Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:27 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,121,875 times

Advertisements

I like it really cold. I mean super freezing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 01:59 PM

3,454 posts, read 4,917,941 times
I like my bedroom to be around 55 degrees while she prefers 65. She uses 4 blankets and I use 1-2.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:05 PM

37 posts, read 36,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad1126 View Post
I definitely like it colder than my husband. He's learned to sleep in flannel pjs in the winter under the covers. We don't keep it excessively cold (usually in the 69-72 range in winter) but he's ALWAYS COLD so he's learning to just wear warmer clothes to bed. I'm my own furnace, but if it's too hot, I just sleep in shorts/tshirt and less covers.

Maybe because it's not so extreme, I think of this as a small thing. In the OP's case, I don't think I could handle that. I like it cool, but man 50 degrees is TOO cold. I think i'd have to insist on a minimum of 65 to sleep over.

My gf and I had a good couple talks about the situation.
Seems the window a/c unit blowing the outside air into her bedroom is a newish thing at under 12 months time frame for her. Appartantly her exbf never had a problem with it. I have no idea how.

She has agreed to stop using the a/c fan window unit until at least 60 degrees. we havent been dating too long, so we are still working through these little things. We made good progress and compromised on what seems to be a working solution for both of us.
My gf admitted she doesnt even notice the cold air, but she uses a down comforter and seems to be really comfortable with that. Problem for me is that a down comforter is too warm for me, and with cool air blowing in, i just can't be comfortable.

Hopefully more people chime in on their current sleeping situation or perhaps a similar situation from the past can be shared.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 PM

27 posts, read 19,184 times
I can't even date freeze babies, because I like it around 60 degrees to go to sleep. I wouldn't even be able to move at 72, are you kidding me?

Old 01-18-2016, 02:39 AM

161 posts, read 136,490 times
Default Warm vs Cool

I like the ceiling fan on and the temp a cool 62-64. Love to cuddle under warm covers while having it cool above my shoulders.

My hubby absolutely HATES the ceiling fan running and will often shut it off before I come to bed. When I come to bed I turn it on, along with turning down the heat to my cool 62-64. He shuts off the fan from the remote on his cell phone along with turning up the heat from his cell phone. Pretty soon I'm sweltering and he's comfy.

He falls asleep and I turn on the fan from my cell phone; along with turning down the heat. By that time, he's too busy snoring to care..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships