Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:17 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'll bring this up at the next "What ALL women think" conference.

You're in luck. There's one of those here every day!

Sometimes more than one a day.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:18 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
LOL I got the hint that's why we havent talked
Okay, so then what's the problem?

You never came out and asked her out on a date directly, so you never gave her an opportunity to turn you down directly. She might very well be thinking you're playing games or just looking to get laid, or, quite frankly, figures if you wanted to date, you'd, you know, be an adult and be honest.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
I know girls have this reflex to be nice but it seems like I've been led on like all the time. This girl I work with is kind of cute. Like nice body ugly face cute ( the worst kind). And we've hung out a few times. I went back to her place and gave a few STRONG HINTS that I was into her and nothing. Then a few weeks ago I text her saying "If I told you ,you were cute would you hold it against me?" And she sent one of those " awe thanks" ( in a very Unenthusiastic way). And after that I haven't heard anything from her? And I work with her so I have to see her. She switched from saying hi to me to not even turning my direction. Like why go through all that trouble? If Women can be more upfront like " Just to let you know im not looking for a relationship just a friend" then that would work but when I send strong body language and she has no idea its like do I need to put it in writing???

I could be wrong but aren't we adults? if I don't like a girl I will tell her in a very kind manner she's not my type. But for some reason women tend to just not say anything while you fantasize about a relationship that will never happen.
Perhaps she is aware that she is not all that cute, she could have some self esteem issues going on. She could be thinking you just want her for her body and a quick fling, then drop her once a pretty face comes along. Maybe she been down that road before, and tired of being dumped for a pretty face after having feelings for a guy.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:31 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Personally, I don't see anything this woman did was wrong.

I'm curious, though...give me an example of one of your "strong hints" when you were at her place, OP?

Old 01-07-2016, 05:38 PM

639 posts, read 579,074 times
Quote:
I know girls have this reflex to be nice but it seems like I've been led on like all the time. This girl I work with is kind of cute. Like nice body ugly face cute ( the worst kind). And we've hung out a few times. I went back to her place and gave a few STRONG HINTS that I was into her and nothing. Then a few weeks ago I text her saying "If I told you ,you were cute would you hold it against me?" And she sent one of those " awe thanks" ( in a very Unenthusiastic way). And after that I haven't heard anything from her? And I work with her so I have to see her. She switched from saying hi to me to not even turning my direction. Like why go through all that trouble? If Women can be more upfront like " Just to let you know im not looking for a relationship just a friend" then that would work but when I send strong body language and she has no idea its like do I need to put it in writing???

I could be wrong but aren't we adults? if I don't like a girl I will tell her in a very kind manner she's not my type. But for some reason women tend to just not say anything while you fantasize about a relationship that will never happen.
You don't sound like an adult. why don't you be honest and tell her she's really ugly but has a good body, see where that gets you.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:45 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
You don't sound like an adult. why don't you be honest and tell her she's really ugly but has a good body, see where that gets you.
Agreed with quoted

You text her saying she's cute. So you outright lied to her. Because you describe her as ugly. But if you tell her that, you knew she wouldn't want you. So you lied.

So that's why some people - men or women lie. It gets them whatever they may want, and the truth won't.

Last edited by HappyRain; 01-07-2016 at 06:00 PM..

Old 01-07-2016, 05:54 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
If your interest is just getting laid then don't bother with this anymore and move on. If you really think you may be interested in really getting to know her and spend time with her, then ask her out on a real date and see what she says. Then you'll know the honest truth.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:59 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:

It sounds to me like you think that just because you don't find her that attractive, she should be responding favorably to your advances and be grateful that you're showing her some attention. However, your ego is bruised because that isn't happening.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:01 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times

Old 01-07-2016, 06:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:

" ugly face cute ( the worst kind ) " ?

Plus mate I think YOU read the whole situation wrong and she's not really done anything wrong or misleading to be fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships