if not, that's great too.
you know that older women are way more relaxed? Stuff that drove me nuts 15 years ago will not make me angry nowadays. We are way less drama. We don't cry if we have a bad hair day. We don't freak out if you don't text back within a minute. We are less likely to accuse you of stuff because we can read in between the lines more.

And we appreciate. We have our own income, live, beliefs. We are more likely to be happy about little stuff because we appreciate life more. And our sex peak is UP.

Younger people are carefree which equals to naivity. They will not sympathize with you if you complain about your tax return, or your troubles at work because they don't have that life experience yet. THey most likely haven't had emergencies/accidents/landlord troubles/missed promotions/flooded bathrooms/mortgage/sicknesses/weird neighbors/elderly and sick parents/.........

Don't you wanna have real conversations and not just get "LOLs" as response when you are texting?

If you are extremely immature or have arrested development, it might be better if you date somebody MUCH younger. But if you are in the mental state of a 40 year old, you'll do better with a woman in the age range +/- 5-7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships